First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Got my email from Ford this morning with production details for my 2 door FE with a build week in November. The VIN ends with A20892. Does this mean it's number 892 for First Editions? Seems odd given late build date.
Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Got my email from Ford this morning with production details for my 2 door FE with a build week in November. The VIN ends with A20892. Does this mean it's number 892 for First Editions? Seems odd given late build date.
According to the Bronco6G "general specifications" document, the 10th VIN position is the Model Year Code ("M" for 2021), the 11th VIN position is the Assembly Plant Code ("L" for MAP) followed by the Production Sequence Number, "the last 6 VIN positions are a numeric Code for the vehicle build Sequence. This is also the vehicle serial and warranty number . . . found on the engine block, transmission and frame."

That last 6 or 8 characters are highlighted on your window sticker, and seem to be what most parts departments need.

You'll find a build sequence code right after the blend date on your Window sticker.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe the 892nd 2 door? The 4 door FE VIns seem to be sequential MLA4xxxx.

ModifyMike

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F450
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Also the last few digits of your VIN is actually associated with your order and not its place in line for building. Example my Dealers personal FE is literally one digit before mine in the last 6 of the VIN but getting built a week later.

Sponsored

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

There is no way to know what number FE we will have unless ford explicitly tells us in the future. They've completely fucked us out of that cool feature by excluding the number plate. The vin is useless unfortunately.

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If one is an FE and the other not then you are not just off by a few numbers...Positions 5,6,7 designate 2 door / 4 door and FE / non-FE.

Therefore, it is possible that is the order the FE's are built in but only Ford could tell you and I do not think you can compare at all to non-FE VINs. Just like you probably can not compare Advance 4X4 to non...YMMV.

Ford Bronco First Edition VIN Question Bronco VIN

DarthTod

First Edition
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition, Mustang GT, F-350 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

FWIW, I also have a 2 door FE, my build week is 9/20, and my sequence number is A20477. I thought that I was a pretty late reservation as FE’s go, with a time stamp of 7:48 pm Pacific time, were you later than that?

350DGRZ

First Edition
First Name
Nilo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 FX4 Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My sequence number is A20786, I have a build week of 11/1. 2dr FE here.

cigartexan

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 F100 SS - 2012 F-350 SD - 2021 4D Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I don't recall ever seeing anything concrete on how many 2door vs. 4door First Editions were reserved and ordered. I heard that not all FE were ordered, but also that all 7000 will be made. Did Ford count on a certain percentage of orders to be 2door?

I would also think that 4doors were reserved at a faster rate than the 2doors based on the overall numbers. I suck at spread sheets, but I would be cool if someone put together one that had all VIN issued FE res holders here with Res#, Res Timestamp, 2 or 4 door, and VIN. Not sure order date or build dates would have any value.

Res#(101)27024, Time: 9:03pm CT, VIN: (A4)1267

Sponsored

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I don't recall ever seeing anything concrete on how many 2door vs. 4door First Editions were reserved and ordered. I heard that not all FE were ordered, but also that all 7000 will be made. Did Ford count on a certain percentage of orders to be 2door?

I would also think that 4doors were reserved at a faster rate than the 2doors based on the overall numbers. I suck at spread sheets, but I would be cool if someone put together one that had all VIN issued FE res holders here with Res#, Res Timestamp, 2 or 4 door, and VIN. Not sure order date or build dates would have any value.

I think

Were you a 2 or 4 door? Maybe I missed it?

cigartexan

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 F100 SS - 2012 F-350 SD - 2021 4D Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

OP
OP

Kcmiller

First Edition
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My build date for my First Edition is showing (per Ford's email) as 11/8/2021. Obviously, this seems rather late given that I ordered on the first day, etc. Isn't November when they start building the 2022 models??

Spiff89

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a 4 door FE "in production" and my date is also 11/8 for my VIN : A43329
Sponsored