First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gmc
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You picked to wrong time of year to come here. I HATE August heat and humidity in the St. Louis area.

Cpc101

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several Subarus and one old Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is great! Love the real world info!

The debate still rages on here over 2D/4D. I really prefer the 2D, but am challenged with "What about the grandkids?" There are no grandkids! Not even a sparkle in someone's eye! I'm sure by the time one comes along well get a second one with 4D. 🤣

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome write up. Glad to see the whole family is enjoying the Bronco. Looks like a similar trip we had with our then 9 month old son 31 years ago in a Bronco II.

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Keep living the dream. Stories like this will help me weather the long upcoming winter.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BronchoPeat

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.evergreenclothier.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 Tiguan S w/4motion | '14 Fiesta SE Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nice to hear that even the Sasquatch Bronco is a good cruiser. Were the 35s noisy at all?

-SG
The 35s are exceptionally quiet, it boggles my mind. There were numerous times that another SUV with 35s and 37s pulled up along side us to check out the Bronco and the road noise on the other vehicle was always very distinct. Now, I’m not saying they’re the most quiet tire in the universe but for what they are and their capabilities, their extremely quiet.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Oh brother, I'm so jealous. :) Stories like this keep me hanging on. I'm happy to hear you, and the family are enjoying your new Bronco.

OP
OP
BronchoPeat

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Any concerns or regertz with the 2.3?
None whatsoever. We passed the 1,000 mile break in during the trip so when we were tooling around, I gave it the juice a few times because the little one gets a kick out of it. The 2.3 has guts, even in normal driving mode.

OP
OP
BronchoPeat

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How was it getting the carseat getting in and out of the 2 door? I want the two door and my wife is worried are daughter will be a hassle getting in and out
It’s not bad, I used the larger of our two seats and even that wasn’t an issue. I’ve gotten very used to the process over the past month and a half.

My recommendation is the Chicco Keyfit 30. It’s compact in size, very safe, and super comfortable. Out of all the car seats we have, the Chicco is my favorite!

OP
OP
BronchoPeat

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for posting. It has been a long time since I took a trip with a 10 month old. In spite of the hassles I would love to go back in time and would do it again in a minute. Don't blink, the kid will be in college before you know it. Cherish the time it goes by way too fast.
I don’t blame you! Even the hassles are worth it when you see your kid having a blast. I am constantly reminding myself that time will vanish and have been focusing on savoring all the moments I can.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BronchoPeat

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You picked to wrong time of year to come here. I HATE August heat and humidity in the St. Louis area.
It was a scorcher that’s for sure but in all seriousness, it’s not far off from an august in Cleveland. We got on the Mississippi on Wednesday and it was pretty nice on the water but yeah I was wringing my shirt out a couple times a day 😂

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Excellent write-up. Exactly the familial position I'm in, I just need my 2D basesquatch! Do you have a picture of yours you can share?

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It’s not bad, I used the larger of our two seats and even that wasn’t an issue. I’ve gotten very used to the process over the past month and a half.

My recommendation is the Chicco Keyfit 30. It’s compact in size, very safe, and super comfortable. Out of all the car seats we have, the Chicco is my favorite!
Our Keyfit was great too apart from the carrying position your arm has to be in. Friends of ours had one with a triangle at the top of the handle and their arms could be in a much more relaxed position.

Glad to see you could carry all the junk needed for a little one in a 2 door!

nomnom

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

glad you're out there having fun! Looking forward to my basesquatch. i reserved in the first 24h and no build date, hopefully soon.
Sponsored