bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well this is kind of cool to see. I didn't pay any attention to the sport when it came out. So this thing is like the mach-e of the Bronco world eh? The one toothed red headed muggle step-child that Ford raised from leftover pieces of Escape. Like, a few 2.3l ecoboost engines were getting frisky with each other and after a couple of generations of festering inbreeding, this 1.5l three cylinder thing came crawling out.

If you can squatch em and throw some 35s on them sumabitches, I have no complaints.

icavedin

Base
First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 4runner, '91 318iS, '07 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nothin’ but love for the Bronco Sport.
Anybody who talks down on their potential may not be remembering the old Suzuki Jimnys w/ their two-stroke 550cc motors. Those little utes were/are capable of plenty, just like this baby Bronco.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BE_

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 jeep cherokee, piece of junk Korean car
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

from what i have heard and seen, the escape is a reliability and repair nightmare. i really want to like this baby bronco, but i cant

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

from what i have heard and seen, the escape is a reliability and repair nightmare. i really want to like this baby bronco, but i cant
Interesting info, thank you. I'm keeping an eye on the Sport for my wife. Looking at the Consumer Reports Reliability history I can see many problem areas that dragged on for a number of years. However, by MY18 and MY19 it is looks like most of those issues were addressed. This looks encouraging for Bronco Sport in that the baseline seems relatively problem free for the latest years. I don't bleed Ford Blue and I'm not brand loyal, I buy what fits the needs and we like at the time, so I'm still cautiously optimistic to keep my eye on the Sport for the first couple of model years to see how it turns out.

Ford Bronco First footage of the Bronco SPORT crawling Ford Escape Consumer Reports

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Nothin’ but love for the Bronco Sport.
Anybody who talks down on their potential may not be remembering the old Suzuki Jimnys w/ their two-stroke 550cc motors. Those little utes were/are capable of plenty, just like this baby Bronco.
The current version of the Jimny comes with a 658cc turbo 3-cylinder that makes 64 horsepower, and you can get it with a 1.5L 4-cylinder that makes a whopping 100.5 HP and 101.8 lb.-ft. of torque.

And, the Jimny is still body on frame construction.

If the 1.5L version of the 2018-current Jimny was available in the US, I wouldn't even be shopping for a Bronco.

jimmy234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m actually kinda impressed. That thing could probably do 99.9% of what I’m gonna realistically throw at my Bronco ?
Lol I had that exact same thought! But after having my JL I just need to have something with removable roof and doors, it's such an awesome experience. But otherwise I'd be seriously looking at a Sport (and saving like 10k haha).
Sponsored