First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So didn’t want to be in this group but is what it is. The first occurrence I chalked it up to a fluke but it happened again in the identical way so clearly not a fluke. Let me premise with the model I have; Badlands with 2.7 and 290 miles on the Odometer. So twice now at a stop light after waiting to turn (waiting longer then 30 seconds), start/stop disengaged and the engine completely cut out. Instinctively you take your foot on and off the brakes hoping start/stop re-engages but nothing happens. I’ll get a message on the dash that says manual start required. I had to hit okay on the steering wheel, shift it into park, turn off the car power and then turn it back on, shift back into drive before being able to drive off.

So again, twice it’s happened now. I called a nearby Ford and made an appointment. Other issue I’ve had is the stupid wireless charger not working but that issue I haven’t cared much about. This one I’d like to have diagnosed and fixed. I hate start/stop feature already.
Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So didn’t want to be in this group but is what it is. The first occurrence I chalked it up to a fluke but it happened again in the identical way so clearly not a fluke. Let me premise with the model I have; Badlands with 2.7 and 290 miles on the Odometer. So twice now at a stop light after waiting to turn (waiting longer then 30 seconds), start/stop disengaged and the engine completely cut out. Instinctively you take your foot on and off the brakes hoping start/stop re-engages but nothing happens. I’ll get a message on the dash that says manual start required. I had to hit okay on the steering wheel, shift it into park, turn off the car power and then turn it back on, shift back into drive before being able to drive off.

So again, twice it’s happened now. I called a nearby Ford and made an appointment. Other issue I’ve had is the stupid wireless charger not working but that issue I haven’t cared much about. This one I’d like to have diagnosed and fixed. I hate start/stop feature already.
You can disable the auto start stop just hit the button on the dash

RMST09

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands 2.3 - Same issue. I have 1000 miles and it’s happened 4-5 times. I get a hill assist unavailable error message. I’ve been turning off the start/stop feature. It hasn’t happened when that is turned off.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OP
OP
Oceannomad

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
Oceannomad

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands 2.3 - Same issue. I have 1000 miles and it’s happened 4-5 times. I get a hill assist unavailable error message. I’ve been turning off the start/stop feature. It hasn’t happened when that is turned off.
Ditto.
Sponsored