First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope this is just dirt or some kind of other gunk rather than scratches.
MIC.jpg
Probably just some residue that the dust is sticking to. It is extremely fine dust out there. If you were to press against the side of your vehicle and come back a little later you would see a perfect handprint just from the dust sticking to the oils from your hand.
Sponsored

Pepin10

Base
First Name
Pepin10
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did I miss a thread, are we allowed to use bronco Nation stuff again?

Thomas1984

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

is this realistically how dark the MIC top will be for production, or a one-off build for their photo fleet? If MIC will actually be this dark I may cancel my Black Mod top and get this instead.
That’s what I did, the black mod top looks awesome but easier to scratch when removing off and on, the MIC is more resistant to scratches

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it looks great, but for being the FE, it's not differentiated much (no idea what I was expecting to be "different" :))

MikeCt

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FORD really has to be more forth coming on what the production tops, both the MIC and MOD
tops, will look like. They are accepting orders and dealers are collecting, in some cases, ]non- refundable deposits and asking buyers to make decisions on color/top combinations that are either changing or or have not yet released pictures of production units. For myself, I don't think
the lighter gray MIC top works well with my color choice, so opted for the late availability
black MOD top. That said the one picture recently published beyond the two concept builds of the MOD top looks too glossy for me. Time has come for FORD to make a decision, and publish correct information.

Ford Bronco First Edition Rapid Red Bronco at KOH 469F60FD-4697-4425-96B6-978D705FFCF8
Ford Bronco First Edition Rapid Red Bronco at KOH 4A15B04B-A51A-4E94-96B8-9050952A36A2
Ford Bronco First Edition Rapid Red Bronco at KOH 13D49BFF-3B96-4DDE-A5DF-172C746711E1

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think it looks great, but for being the FE, it's not differentiated much (no idea what I was expecting to be "different" :))
FE should stand for Full Effect instead

You get all the Bronco has to offer
But it isn't different enough to honor the First Edition moniker

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

FORD really has to be more forth coming on what the production tops, both the MIC and MOD
tops, will look like. They are accepting orders and dealers are collecting, in some cases, ]non- refundable deposits and asking buyers to make decisions on color/top combinations that are either changing or or have not yet released pictures of production units. For myself, I don't think
the lighter gray MIC top works well with my color choice, so opted for the late availability
black MOD top. That said the one picture recently published beyond the two concept builds of the MOD top looks too glossy for me. Time has come for FORD to make a decision, and publish correct information.

Ford Bronco First Edition Rapid Red Bronco at KOH 13D49BFF-3B96-4DDE-A5DF-172C746711E1
There's actually a very good chance that the two four doors you posted with the MIC top are the exact same truck. I don't know how many more times it can be said that the lights in the factory wash everything out and that MIC reflects light quite differently depending on conditions. What you see in the recent KOH photos will very likely be the roof that Ford delivers.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FE should stand for Full Effect instead

You get all the Bronco has to offer
But it isn't different enough to honor the First Edition moniker
That was better stated! Seems like it needs something more, although it’s totally awesome 👆🏽

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That was better stated! Seems like it needs something more, although it’s totally awesome 👆🏽
Full edition? Final Edition?

Idk but either are those are more accurate than first edition lol

MikeCt

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's actually a very good chance that the two four doors you posted with the MIC top are the exact same truck. I don't know how many more times it can be said that the lights in the factory wash everything out and that MIC reflects light quite differently depending on conditions. What you see in the recent KOH photos will very likely be the roof that Ford delivers.
I concluded the same, that the the trucks are likely the same and is why I selected these pictures for comparison. It is obvious the bright factory lighting 'distorts' the color as it will appear in
natural light. That said, FORD has allowed several of the distorted factory pictures to be
published in various sites. My point is that because FORD has decided to initially market
the BRONCO as a pre-order, or Built To Order (BTO) vehicle that they need to provide accurate
renderings of the various configurations so that buyers can make informed choices.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, paint question for you guys related to Rapid.

disclaimer: pinstripes are badges of honor. My silver Tacoma is full of them. Colorado trails can be pretty narrow. Trucks are tools, not jewelry.

We have three basic paint finishes.
• Non-metallic, such as A51
• Metallic, such as Carbonized Gray
• Tri-coat, such as Rapid red

Will any of these paint styles hold / show pinstripes more than others? For example does the extra layer on the Tri-coats create such depth that it highlights pinstripes?

I recognize that color heavily influences this as the lighter colors hide pins better than the darker colors so this may be a unanswerable question. Just tossing it out there.

Part of me wants to say eff-it and change my order to Shadow Black. Bring on the pinstripes! Yes, I will push my Bronco through through the woods on my first opportunity. 😎

PEACE

morrieswigs

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger T/A, C3 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I honestly do see a difference in the two MIC tops. It does seem that Ford is trying to make it match the fenders and other grey parts which is nice.

Oh and Rapid Red looks amazing!
Sponsored