Sponsored

First edition left in the woods. (Stuck in Park)

Sndmn

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jk
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ford Bronco First edition left in the woods. (Stuck in Park) 7C6D1640-5674-422B-93DF-1F745F31126D

Here’s one for those with obscure knowledge that may be a able to help. This is a picture on my first edition that I had to leave because it would not shift out of park. For several weeks the key fob (both fobs and both with new batteries) give a random no key detected message. If the fob is in the right pocket not a problem but near the door I get random no key detected messages. The rear door has to have the key within 6in to function so this had been an issue. I say that to say this is how the bronco acted after starting normally than acting as if there was no key and not shifting out of park. You can hear the solenoid activate on starting the car and the brake lights work so not that and not a fuse. I was camping a couple days so I left it for a couple hours and came back. Car worked normally. The next morning packed up got in and it would not shift out of park. Both times first thing in the morning and the key were in it all night. Don’t know if that played a part but maybe. For an hour it acted this way. I had to leave it (luckily had a buddy with me) to go to work. Can back to it and it started normally. Very disconcerting to off-road in a vehicle that may or may not shift out of park. Anybody experienced anything like this?
Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you think it's the fob? You clearly didn't look at the manual. Or you're just unaware that all push button start vehicles have a fob receiver area to make sure the key is picked up...
🤷🏻

Screenshot_20210926-161820_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

wolfman064

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Land Rover Discovery TD6
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This happened on my F150. Problem ended up being the brake switch that is attached to the brake pedal failed, so the truck never sensed when your foot was applied to the brake pedal to activate the shifter disengage button. Wish I knew that before having to have the truck towed.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There's also an interlock that detects if your foot is on the brake pedal. They've been known to have problems. I know of at least 2 people that had this with a Ford. There's a manual release somewhere, usually under the console.

Sponsored

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pop the center console up to get access to the shifter base. look and feel around for a release.
Fairly common Fordism... Dealer can replace the electronics that move the release when you get it back to town.

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco sport, 1969 Bronco sport, 1990 F250 Lariat 4x4, 2015 F150 Lariat super crew 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had an issue like this the day my son was born. I ended up shifting to neutral then starting the car, and from there I was able to put the car into gear. Not sure if it’ll work with new technology but it’s worth a try in an emergency situation like this.

OP
OP

Sndmn

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jk
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Do you think it's the fob? You clearly didn't look at the manual. Or you're just unaware that all push button start vehicles have a fob receiver area to make sure the key is picked up...
🤷🏻

Ford Bronco First edition left in the woods. (Stuck in Park) 5A4C0497-13B2-4FCA-9E6B-38BED86F7205
Actually placed the key into the passive key backup position to see if that made a difference - it didn’t.

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man, OP, that just sucks. When this happened before, did you contact your dealership service department or anything?

@WuNgUn seems to have a good suggestion, although he points it out rather crudely :)

If the drop in center console trick does indeed work, I'd still take it in. No way is the car meant to disconnect from the fob so easily.

Hope you get a fix and report back or an update or whatever makes it go away. So sorry you had to leave your baby on the trail.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond