Reaction score
Website
www.evergreenclothier.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 Tiguan S w/4motion | '14 Fiesta SE Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So, we did it. We loaded the family and our luggage into our 2 door BaseSquatch and we left Cleveland for St. Louis. We stayed there for 6 days and returned home in one piece.

Packing the Bronco was a bit challenging. Before the 4 door brigade comes swooping down on me, let me explain - this is the first time Iā€™ve traveled for more than 2 hours and stayed somewhere that is not home with a 10 month old child. So when I say it was challenging, I mean I didnā€™t know what I needed for him to survive, so I guessed. But it ended up okay.

Another curveball was that my wife was still pumping so, not only did we have to transport a lot of breastmilk, she had to pump in the vehicle. But because of the roomy cabin, number of cup holders, and flat surfaces available for use, it was no trouble at all.

I planned out three 3 hour intervals from Cleveland to St. Louis partly to ensure the little human could stretch his legs and also based on my differential equations for calculating fuel economy, it seemed logical.

The ride out was great with a few delays for constructions and one for an accident. The short wheelbase at 70mph+ felt confident and smooth. Typically shorter wheelbase vehicles like to get squirrely but this was planted. The cloth seats did great for the duration of the trip and where I used to get a bit of a stiff back, I did not this time so that made vacay a lot better!

The window tint helped a lot with temperature management without the use of the A/C on max which possibly contributed so somewhat decent fuel economy. My lifetime average sits at 19.3 mpg in after about 2,200 miles of mixed driving.

I, very thankfully, did not have any mechanical issues. It was a flawless trip, the Bronco is a GREAT vehicle for road trips, it will definitely be superb for fishing trips, camping, overlanding, etc. I thought something got knocked loose while I was in Indiana, coming home, but realized the little plastic ring on my water bottle cap was the culprit. Only took me about 40 miles to figure it out.

The dreaded MIC topā€¦so I did have a small amount of water get blown into where the two front panels come together up against the windshield frame. It was a few drops and it was during a pretty biblical rain we got in St. Louis. Itā€™s also worth noting I parked it outside in the sun to bake in what was perhaps the hottest week of the year down there. Not only was it consistent highs in the upper 90s, the humidity was Amazonian level and the UV Index got up to 9-10 most days we were there. I did not get any shrinking, swelling, or snake skin appearing during the trip. But my dealer called and told me Iā€™m getting a new hardtop when they are available.

Here are a few photos for your enjoyment and dissection šŸ¤ 

Ford Bronco First Family Vacation with the Bronco - The Gateway to the West 70FA3304-04E6-4CD9-A824-118DCF7DCC6F

Lifetime mileage and fuel economy

Ford Bronco First Family Vacation with the Bronco - The Gateway to the West C73E5002-F235-4973-B435-4EC6E56F4DC8

Infant seat and a couple bags. Cool not present but is under the diaper bag. Itā€™s a smaller sized cooler, what I use for trout fishing to bring home the best ones.

Ford Bronco First Family Vacation with the Bronco - The Gateway to the West A868FD6F-E734-42D1-8B61-E50F5490703E

Fully loaded, got a Coleman backpack cooler behind my MR pack. The Coleman was filled with breast milk, not even beerā€¦.

Ford Bronco First Family Vacation with the Bronco - The Gateway to the West ED879612-C46E-41A4-8320-4472AD2EC635

a satisfied youngster who was a great travel companion and a good boy in the truck!

As always, Iā€™m happy to answer any questions for the B6G gang! Sorry about the hang ups for those that have not taken delivery. This is your reminder that itā€™s worth the wait.
Sponsored

Last edited:

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Glad you're our enjoying your Bronco!

Zeke013

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great kid pic! Thanks for the report.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Awesome! Sounds like a good trip. 2DR FTW!

Sponsored

Wamland

Outer Banks
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Loving this and reminding me of road trips with infants many years ago. Great review and it sounds like youā€™re doing it right. Hereā€™s to many more trips!

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Nice to hear that even the Sasquatch Bronco is a good cruiser. Were the 35s noisy at all?

-SG

Sponsored

AMBDBronco

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So, we did it. We loaded the family and our luggage into our 2 door BaseSquatch and we left Cleveland for St. Louis. We stayed there for 6 days and returned home in one piece.

Packing the Bronco was a bit challenging. Before the 4 door brigade comes swooping down on me, let me explain - this is the first time Iā€™ve traveled for more than 2 hours and stayed somewhere that is not home with a 10 month old child. So when I say it was challenging, I mean I didnā€™t know what I needed for him to survive, so I guessed. But it ended up okay.

Another curveball was that my wife was still pumping so, not only did we have to transport a lot of breastmilk, she had to pump in the vehicle. But because of the roomy cabin, number of cup holders, and flat surfaces available for use, it was no trouble at all.

I planned out three 3 hour intervals from Cleveland to St. Louis partly to ensure the little human could stretch his legs and also based on my differential equations for calculating fuel economy, it seemed logical.

The ride out was great with a few delays for constructions and one for an accident. The short wheelbase at 70mph+ felt confident and smooth. Typically shorter wheelbase vehicles like to get squirrely but this was planted. The cloth seats did great for the duration of the trip and where I used to get a bit of a stiff back, I did not this time so that made vacay a lot better!

The window tint helped a lot with temperature management without the use of the A/C on max which possibly contributed so somewhat decent fuel economy. My lifetime average sits at 19.3 mpg in after about 2,200 miles of mixed driving.

I, very thankfully, did not have any mechanical issues. It was a flawless trip, the Bronco is a GREAT vehicle for road trips, it will definitely be superb for fishing trips, camping, overlanding, etc. I thought something got knocked loose while I was in Indiana, coming home, but realized the little plastic ring on my water bottle cap was the culprit. Only took me about 40 miles to figure it out.

The dreaded MIC topā€¦so I did have a small amount of water get blown into where the two front panels come together up against the windshield frame. It was a few drops and it was during a pretty biblical rain we got in St. Louis. Itā€™s also worth noting I parked it outside in the sun to bake in what was perhaps the hottest week of the year down there. Not only was it consistent highs in the upper 90s, the humidity was Amazonian level and the UV Index got up to 9-10 most days we were there. I did not get any shrinking, swelling, or snake skin appearing during the trip. But my dealer called and told me Iā€™m getting a new hardtop when they are available.

Ford Bronco First Family Vacation with the Bronco - The Gateway to the West ED879612-C46E-41A4-8320-4472AD2EC635

Infant seat and a couple bags. Cool not present but is under the diaper bag. Itā€™s a smaller sized cooler, what I use for trout fishing to bring home the best ones.

Fully loaded, got a Coleman backpack cooler behind my MR pack. The Coleman was filled with breast milk, not even beerā€¦.

a satisfied youngster who was a great travel companion and a good boy in the truck!

As always, Iā€™m happy to answer any questions for the B6G gang! Sorry about the hang ups for those that have not taken delivery. This is your reminder that itā€™s worth the wait.
This is what I'm talking about!

Ciscollector

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 F250 Highboy; 2000 LX470; 2017 JK
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I miss those days! Great job on the trip and thanks for the summary.

Rpowell91

Badlands
First Name
Royce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How was it getting the carseat getting in and out of the 2 door? I want the two door and my wife is worried are daughter will be a hassle getting in and out

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for posting. It has been a long time since I took a trip with a 10 month old. In spite of the hassles I would love to go back in time and would do it again in a minute. Don't blink, the kid will be in college before you know it. Cherish the time it goes by way too fast.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Thank you for sharing, it sounds like it was an amazing trip! We love seeing people getting the most out of their Broncos.
Sponsored