Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus and 71 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the prices in the survey are correct,
My loaded badlands without Sasquatch will be close to or more than a first edition.
I’m not sure if it really is that more expensive.
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you are just looking at it wrong. There’s only 7000 of the first editions being made. In my opinion, first editions are not about getting the bronco you want. They are about getting a limited edition collectors item. If that’s not what you want, then you should probably spec out one of the other trims and get it exactly how you want it.
I don’t think it will be much of a collectors item, because it has nothing unique at all...other than the interior. If it had some unique options, and a unique color that you could only get on FE, with them all in that color, then it would be much more valuable. Instead it is just a highly optioned Bronco.

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Count your blessings, the real First Edition Ford was only offered in one color...Black!?

Last edited:

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think you are just looking at it wrong. There’s only 7000 of the first editions being made. In my opinion, first editions are not about getting the bronco you want. They are about getting a limited edition collectors item. If that’s not what you want, then you should probably spec out one of the other trims and get it exactly how you want it.
I'd say you are lucky you even get a color choice at all. Many special editions are exactly as is. No choices.
I kinda agree with this. Seems like most special edition models are all the same packages and interior. How did the launch edition Gladiator go? I remember there were only 5 colors for that and 1 interior as well.
Don't bring facts into this discussion lol.

---

I'm glad some folks here seem to actually understand what a limited edition/numerically limited model is, and that it's not a trim level.

OP
OP
LabradorGuy

LabradorGuy

First Edition
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Free Company Car
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I don’t think it will be much of a collectors item, because it has nothing unique at all...other than the interior. If it had some unique options, and a unique color that you could only get on FE, with them all in that color, then it would be much more valuable. Instead it is just a highly optioned Bronco.
Ford Bronco First Edition - Why no unique color and LESS color choices 9CF92AAD-7CE6-4F1A-82F4-263BE6A4C3FE

I agree. A lot of folks thought there would be collector value with the limited # of 2016 Shelby GT350‘S....and paid WAY over MSRP/ADM. However, they all depreciate. Maybe in 20 years it will be some sort of a collector’s item? That is...If we aren’t all cruising around like the Jetsons?

Sponsored

evomind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All sorts of things
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
True.
I dont know if after 3 years they will command much more than a similarly optioned Bronco.
Even still with over 7000 produced we will see these hit the used market.
For true limited edition models check out a 2011/2012 Boxster Spyder and see how the value holds up.

Sammy7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My very first boss told me that you can sell literal crap if you package it correctly and this is a prime example. Ford slapped a sticker on it, told everyone it was “special”, and 7,000 people drank the Kool-Aid.

If the FE has everything you want, go ahead and get it. If a Badlands/Wildtrak/etc. suits you better, switch your reservation. You’re not going to miss out on anything.

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The FE to be truly exclusive would have to have something very desirable but only available in a limited edition trim.

Say, a manual available with the 2.7 developed only for the FE at considerable cost and with the cost passed on to the buyers. Such a truly unique edition is far more likely to not only retain its value and resale price but increase upon it.

A different sticker and a few superficial differences like exterior or interior colors are just that, superficial.

Todkavonic

First Edition
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW, Ducati, Guzzi, and the Jeep.
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My very first boss told me that you can sell literal crap if you package it correctly and this is a prime example. Ford slapped a sticker on it, told everyone it was “special”, and 7,000 people drank the Kool-Aid.

Ford Bronco First Edition - Why no unique color and LESS color choices 32AF9542-E5BB-4ED0-8DA9-D8A9B3FE5A8D

The kool-aid I drank tasted like me reserving a fully loaded vehicle. That it's a limited run is just icing on the metaphorical cake that I literally didn't bake. If it's not offered in an acceptable color combo or if à la carte options end up similarly priced with a preferable color combo, I'll "downgrade" (their word, not mine) my reservation.

Nate

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'd say you are lucky you even get a color choice at all. Many special editions are exactly as is. No choices.
This x100. It blows my mind more people don’t know this. I was surprised to see 4 color choices. Doesn’t mean I like the interior choice, so I’ll be switching my FE to a fully loaded Wildtrak. Some lucky guy will get to buy my FE on the lot with some serious ADM lol.

Sponsored

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This x100. It blows my mind more people don’t know this. I was surprised to see 4 color choices. Doesn’t mean I like the interior choice, so I’ll be switching my FE to a fully loaded Wildtrak. Some lucky guy will get to buy my FE on the lot with some serious ADM lol.
not really. If you don’t order a FE, it won’t come to the lot. Then, there will be 6999 remaining reservation Holders for a FE.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

not really. If you don’t order a FE, it won’t come to the lot. Then, there will be 6999 remaining reservation Holders for a FE.
No, guarantee they will build all 7000 FE. The unclaimed reservations will go to the dealer lots.

NonfatWombat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands 4-Door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For comparison, the 21MY Ram TRX Launch Edition comes in one color: Anvil.

Not an uncommon practice.

Cmeyers186

First Edition
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I disagree. At 65k, I want the Bronco that I want which is an FE in a color I like.