Sponsored

FIRST HAND IMPRESSIONS: BRONCO CEL EAST.

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was one of the first people on the 2021 Bronco field, Wednesday. I was there before the ropes were put around the vehicles. I was thrilled to see the 2 door Badlands (my reservation) in the flesh. I was also disappointed to not see a new Bronco added to the mix, however, I would soon learn that a previously unseen Bronco would be unvieled later that morning.

Before I share my impressions, let me say I am not a photographer, mechanic, engineer, or nearly as savvy as most of the people reading this post. I just simply want to add to the knowledge and information every Bronco lover craves as best I can. Please take this report for what it is, just my thoughts and opinion. Here we go..........
There is no substitute for seeing the Bronco in person. My 10 hour drive was worth it. I could see how I could fit inside and see materials (plastic, leather, etc...).

The Ford representatives were very friendly and helpful. They allowed you to do everything but sit in the driver’s seat.

The backseat in the 2 door is impractical and useless, so if you need all four seats, well you know the rest of the story.

If you like the Bronco in pics, you will love it in person.

The 33’s look good on the 2 door, but I’m still going Squatch. I saw the 35’s on the 4 door later in the day and it looked awesome!

The painted black top on the 2 door looks even better than you think. The MIC on the 4 door A51, looks better than you think it does.
You can certainly find faults if you want find them (some of the interior plastic looks cheap), but Bronco isn’t trying to be a luxury vehicle, it is first and foremost, an off-road vehicle.

There are many items and corrections that will be addressed in future model years, you can tell from talking to the engineers.

There is a lot of confusion and misinformation at these events, even among the Ford representatives. One Ford rep will say one thing and another will say just the opposite. I think they are being honest, but they just don’t know, or are guessing.

Seeing the paint gas cans in person is very helpful. Cactus Gray does, at times have a green hue when other colors are around it. Otherwise it looks like concrete gray. Velocity Blue is noticeably brighter than Lightning Blue. LB is stunning in person, but only available to FE people ? AMB is REALLY dark and even in sunlight only shows light blue flecks. A51 looks so much better on the Bronco than the gas can. I heard a number of people commit to A51 once we saw how awesome it looked on the 4 door.

I am getting the 2 door, but after seeing the 4 door and if I had young kids, I could live with the 4 door. It really looks incredible, especially with the squatch package.
The 4 door was a BL, with the Marine vinyl seats. They look like leather and feel tremendous. I was allowed to touch the seats and inspect them. I was going to upgrade to leather, but after seeing the Marine grade vinyl in the flesh, I going with vinyl.

The 4 door has spacious room. It will be ideal for camping. A modular system allows for a miniature stove and fridge in the back. These are squatch tires (on 4 door) with non-factory wheels.
Ford Bronco FIRST HAND IMPRESSIONS: BRONCO CEL EAST. 00E0476A-9C17-471B-809E-F647F62E9574
Ford Bronco FIRST HAND IMPRESSIONS: BRONCO CEL EAST. F3FDAA7F-179B-4DF7-99C8-E3A7BEF0BB5B
Above-Marine grade vinyl on 4 door.
Ford Bronco FIRST HAND IMPRESSIONS: BRONCO CEL EAST. 2AC8C038-D544-419C-A258-5D0012E1D903
Above-Easter Egg: Bronco symbol on side of winch (2 door). 4 door did not have it on its winch.
Ford Bronco FIRST HAND IMPRESSIONS: BRONCO CEL EAST. 4A0B4915-4306-49A8-895C-D7C557105857
Lastly, above-This is the view from an excellent steakhouse in nearby Gatlinburg called, Peddler’s Steakhouse. It is really good and you need to make reservations. The little lady will feel special and by doing so, you might be able to get a few upgrades to your new Bronco. I also hedged my bet by taking her to Zales before supper ?. I had really great time, although I was only there on opening day. Hope I have shed a little sunshine for someone!
Sponsored

Last edited:

porjos

Black Diamond
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I see a recurring theme with a lot of these "in-person" accounts of the Bronco. I, like everyone here, is obsessing over every detail...which can be unhealthy and lead to blowing up over small details that ultimately don't matter. So it's awesome and refreshing to hear that's it's all the more amazing to see it in person.

Excellent write up, good sir.

Last edited:

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you! First hand observations are much better than assumptions.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks very much for sharing your observations, they are very helpful-except for the paint color to choose. Give me a year or two and I will figure it out........I think.

Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
the Marine vinyl seats. They look like leather and feel tremendous. I was allowed to touch the seats and inspect them. I was going to upgrade to leather, but after seeing the Marine grade vinyl in the flesh, I going with vinyl.
Yeah buddy!

OP
OP
Last Ride Bronco

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I see a recurring theme with a lot of these "in-person" accounts of the Bronco. I, like everyone here, is obsessing over every detail...which can be unhealthy and lead to blowing up over small details that ultimately don't matter. So it's awesome and refreshing to hear that's it's all the more amazing to see it in person.

Excellent write up good sir.
Thank you

Lanman12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Swede
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good write up, I’m getting a 2door as well but I’m not sure the statement “the rear seats are impractical” is 100% true

Sponsored

Yolobaggins

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I keep seeing how good A51 is in person vs online but I can't see it :(

Any other colors that looked better/worse in person?

Figment

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mainly being able to mix and match colors, seat movement (especially affecting rear cargo area) and mating stick with V6.
Thanks for the response. Just wanted to make sure there weren’t deal breakers for me from your perspective. (But I’m gonna be so jealous the first time I see a white top on a Bronco that isn’t mine. Guess I need to save my pennies for the paint shop.)

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nice write up. I agree on 2 door backseat access. My 2007 Scion Tc had about the same access. These are medium size vehicles but the 33 & 35 made them seem much larger. I did not see A51 during the covered unveiling, but in the midday sun, it was a standout- true to the EB’s of old. LB is rich looking- well fitted for FE. While CO is not my color, it looks better in person. AM is super dark even in direct sun. In fairness it’s only a small can. The panel stamping can only be appreciated in person. They look crisp and refined. Mixed with the right stripping and they will be more enhanced. Make no mistake, drop the roof rack change to small tires and I think the look may seem plain. I think this is were some well placed stripped will make your Bronco pop. Overall, Dam this is a cool capable truck.

OP
OP
Last Ride Bronco

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good write up, I’m getting a 2door as well but I’m not sure the statement “the rear seats are impractical” is 100% true
I guess it depends on the person. The Ford rep demonstrated the driver’s side and I think a 10 year old would be challenged to get in. The passenger side may be another matter. I have had vehicles where everyone had to get into back on the passenger side. The back seat leg room reminded me of the Mustang. I didn’t investigate too much because mine will be used strictly as a two seater.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
So before I went I compared the backseat dimensions to 2 door cars I own. It helped me understand the size. It looked like my Scion Tc with more head room. A Video of passenger side access would help.
Sponsored