Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Pete, are you sure this happened? We’ve been told many times over and over that it will be impossible to travel using a 2 door. Especially with a child in back with no doors to get them in!

My kids grew up getting in and out of Mustangs, Camaro’s and other various 2 door vehicles. I’m pretty sure the trunks were smaller than the Bronco. We took the Mustang from Chicago to Yellowstone with a one year old. Even lived to talk about it!

Thanks for the refreshing feedback and restoring the faith that a 2 door isn’t only for single people without kids or a life.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BronchoPeat

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.evergreenclothier.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 Tiguan S w/4motion | '14 Fiesta SE Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You sound like such a nice, rational, calm person. I wish you were my neighbor.
I don’t know that I’ve done anything to deserve such a great compliment but I appreciate that!

We are looking to move so if you have a hook up on an off market deal, I’d gladly be your neighbor.

OP
OP
BronchoPeat

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Pete, are you sure this happened? We’ve been told many times over and over that it will be impossible to travel using a 2 door. Especially with a child in back with no doors to get them in!

My kids grew up getting in and out of Mustangs, Camero’s and other various 2 door vehicles. I’m pretty sure the trunks were smaller than the Bronco. We took the Mustang from Chicago to Yellowstone with a one year old. Even lived to talk about it!

Thanks for the refreshing feedback and restoring the faith that a 2 door isn’t only for single people without kids or a life.
Now that you mention it, it could have been a dream. A wildly vivid, and enjoyable dream.

That sounds like a great trip! That must have been a cool experience to take that trip in a pony car! I’m glad everyone lived to tell the story 🤠

More doors doesn’t always equal more space. I can tell you that if I had to choose between our Bronco or our Fiesta Hatchback, I’d pick the Bronco almost every time.

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You da man! Newborn baby. Heck with it. You want a 2 door. You got a 2 door. And with the Sasquatch!

BTW, your kid is super cute.

Ford needs to redesign that gauge cluster though. It makes no sense. Give us the analog tach in lieu of the speedo. Give us a simple digital speed readout. And then use the remainder of that real estate for other stuff.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BronchoPeat

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You da man! Newborn baby. Heck with it. You want a 2 door. You got a 2 door. And with the Sasquatch!

BTW, your kid is super cute.

Ford needs to redesign that gauge cluster though. It makes no sense. Give us the analog tach in lieu of the speedo. Give us a simple digital speed readout. And then use the remainder of that real estate for other stuff.
Thank you! We’ll keep him around for a little longer haha!

I agree, the cluster is a cluster F! I still get tripped up if I’m looking for info that isn’t my current speed.

Ruggles

Big Bend
First Name
Lindsay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 XJ Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Whoa, your Focus is a workhorse! 😂 Mine is a blue hatchback, 2012, that has an easy commute life (80k miles). I should push it harder and make it earn its keep!
For trips we use wifey's Acura RDX, though.
I LOVE my Focus, it's a 2014 and I bought it in 2017 with 23k miles. I'm at 90k now and the only issue I've had was a failed purge valve. It was dirt cheap, has heater leather and a 5 speed manual. I bought the only one I could find and have no regrets. I intended to keep it indefinitely but when I saw the Bronco was ACTUALLY REAL I had to place an order! I great up in my parent's '85 Bronco, I have always loved them, I used to day dream about getting my own one day. We had a '93 for a couple years but it needed too much work. The Bronco is the only thing I will replace my Focus with, and I am a little bit sad about it. Hoping I can sell it to my nephew maybe so it stays in the family. Oh and my small family is made up mostly of large males, my husband is 6'3 and my 9 year old is almost as tall as me, we need more leg room than the Focus offers lol

Olym435

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I' m glad to hear that you enjoyed the new truck spending quality time with family.

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Enjoy those road trips with the little ones…. Time flies. We will be down to one left at home next month; so borrowing grandchildren for trips is a blessing!

Benzito

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
C73E5002-F235-4973-B435-4EC6E56F4DC8.jpeg

Infant seat and a couple bags. Cool not present but is under the diaper bag. It’s a smaller sized cooler, what I use for trout fishing to bring home the best ones.

Heck, you had it easy . . . this was me 14 years ago in a different two-door Ford.

Ford Bronco First Family Vacation with the Bronco - The Gateway to the West August 28, 2007 009

Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congratulations on everything... especially the time you’re sharing with your family.

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
So, we did it. We loaded the family and our luggage into our 2 door BaseSquatch and we left Cleveland for St. Louis. We stayed there for 6 days and returned home in one piece.

Packing the Bronco was a bit challenging. Before the 4 door brigade comes swooping down on me, let me explain - this is the first time I’ve traveled for more than 2 hours and stayed somewhere that is not home with a 10 month old child. So when I say it was challenging, I mean I didn’t know what I needed for him to survive, so I guessed. But it ended up okay.

Another curveball was that my wife was still pumping so, not only did we have to transport a lot of breastmilk, she had to pump in the vehicle. But because of the roomy cabin, number of cup holders, and flat surfaces available for use, it was no trouble at all.

I planned out three 3 hour intervals from Cleveland to St. Louis partly to ensure the little human could stretch his legs and also based on my differential equations for calculating fuel economy, it seemed logical.

The ride out was great with a few delays for constructions and one for an accident. The short wheelbase at 70mph+ felt confident and smooth. Typically shorter wheelbase vehicles like to get squirrely but this was planted. The cloth seats did great for the duration of the trip and where I used to get a bit of a stiff back, I did not this time so that made vacay a lot better!

The window tint helped a lot with temperature management without the use of the A/C on max which possibly contributed so somewhat decent fuel economy. My lifetime average sits at 19.3 mpg in after about 2,200 miles of mixed driving.

I, very thankfully, did not have any mechanical issues. It was a flawless trip, the Bronco is a GREAT vehicle for road trips, it will definitely be superb for fishing trips, camping, overlanding, etc. I thought something got knocked loose while I was in Indiana, coming home, but realized the little plastic ring on my water bottle cap was the culprit. Only took me about 40 miles to figure it out.

The dreaded MIC top…so I did have a small amount of water get blown into where the two front panels come together up against the windshield frame. It was a few drops and it was during a pretty biblical rain we got in St. Louis. It’s also worth noting I parked it outside in the sun to bake in what was perhaps the hottest week of the year down there. Not only was it consistent highs in the upper 90s, the humidity was Amazonian level and the UV Index got up to 9-10 most days we were there. I did not get any shrinking, swelling, or snake skin appearing during the trip. But my dealer called and told me I’m getting a new hardtop when they are available.

Here are a few photos for your enjoyment and dissection 🤠

Ford Bronco First Family Vacation with the Bronco - The Gateway to the West August 28, 2007 009

Lifetime mileage and fuel economy

Infant seat and a couple bags. Cool not present but is under the diaper bag. It’s a smaller sized cooler, what I use for trout fishing to bring home the best ones.

Fully loaded, got a Coleman backpack cooler behind my MR pack. The Coleman was filled with breast milk, not even beer….

a satisfied youngster who was a great travel companion and a good boy in the truck!

As always, I’m happy to answer any questions for the B6G gang! Sorry about the hang ups for those that have not taken delivery. This is your reminder that it’s worth the wait.
Your baby is adorable!!! And I'm happy you had a great trip too, but that baby.....

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2Dr and you made it work. The good thing is that it will force you to pack lighter. Sometimes having more room results in bringing a bunch of stuff you don't need. We've always road tripped in a 5-7 seater because we have 3 kids and a dog. I'm a big fan of the rear racks that attach to the tow hitch. We would put the dog kennel back there (dog in the vehicle of course :)
Sponsored