Sponsored

FIRST HAND IMPRESSIONS: BRONCO CEL EAST.

messymatter

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks. While in this thread, last I checked there were not any photos of the carbonized gray in person. Have those ever come out? Has anyone seen a carbonized gray outside of the image renders on the Ford website?

I'm hoping that the Carbonized Gray is similar to the Jeep Wrangler's Metallic color. That dark metal like gray that looks great with black (ie the wheels, hard top, etc).
Ford Bronco FIRST HAND IMPRESSIONS: BRONCO CEL EAST. PXL_20201008_144233259

Carbonized grey between cyber orange and area 51 in direct mid morning sun taken earlier today

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

far left is carbonized gray
Ford Bronco FIRST HAND IMPRESSIONS: BRONCO CEL EAST. C57BC14C-D629-4E76-A6B4-3E30150F4C35
Thanks. While in this thread, last I checked there were not any photos of the carbonized gray in person. Have those ever come out? Has anyone seen a carbonized gray outside of the image renders on the Ford website?

I'm hoping that the Carbonized Gray is similar to the Jeep Wrangler's Metallic color. That dark metal like gray that looks great with black (ie the wheels, hard top, etc).

CT-Man

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Multiple
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford Bronco FIRST HAND IMPRESSIONS: BRONCO CEL EAST. C57BC14C-D629-4E76-A6B4-3E30150F4C35

Carbonized grey between cyber orange and area 51 in direct mid morning sun taken earlier today
Lol its so hard to tell if thats good or not. I think it looks metallic? I was googling Carbonized Gray Bronco and some of the images look very light gray... just bizarre looking. But again, I have YET to see a Bronco test vehicle or whatever in Carbonized Gray.

messymatter

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Lol its so hard to tell if thats good or not. I think it looks metallic? I was googling Carbonized Gray Bronco and some of the images look very light gray... just bizarre looking. But again, I have YET to see a Bronco test vehicle or whatever in Carbonized Gray.
It did have metal flake in it, I believe. The iconic silver, AMB, and velocity blue definitely had metal flake. I wish I could see AMB on a bronco and not on a gas can

Sponsored

nmt77

Badlands
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was one of the first people on the 2021 Bronco field, Wednesday. I was there before the ropes were put around the vehicles. I was thrilled to see the 2 door Badlands (my reservation) in the flesh. I was also disappointed to not see a new Bronco added to the mix, however, I would soon learn that a previously unseen Bronco would be unvieled later that morning.

Before I share my impressions, let me say I am not a photographer, mechanic, engineer, or nearly as savvy as most of the people reading this post. I just simply want to add to the knowledge and information every Bronco lover craves as best I can. Please take this report for what it is, just my thoughts and opinion. Here we go..........
There is no substitute for seeing the Bronco in person. My 10 hour drive was worth it. I could see how I could fit inside and see materials (plastic, leather, etc...).

The Ford representatives were very friendly and helpful. They allowed you to do everything but sit in the driver’s seat.

The backseat in the 2 door is impractical and useless, so if you need all four seats, well you know the rest of the story.

If you like the Bronco in pics, you will love it in person.

The 33’s look good on the 2 door, but I’m still going Squatch. I saw the 35’s on the 4 door later in the day and it looked awesome!

The painted black top on the 2 door looks even better than you think. The MIC on the 4 door A51, looks better than you think it does.
You can certainly find faults if you want find them (some of the interior plastic looks cheap), but Bronco isn’t trying to be a luxury vehicle, it is first and foremost, an off-road vehicle.

There are many items and corrections that will be addressed in future model years, you can tell from talking to the engineers.

There is a lot of confusion and misinformation at these events, even among the Ford representatives. One Ford rep will say one thing and another will say just the opposite. I think they are being honest, but they just don’t know, or are guessing.

Seeing the paint gas cans in person is very helpful. Cactus Gray does, at times have a green hue when other colors are around it. Otherwise it looks like concrete gray. Velocity Blue is noticeably brighter than Lightning Blue. LB is stunning in person, but only available to FE people ? AMB is REALLY dark and even in sunlight only shows light blue flecks. A51 looks so much better on the Bronco than the gas can. I heard a number of people commit to A51 once we saw how awesome it looked on the 4 door.

I am getting the 2 door, but after seeing the 4 door and if I had young kids, I could live with the 4 door. It really looks incredible, especially with the squatch package.
The 4 door was a BL, with the Marine vinyl seats. They look like leather and feet tremendous. I was allowed to touch the seats and inspect them. I was going to upgrade to leather, but after seeing the Marine grade vinyl in the flesh, I going with vinyl.

The 4 door has spacious room. It will be ideal for camping. A modular system allows for a miniature stove and fridge in the back. These are squatch tires (on 4 door) with non-factory wheels.
Above-Marine grade vinyl on 4 door.
Above-Easter Egg: Bronco symbol on side of winch (2 door). 4 door did not have it on its winch.
Lastly, above-This is the view from an excellent steakhouse in nearby Gatlinburg called, Peddler’s Steakhouse. It is really good and you need to make reservations. The little lady will feel special and by doing so, you might be able to get a few upgrades to your new Bronco. I also hedged my bet by taking her to Zales before supper ?. I had really great time, although I was only there on opening day. Hope I have shed a little sunshine for someone!
Thanks for sharing this was helpful to read I wonder also about the marine interior versus leather. I wonder about the longevity of the marine vinyl specifically cracking fading I wonder if that will be an issue down the road?
I have never owned an off-road vehicle and I hate to admit it will be driven as a daily driver and highways to meetings as well as some beach drives and hills in my future but I think I might be persuaded to the BD Sasquatch Pkg now after reading your post!

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That is correct ...
Do we know yet if this can be done on all models without Squatch/a lift, or only on Badlands, Wildtrack and FE? If i can put 35's on the BD i will forgo Squatching it.

steevenk

Black Diamond
First Name
kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 AWD Astro, '90 G20 Van, '14 Subaru Forester XT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mainly being able to mix and match colors, seat movement (especially affecting rear cargo area) and mating stick with V6.
How has this not broke the site yet?

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The carbonized gray is very close to magnetic metallic Ford color for comparison. Great color on my 2016 Focus ST.

Sponsored

messymatter

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It seems people are saying the Antimatter Blue is darker than it looks online. Nearly black with streaks of blue in the right light. The computer colored images seem to make it look lighter than it really is. I'm torn between Velocity Blue, Area 51, and Cyber Orange. I though I wanted Orange, then went to Blue, but now the more I see A51 I'm thinking it's the best. I may just have to flip a coin. A three-sided coin.
Velocity blue reminds me of the Bigfoot monster truck's paint--very retro with metal flake. I think it will look best on a 2 dr, in my opinion

OP
OP
Last Ride Bronco

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

I only saw the Carbonized Gray on the gas can, but it looked much darker than I thought it would. I think it is a rich gray for those that like gray. It might actually look the best with the MIC top.

Techqua

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not sure people are appreciating how small the 2 door is. It's 174.8" long WITH the tire mounted. For reference, that .2" shorter than a 2008 Honda Civic coupe. The 2018 Focus sedan is nearly 4" longer (178.5") than the Bronco 2 door.
Exactly. My Prius is longer than the 2 door. Shocking when I first compared dimensions.

GiddyUp

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Do we know yet if this can be done on all models without Squatch/a lift, or only on Badlands, Wildtrack and FE? If i can put 35's on the BD i will forgo Squatching it.
I personally haven't heard yet, and not sure if other things were modified on that Overlander by Ford. So grain of salt there. Granger said they will let me know what can be done once they receive all the info from Ford. Sorry I don't have any other info ....

Firefly

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F250 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for sharing this was helpful to read I wonder also about the marine interior versus leather. I wonder about the longevity of the marine vinyl specifically cracking fading I wonder if that will be an issue down the road?
I have never owned an off-road vehicle and I hate to admit it will be driven as a daily driver and highways to meetings as well as some beach drives and hills in my future but I think I might be persuaded to the BD Sasquatch Pkg now after reading your post!
Marine grade vinyl generally is twice as UV resistant as automotive fabric. That's part of why I want it, since I'll likely have the top off for 6-8 months of the year. It is also antimicrobial and mold resistant.
Sponsored