Sponsored

First full uncovered look at Maverick Pickup --- in Area 51!

Dlerojo

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The funny thing is this will probably be more of a collector item than the Bronco. It doesn’t have much purpose and will likely only be around for a couple years.
Sponsored

CaliforniaBurrito

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A51 looks horrible on that thing. It looks like something barney would drive.

Now I'm even questioning it on the bronco. I think it works better on the bronco though because of contrast with the MIC top, fenders, etc.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If nobody cared about small trucks why do I see so many old Rangers on the road? Ford dropped the Ranger because they didn’t have the resources to manage all the vehicles they were building. They had ignored the Ranger for years by refusing to update it. Nissan and Toyota decided they needed to compete with the Dakota and up-sIzed their trucks but there was still a market for small trucks that everybody was ignoring. It’s like the van market. ‘Everybody’ was saying there was no market for small vans when Ford brought out the Transit Connect. It sells well because there IS a market. I think we’ll see the same thing here.
Drive around many construction sites, and you don't see as many trucks. Hvac, electricians, plumbers, maintenance crews, painters etc etc don't drive Trucks like they used too. "Trucks" have gotten too expensive, too tall (nearly impossible reach over the rails and reach anything), too bougie with more luxury than functionality. The truck, as it is built and sold today, is not a tool.

I have a transit connect and I love it. I can haul whatever I need, I can fit two pallets, lengthwise in the back, with the doors closed. It is easier to access my stuff with two side doors and the back doors, so no hopping into the bed or lifting something heavy from a position that might cause an injury. Oh, it was brand new for $19k.

This is the Maverick market. A fleet vehicle that a weekend warrior will purchase. Somebody who needs the functionality of a truck, but doesn't want to spend $35k-$50k+ to haul materials from the hardware store.

Sponsored

snoopcat

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Ford Mustang, Mazda CX5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I actually like the truck and think they will sell. This will fit in my garage. It will be easy for my wife to drive around town when I use her car for long trips. Not easy navigating a big truck in cities and parking lots. It is also about the size of my old 93 Ranger Truck that I
loved. All for about 23K. Nice!

it is not for families as it is not big enough. But younger people and empty nester guys like me will like it.

Last edited:

Panaran

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Doesn't really do much for me at all. It's kinda cool, but overall, eh.

LARELL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

i had to look up the maverick next to the ranger, because just the picture of it by its self it doesnt look that small. i think its the size is what my husband would want. he really wanted the smaller version of the Ranger but they are hard to find. he gave up on trying to get a pickup, everything even the current ranger is larger than he wanted. if we weren't going all in on the Bronco he'd probably get the maverick. idk i don't like the look of it, the size i like though. maybe it would be better if it wasnt a double cab, also i dont see the appeal of a truck with such a short bed. at least the old rangers had a longer bed.

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I keep thinking of pest control companies. My guy just bought 5 Nissan Frontiers for his fleet. He doesn't need that size, but it is what the market provides. He has a rack to hold a ladder on each and the poison/dust/tanks in the bed. If this was available, he likely would have bought 4 for his employees and kept the 1 Frontier for himself (he likes the leather and appointed interior). He would have saved a ton of money and still able to provide work trucks for his employees to tote their poison.
Yup and add in pool guys. When I lived in Fl and SC, every single pool guy was driving reg cab 2wd rangers. When fuel costs cut directly into your profits, every mpg counts.

Rumor was that there was also going to be a 2dr version of the maverick, but it got axed. Probably would have killed it with fleet sales...
Sponsored