First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 BMW M3, 2018 F150, 2018 EA330SC
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What was so painful to watch? I didn't have a problem with it.
I was going to join Bronco Nation, and then I decided to look at their content first. I loved the first few videos talking about Bronco's and the people that drive them. The content with these younger folks is terrible. It looks like they just drove a Bronco up to a hill and did a review with no practice. Lots of umm....and hmmm....and unnecessary hand movements. The entire thing just seems unprofessional. These guys are the reason I decided against becoming a Bronco Nation member. When he started the video by saying how many holes are in the grille I immediately realized this thing was going to go downhill quickly. On one of the video's homeslice was wearing sweatpants. Showing up to work in sweatpants pretty much says "I don't care enough to be good at my job". I hope they read this review and they can get their act together. They have access to exclusive Bronco content there is no reason they shouldn't be getting subscriptions like mad. However, if I were FORD I would dismiss the entire team and start with a fresh group of folks that care about their job performance. The test engineers I spoke with in Borrego were much better spoken and knowledgeable about the product and the 'why' for the design. Maybe we should have those guys do the videos.
Sponsored

Jak

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How do we get confirmation on the darker MIC?
There are pictures of Broncos in the factory that have lighter tops.
Or is the darker top specific to the Wildtrak?

SD_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Hetal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 4Runner (Sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

warning I’m gonna rant here a little....

Hey Ford, got a novel idea for ya, how about having someone with a hint of passion and knowledge of off-roading that can connect with the fan base. Someone that can bring out the enthusiasm. This dude looks like he’s reading off a script written by just out of school mba’s who know jack shit about Broncos.

how about having one of the drivers or engineers that worked on this day and night to make it what it is.

Ford I love this product but come on man! Put the right people on camera to talk about this to excite the base.

......end of rant.
Ford Bronco First Edition & Wildtrak 4-Door Walkaround Videos and Q&A [Updated With Newest Video] 1613889177254

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was going to join Bronco Nation, and then I decided to look at their content first. I loved the first few videos talking about Bronco's and the people that drive them. The content with these younger folks is terrible. It looks like they just drove a Bronco up to a hill and did a review with no practice. Lots of umm....and hmmm....and unnecessary hand movements. The entire thing just seems unprofessional. These guys are the reason I decided against becoming a Bronco Nation member. When he started the video by saying how many holes are in the grille I immediately realized this thing was going to go downhill quickly. On one of the video's homeslice was wearing sweatpants. Showing up to work in sweatpants pretty much says "I don't care enough to be good at my job". I hope they read this review and they can get their act together. They have access to exclusive Bronco content there is no reason they shouldn't be getting subscriptions like mad. However, if I were FORD I would dismiss the entire team and start with a fresh group of folks that care about their job performance. The test engineers I spoke with in Borrego were much better spoken and knowledgeable about the product and the 'why' for the design. Maybe we should have those guys do the videos.
The BN approach is 100% by design and calculated.

They’re going for the Instagram TikTok YouTube aesthetic and vibe.

I agree, it’s not what I want, and certainly not what I’m going to pay for... but it’s calculated and the research they did probably supports it.

They’re appealing to all the late teens, early twenties who are used to consuming media that looks like this, probably to build brand loyalty and recognition. When that group of people has some disposable income they’ll aspire to own a Bronco... either big or sport.

Contrast this with Harley Davidson. They spent so many years ignoring the younger demographics and what happened? All those people grew up to buy Hondas and Suzukis and Kawasakis and HD as a brand is dying off at the same rate as the riders they have left.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford I love this product but come on man! Put the right people on camera to talk about this to excite the base.
yeah, I'm going to have to respectfully disagree here. Why excite the base? The base is your base. They're not going anywhere. They're likely trying to reach a different audience here.

Sponsored

ehssey

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport, Harley-Davidson Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The BN approach is 100% by design and calculated.

They’re going for the Instagram TikTok YouTube aesthetic and vibe.

I agree, it’s not what I want, and certainly not what I’m going to pay for... but it’s calculated and the research they did probably supports it.

They’re appealing to all the late teens, early twenties who are used to consuming media that looks like this, probably to build brand loyalty and recognition. When that group of people has some disposable income they’ll aspire to own a Bronco... either big or sport.

Contrast this with Harley Davidson. They spent so many years ignoring the younger demographics and what happened? All those people grew up to buy Hondas and Suzukis and Kawasakis and HD as a brand is dying off at the same rate as the riders they have left.
Absolutely this. Think about it for a second. I've read numerous posts aligning a white bronco to the OJ saga. Think of the median age of the person that understands this reference.

Now look at the style in which this content is put together. Its attempt is to appeal to a new market that doesn't know about OJ. It's about building brand recognition and creating loyalty within a group that would want a fun, open experience in a vehicle, while leaving the OJ generation to utilize it as an off-roader because they effectively understand the Bronco's capabilities beyond it just being a convertible truck.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Absolutely this. Think about it for a second. I've read numerous posts aligning a white bronco to the OJ saga. Think of the median age of the person that understands this reference.

Now look at the style in which this content is put together. Its attempt is to appeal to a new market that doesn't know about OJ. It's about building brand recognition and creating loyalty within a group that would want a fun, open experience in a vehicle, while leaving the OJ generation to utilize it as an off-roader because they effectively understand the Bronco's capabilities beyond it just being a convertible truck.
Absolutely. The harley Davidson comparison is apropos
I clued into their angle a while back. They're appealing to me, an older millennial who has zero attachment to Broncos of old but (mostly due to covid) has a renewed interest in the great out doors. I've never found trucks attractive and the only SUVs that grab my attention are tellurides or range rovers. I was pretty sure my next vehicle would have been a Tesla.

Then this sexy bish comes along promising it can take me places I've never been. As a soon to be 35 year old, the Bronco ticks all the boxes. There is a certain COOL factor about it. If they advertised towards just a certain aging demographic, this launch would be a failure

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This may be correct as that feature (the side tire view) has only been shown on a badlands and in Rock Crawl goat mode. So if WT doesn’t have that mode,maybe he’s right that the side tire view is not available on a WT. but I could be wrong.

Pic below of a BL. the yellow circled camera i believe is the side tire camera and the green circled camera on the outside pretty sure is the 360 view camera. I can’t seem to see or find this yellow/inner camera on a WT.

But, see edit way below...

624DAC9C-0DDA-4064-AF68-94F1A542310B.jpeg

Edit: someone posted this pic below of the AMB WildTrak Mike Levine was in and it shows the tire view on a WT so maybe BN was just wrong.

1656D51C-53E6-47A9-B7DC-742ED47DD9A0.jpeg
The yellow circle is the OAT (outside ambient temperature) sensor.

Go to the passenger side and I can guarantee you that it isn't there.
Sponsored