Sponsored

First Edition Navy Interior - Love it or hate it?

Are you still buying an FE if the only interior option is Navy?

• Total voters

jmalinov

First Edition
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer, 2018 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Calculated the price diff to be $17,210 between Badlands and First edition (2 door for me)

The big ticket items we don't know for price are: 2.7L, 10 spd Automatic, Sasquatch, and Lux.

That will seal the deal if I can get a normal interior in the Badlands.
are u saying that if those “big ticket items” equal or is less than $17,210, then you will likely go with badlands?
Sponsored

Uncle Gump

First Name
Gump
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Ranger, 1986 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@uncle GRUMP - It's an open forum and this keep the fun going for the members out there. Leave the BS for another forum or go talk to the guys in the JK thread who are salty about the Bronco launch.
Seriously... name calling?

BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

are u saying that if those “big ticket items” equal or is less than $17,210, then you will likely go with badlands?
There needs to be a margin in between to consider it, and the ability to pick an interior not designed by an intern or leftover F150 blue leather.

bobby bunny time

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
flintstones mobile
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
7k FE’s now being made ?
2 base is less than one fe...now peeps have some perspective.

and if that pic is limited edition blue that would be lol as well. there's nothing special looking about those grey seats

Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I for one was hoping to get the navy interior....

And if that leak yesterday is accurate, I won't have an option either on Wildtrak.

AbeFroman

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If switching out of the FE, would you guess that our changed orders are in the same build order as if we got the FE, or do we go to the back of the line of the people who reserved our newly selected trim in the first place? As an example, if I was FE #3000, but switch to Badlands where by December 10,000 were already reserved, do I become #10,001 in build order, or would my order get sorted in between based on time my FE reservation was made or total reservation location in sequence?

BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If switching out of the FE, would you guess that our changed orders are in the same build order as if we got the FE, or do we go to the back of the line of the people who reserved our newly selected trim in the first place? As an example, if I was FE #3000, but switch to Badlands where by December 10,000 were already reserved, do I become #10,001 in build order, or would my order get sorted in between based on time my FE reservation was made or total reservation location in sequence?
Hey Bueller, I think they will retain your spot in line. The production will probably still depend on what trim they're building that day/week though.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm really hoping Ford will wake up and smell the coffee giving us the Brown/Ebony option. If they don't here's my take on the Blue Death. If it looks as bad as pics I might switch to Wildtrak with Brown/Ebony. If the Wildtrak ends up costing me alot more money with same options I might stay with FE. but only if the blue looks alot better in person. Hopfully with the two tone there is alot more black with just some small amounts of blue.
Worse case senerio for me is take the FE what ever way it comes and trade it in on a Raptor/Warthog when they come out.

Last edited:

jmalinov

First Edition
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer, 2018 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm really hoping Ford will wake up and smell the coffee giving us the Brown/Ebony option. If they don't here's my take on the Blue Death. If it looks as bad as pics I might switch to Wildtrak with Brown/Ebony. If the Wildtrak ends up costing me alot more money with same options I might stay with FE. but only if the blue looks alot better in person. Hopfully with the two tone there is alot more black with just some small amounts of blue.
So why are u going wild track as opposed to loaded badlands?

Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So why are u going wild track as opposed to loaded badlands?
My thoughts are the Wildtak is the closest optioned out Bronco to the FE. I may be wrong but have the feeling a fully loaded Badlands will cost more than a fully loaded Wildtak. I have no problem going to a Badlands if it's less than Wildtrak with same options. No sway bar disconect is not a big deal for me on Wildtak but I do like the fact you can get a paint color match top with the Badlands. In a nut shell Badlands, Wildtrak or First Edition Which ever gives me the most Bang for my Buck is the way I'll probally end up going.

King Dusty

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, First Edition...
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I was really hoping that the F.E. was going to be Filson. That would truly be unique and that's what I've been wanting. Playing the wait and see to determine if keeping FE or optioning out a badlands if significant cost savings. Fingers crossed, we haven't seen the full F E picture.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford doesn’t sound concerned about the “give me more interior options” FE crowd. Given the demand they probably don’t need to be.
Sad but True. Their probally laughing at us saying, don't want it don't take it, the guy right behind you will buy it. And for the folks that don't buy one, well they're still going to take one of our other models. They know all 7000 will be sold within the first couple month of release. I'm betting alot of folks will stay with their FE reservation if in fact it's alot more money to option out a Badlands or Wildtrak. After all we hate parting with our hard earned money or at least I do.

Runningwaters

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Sad but True. Their probally laughing at us saying, don't want it don't take it, the guy right behind you will buy it. And for the folks that don't buy one, well they're still going to take one of our other models. They know all 7000 will be sold within the first couple month of release. I'm betting alot of folks will stay with their FE reservation if in fact it's alot more money to option out a Badlands or Wildtrak. After all we hate parting with our hard earned money or at least I do.
I think a good number of people won’t be very happy about the navy interior.

There are plenty of big Bronco fans on here saying they’ll drop their reservation if it’s only navy.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...love-it-or-hate-it-theres-no-in-between.2555/

And The rest of the First Edition market is mostly the people who just get the most expensive trim for a car. But even these guys just don’t buy that car if they don’t like it when it gets in (considering Range Rover, Mercedes, etc. buyers) and will just buy another.

It genuinely seems that if Ford forces the navy interior, there will be a good number of First Editions sitting on lots while the people who would’ve otherwise bought them up wait for one with a better interior or just move on to a different off-roader vehicle altogether.

Since we can’t swap dealerships (and it seems that we can’t change trim out of the First Edition) without canceling losing our place in line, I won’t be getting a Bronco if they Force that navy interior on us.

If I have to cancel my reservation, it’s staying that way.
Sponsored