daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, we start this story with 3500 First Edition Broncos, sold out on the first night. Other disappointed FE reservation want-to-be's grumble, while they fall in line to reserve a Wildtrak or Badlands or whatever...

Later on, in the probable 2021 model year list of reservations to build, Ford announces another 3500 FE models will be offered. I'm not sure where these went, because numerous people complained that they were also sold out, before they could even log onto the site. I guess that is just as well, because who would want to pay the premium to get a First Edition model that will show up toward the end of the 2021 model build process. This is even more evident, now that the build dates and delivery dates have been postponed, again.

Ford says that the new Bronco's will be built in the general order that the reservations were received; which can be adjusted, by moving reservations to also manage the build sequence, by lot.

So, if Ford merges the 2nd batch of First Edition Broncos, with the first bunch to get all of the FE Models on the road as quick as possible, then everyone that reserved after midnight or so on July 13th will move back in priority... about 3500 vehicles.

If ford leaves the second batch of First Edition Broncos, where they belong, then they might want to re-name them "Last Edition of the First Model Year, Broncos."

If I was Ford, I know what my Business Plan would dictate, and it doesn't make me happy!!!
Sponsored

Figment

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My guess is the site was so screwed up that first night that they accidentally took more than 3,500 FE reservations and had to extend the run as a result. At this point, if it delays me two more weeks there’s not much we can do about it anyway. So I’m just going to worry about shit that actually matters or I have control over.

OP
OP
acetdeucy

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My guess is the site was so screwed up that first night that they accidentally took more than 3,500 FE reservations and had to extend the run as a result. At this point, if it delays me two more weeks there’s not much we can do about it anyway. So I’m just going to worry about shit that actually matters or I have control over.
I agree with you. We've already waited this long! I just don't want to see that Ford is trying to pull something over on us "little people."

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, this is how I interpreted what happened. They "over sold" the FE's, and instead of telling half of the buyers "whoops, sorry!" they just expanded the number of FE's they're willing to sell to cover the reservations that were already made.

Also, I'd be *shocked* if all of those convert to actual orders. I wonder if the conversion rate for FE's will actually be lower than the overall rate. (Tons of people jumped on the FE just in case they wanted it, or were hoping of flipping it, and will change their mind by the time ordering comes around.)

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Personally I think that Ford accidentally made 3500 reservations per model (3500 for 2-door and 3500 for 4-door) available and not 3500 total available on accident. Then they just ran with it since they sold out instantly. In my mind that's what happened.

Sponsored

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

At least you guys got a "kick at the can",we are lucky to even get a bronc in Canada

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, we start this story with 3500 First Edition Broncos, sold out on the first night. Other disappointed FE reservation want-to-be's grumble, while they fall in line to reserve a Wildtrak or Badlands or whatever...

Later on, in the probable 2021 model year list of reservations to build, Ford announces another 3500 FE models will be offered. I'm not sure where these went, because numerous people complained that they were also sold out, before they could even log onto the site. I guess that is just as well, because who would want to pay the premium to get a First Edition model that will show up toward the end of the 2021 model build process. This is even more evident, now that the build dates and delivery dates have been postponed, again.

Ford says that the new Bronco's will be built in the general order that the reservations were received; which can be adjusted, by moving reservations to also manage the build sequence, by lot.

So, if Ford merges the 2nd batch of First Edition Broncos, with the first bunch to get all of the FE Models on the road as quick as possible, then everyone that reserved after midnight or so on July 13th will move back in priority... about 3500 vehicles.

If ford leaves the second batch of First Edition Broncos, where they belong, then they might want to re-name them "Last Edition of the First Model Year, Broncos."

If I was Ford, I know what my Business Plan would dictate, and it doesn't make me happy!!!

I think their mistake was calling it First Edition. This gives the impression that these will be built first. I understand that they might not have wanted to call it Launch Edition since that's what the Gladiator was called but they could have called it something else that would not have given the impression that these would be built first. That way it would have still been a special model for the first year of production but without everyone clambering to the front of the line yelling FIRST!

Last edited:

broncomorrow

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

There was definitely something screwed up with the FE orders. I reserved one and my confirmation email said I reserved a Badlands. So I went in real quick and reserved another FE...which was confirmed by email. About a week or two later...just before the FE doubling announcement...I got an email saying my first reservation had incorrectly indicated I reserved a Badlands and that it was indeed an FE. So 2 FE reservations. I cancelled the 2nd and kept the 1st. Doubling the available reservations was a much easier solution than telling a bunch of people they messed up and didn't really get an FE.

OP
OP
acetdeucy

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At least you guys got a "kick at the can",we are lucky to even get a bronc in Canada
That's what I've been hearing! Sorry!!!

OP
OP
acetdeucy

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There was definitely something screwed up with the FE orders. I reserved one and my confirmation email said I reserved a Badlands. So I went in real quick and reserved another FE...which was confirmed by email. About a week or two later...just before the FE doubling announcement...I got an email saying my first reservation had incorrectly indicated I reserved a Badlands and that it was indeed an FE. So 2 FE reservations. I cancelled the 2nd and kept the 1st. Doubling the available reservations was a much easier solution than telling a bunch of people they messed up and didn't really get an FE.
Yeah. You woulda kicked yourself in the butt, if it hadn't worked out that way.

Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Personally I think that Ford accidentally made 3500 reservations per model (3500 for 2-door and 3500 for 4-door) available and not 3500 total available on accident. Then they just ran with it since they sold out instantly. In my mind that's what happened.
I was thinking the same. It did seem like the 4 doors sold out before the 2 doors. But after 3 hours of getting booted off the site, I didn't know if I was coming or going.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

7500 is anywhere between 7450 and 7549 (sorry that's the accountant in me) -? LOL. I'm guessing they even oversold the 7500 knowing that some people would bail out and will end up somewhere in that range - or the remaining few FEs that get them to 7500 will end up as sales awards or charity auction vehicles.
Sponsored