Garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLS 63 AMG
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi all,

I was inquiring with my dealer in San Diego today and got this back. This is supposedly the gent handling the bronco orders.

"I haven't heard anything yet. But because of certain things that go into the 1st edition like the Black painted roof it's going to be a late availability. Things like the leather and the Black painted roof, also because of your reservation number it will be a 2022 model year which will give you new options. Ford has been sending out emails(especially 1st edition clients) giving incentives because of all the delays from the suppliers Ford gets their stuff from."

Please tell me we are not waiting for MY22 for our first editions. I had seen that mentioned in several other posts but thought it was a mistake. I did order it with the black top, but I thought that email we got from ford said the first editions would be coming with MIC tops. I also ordered the black leather. I was also a first day order. Ugh say it isnt so.
Sponsored

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hi all,

I was inquiring with my dealer in San Diego today and got this back. This is supposedly the gent handling the bronco orders.

"I haven't heard anything yet. But because of certain things that go into the 1st edition like the Black painted roof it's going to be a late availability. Things like the leather and the Black painted roof, also because of your reservation number it will be a 2022 model year which will give you new options. Ford has been sending out emails(especially 1st edition clients) giving incentives because of all the delays from the suppliers Ford gets their stuff from."

Please tell me we are not waiting for MY22 for our first editions. I had seen that mentioned in several other posts but thought it was a mistake. I did order it with the black top, but I thought that email we got from ford said the first editions would be coming with MIC tops. I also ordered the black leather. I was also a first day order. Ugh say it isnt so.
There are NO MY22 FEs. Period. Black Leather was late availability, which Ford had now said is available now. The FEs will be built with MIC tops. Your dealer is stupid, uniformed or lazy.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi all,

Sounds like salesperson doesn't know too much. Almost positive 2021 FEs come with MIC roofs and you can get black leather.

OP
OP

gjacobsn

First Edition
First Name
Garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLS 63 AMG
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
There are NO MY22 FEs. Period. Black Leather was late availability, which Ford had now said is available now. The FEs will be built with MIC tops. Your dealer is stupid, uniformed or lazy.
I was hoping for this response. Is there something I should be asking them for to make sure they haven't royally screwed up the order?

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One simply doesnot have a late reservation AND an FE order.

WTH is the dealer talikng about?

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was hoping for this response. Is there something I should be asking them for to make sure they haven't royally screwed up the order?
The order invoice/summary....amongst other possible documents.
DORA

Southern frog

First Edition
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep liberty
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I know black leather is no longer late availability. And I believe I seen that all first editions will only be My21. So they will only come with MIC top.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you not gotten the direct emails from Ford clarifying all of the FE issues?

Reactions: abe
OP
OP

gjacobsn

First Edition
First Name
Garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLS 63 AMG
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Have you not gotten the direct emails from Ford clarifying all of the FE issues?
I did get an email about the MIC top. I was cool with that. That is the last one I received. With everyone chattering about build dates etc I decided to reach out to find out where I was on their list and got that quote back by email. So still no idea, and was confused by being told I was a late reservation.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The big question is did the dealer change the top to MIC before April 8th? If you did not, your order may be deferred to MY22 and you will not get a First Edition.
You could possibly still get your FE if the dealer can change your order to MIC top, and order code 10. I think someone else on this forum was able to get it changed after the deadline, but I could be mistaken. I think they went into the dealer and raised holy hell and was able to get it done.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

gjacobsn

First Edition
First Name
Garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLS 63 AMG
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
ill not get a First Edition.
You could possibly still get your FE if the dealer c
The big question is did you have the dealer change the top to MIC before April 8th? If you did not, your order may be deferred to MY22 and you will not get a First Edition.
You could possibly still get your FE if the dealer can change your order to MIC top, and order code 10. I think someone else on this forum was able to get it changed after the deadline, but I could be mistaken. I think they went into the dealer and raised holy hell and was able to get it done.
Ugh. I assumed when I got the email from ford that all first editions were coming with MIC that they had just converted the order. I did not do anything proactive, and I bet my dealer did not either.

OP
OP

gjacobsn

First Edition
First Name
Garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLS 63 AMG
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ugh. I assumed when I got the email from ford that all first editions were coming with MIC that they had just converted the order. I did not do anything proactive, and I bet my dealer did not either.
The email from Ford said

" In October, we told you the black painted modular hard top roof was going to be removed as the standard First Edition roof offering and the price reduced accordingly. At that time, we believed we could still offer this feature as a late-summer availability option for 2021 model year, but we didn't account for the continued effects of COVID-19 on our supplier readiness. Due to challenges our roof supplier is experiencing, the black painted modular hard top and dual top roofs will unfortunately not be available until 2022 model year. Your Bronco First Edition will now come with a carbonized gray molded-in-color roof, (you can see a version here) and your price will be adjusted accordingly. "

It sure seemed like they took care of this. Was I wrong not to contact the dealer?

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I just re read the email and I think it does suggest they will automatically switch it. I would contact the Bronco team at the number in the email and confirm with them. There's been too much contradicting information everywhere.

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cant be first AND second at the same time BRODAWG

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

FE's are auto converted to MIC top unless the buyer decided to switch to a different model altogether. Black leather is available now, not late availability. As long as your order isn't a priority 19, you should get scheduled for production soon, if not this Thursday. Call and ask your dealer what priority # you are. If you're 10-19 you're good and it's out of the dealers hands at this point.
Sponsored