indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think you are just looking at it wrong. There’s only 7000 of the first editions being made. In my opinion, first editions are not about getting the bronco you want. They are about getting a limited edition collectors item. If that’s not what you want, then you should probably spec out one of the other trims and get it exactly how you want it.
Seems like there are other options for people to get the Bronco attributes they want, if only they can give up the exclusivity of the FE badge. Some people are really drawn to exclusivity though.
Sponsored

StyleGuy

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE, Jaguar F-Pace, GMC Denali XL
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I've purchased a FE Jaguar and it only came in Glacier white with unique wheels. I've never seen another one driving around. It's unique and always gets comments on the color. I really don't see anything special about the Bronco FE except for the price. If they really wanted to draw attention to the new Bronco that's what they'd do. Maybe that Ford Code Orange with black leather/orange stitching would fit the bill. Everyone would notice it and it'd be a huge draw.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ya the problem with the Bronco FE isn’t that we don’t have interior choices, it’s that we have do have exterior choices. Nothing special about it. Plus the fact the interior they decided to go with is butt ugly.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
BTW ... The Raptor SE (special Editions) only had 1 interior choice and also limited exterior colors and only happen once in 2014:

Ford Bronco First Edition - Why no unique color and LESS color choices 1600711066089

Last edited:

Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For comparison, the 21MY Ram TRX Launch Edition comes in one color: Anvil.

Not an uncommon practice.
HOW DARE THEY!!!!??!?! Let's all complain!

(completely joking - thank you for realizing it's a common thing)

TJ Freestone

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am sure this has been discussed (sorry in advance)...but what on earth is Ford’s logic for having their “special”, most expensive, First Edition having no unique colors AND less paint choices that ANY model (including the Base)?????????

I cannot understand how this makes ANY sense?

Charge the most and offer the least? This must be a new tactic/strategy in business...that I have never heard of.

I have an FE slot at the moment but with the expansion in numbers and the lack of a blue in the FE color palette (A51 doesn’t count)...I just can’t see spending more for what amounts to less? Whenever the B&P is up...I will finally have the chance to compare and contrast pricing (and value)...and, most likely, swap my choice.

TJ Freestone

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Seems like there are other options for people to get the Bronco attributes they want, if only they can give up the exclusivity of the FE badge. Some people are really drawn to exclusivity though.
If somebody is willing to pay the price (not me) they should get something that is easily identifiable for years to come that it was and is an FE. Yes special colors, perhaps some heritage colors and interiors. I think Ford should let the FE buyers choose the colors by on-line vote. Ford and the world should learn that when you try to control others choices you lose.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Count your blessings, the real First Edition Ford was only offered in one color...Black!?
I'd actually take a Black Bronco FE, as long as it didn't come with blue interior. ?

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I kinda agree with this. Seems like most special edition models are all the same packages and interior. How did the launch edition Gladiator go? I remember there were only 5 colors for that and 1 interior as well.
Don't forget they weren't even "First"

Sponsored

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I kinda agree with this. Seems like most special edition models are all the same packages and interior. How did the launch edition Gladiator go? I remember there were only 5 colors for that and 1 interior as well.
Because "first edition" are just made to get more people to buy the same thing, they aren't worth more than a regular fully loaded bronco, they are just a way to get people to pay more money so congratulations ya played ya self

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Because "first edition" are just made to get more people to buy the same thing, they aren't worth more than a regular fully loaded bronco, they are just a way to get people to pay more money so congratulations ya played ya self
I believe when most of us reserved a FE we truely thought it was going to be alot more special and unique than it's turned out to be. Ford also over sold them, so count went from 3500 to 7000. Limited interior choice (Navy Pier) and Limited colors have also been a big turn off for most of us. I think Ford really dropped the ball on the First Edition. What could of been something special is turning out to be a huge disappointment. Unless something unique shows up on Build and Price, I'll be switching to a Wildtrak.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I believe when most of us reserved a FE we truely thought it was going to be alot more special and unique than it's turned out to be. Ford also over sold them, so count went from 3500 to 7000. Limited interior choice (Navy Pier) and Limited colors have also been a big turn off for most of us. I think Ford really dropped the ball on the First Edition. What could of been something special is turning out to be a huge disappointment. Unless something unique shows up on Build and Price, I'll be switching to a Wildtrak.
I mean, the information has been available since day 1 that it's essentially Badlands+OBX+Wildtrak in limited colors (how limited edition models usually come). If you thought it was something else, that's on you ?

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I mean, the information has been available since day 1 that it's essentially Badlands+OBX+Wildtrak in limited colors (how limited edition models usually come). If you thought it was something else, that's on you ?
Day one of reservation, only 3500 units were being produced. A week later Ford decided to double production to 7000 units. Day one Ford stated on their website the FE would have a unique interior, basically it's a ugly blue leather that you can order as a option in a Outerbanks Model, so what's unique about that. Below is a pic of a "Unique interior" on Fords website. Most thought that would be going in a FE, only to find out it was a one off interior not available on any Model. The FE turns out to be something else that was originally advertised. And that is on Ford, not on me.
Screenshot_20201012-050423_Drive.jpg

images (42).jpeg

Last edited:

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Good cause like I said, they special, I mean it's called first edition, anytime I hear that i know it's instantly pointless thanks to the gladiator "first" edition
Sponsored