Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Door Basesquatch, Corvette C7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The spec. of my bronco is a Black Base 4 door bronco 2.3L engine with only two packages, sasquatch package and auxiliary switches. No other extra features. And for what it is, I can genuinely say I am most definitely impressed. I will be posting more pictures later when I have a chance to actually take some good ones showing detail. For now heres some pics next to a car for size comparison

How it Looks

If you have not seen a bronco in person, the pictures do no justice whatsoever for how mean this machine looks. Especially for all of you wondering out there with a base sasquatch order. There's something about the non heavy duty front bumper and regular lights over the signature halo light feature that gives it a slightly bland look over the other higher trim levels and features.... but that's only in pictures. In person its such a great looking truck that no picture can capture. Huge road presence and attention, getting compliments everywhere you go (lol especially from jeep owners). Has great ground clearance and very high off the ground with the 35 inch tires and wider fender flares. I will definitely be upgrading the headlights and bumper in the future but for now I am completely satisfied with how it looks. I have not seen other base models in person besides mine but from seeing pictures online, I do think black is the best color to go. Only because the paint color just goes so well with the flat black grille and black lettering. It gives it a very stealthy look.

How it Drives
  • To clarify I am treating her like a princess and have not fully whipped and thrown this thing around yet because I want to give it a proper break in period for the engine. Lol its very hard to resist from gunning the engine and going straight into the dirt because of how trail ready the bronco feels. Even for the 2.3L, it feels pretty jumpy from the mild accelerations I have done so far. Has a decent amount of torque and once you start to hear the turbos build some boost it pushes pretty well. It makes me very impatient and wanting to floor this once I break it in.
  • Handling
    • As far as handling goes, it is really good for the kind of truck that it is. I have driven jeeps before and it definitely behaves better on pavement than a jeep. You don't have to do too much to keep it centered on the road and feels well planted to the ground when cutting turns at reasonable speeds. Turn radius for some reason caught me by surprise and can maker sharper u turns than my lexus is350 and toyota rav4.
  • Suspension
    • The suspension on the sas package is amaaazing. Butter smooth. As mentioned earlier I have not taken it to its true capabilities yet but I have gone up at least curbs and un even grounds to see what its like. Very soft and responsive, I will have to really test it out and get back to you guys. One funny story I do have with it is i have some pretty obnoxious speed bumps at my work, almost overkill at this point. Most every car including my Toyota Rav4 has to at least go 5 mph to avoid bottoming out the suspension and making the whole rear of the car jump off the ground. Lol its so funny seeing people slow down to all of them while I'm over here flying over it at 35 mph and acting like nothing happened. It literally gave no effect to the vehicle and rolled over so smoothly. Ford did such an amazing job with the HOSS suspension they equip with the sasquatch package.
  • Driving with a soft top
    • Now of course I only was able to get mine so early because of the soft top. I at first really wanted the hardtop but I was impatient but to be honest I love it. If you really are impatient like me as well I would recommend trying to switch the order to speed up the process and just buy the hardtop when they sell individually (thats what i plan on doing). I kid you not the moment I changed my order I went from no build date to build and deliver date in a span of 5 days. In total received my car 1.5 months after switching. But also do keep in mind it is a base model with no upgrades besides the sas and aux switch, so the higher trim levels may take longer. But going back to the feel of the soft top its not bad at all. I live in Florida where it can rain for seven seconds and all of sudden be clear sunny day. So for me I think its a plus that I get to open and close on the fly. And for the most important part that everyone is wondering is the road noise. I cant really complain. either the same or maybe better compared to a jeep, but it really just sounds like the rear windows are slightly cracked open while you're driving. And if Im being honest i usually drive with the windows down anyways so it doesn't even matter to me. One thing to point out is that center roof bar moved to the rear compared to jeep makes all the difference in the open top experience. It feels waaay more open and a really cool experience for both the driver and the passengers. Ford was genius for changing that and jeep should have done that a long time ago.
Bonus Takeaways
  • Lol have fun with attention when you get yours. In my area I have only seen one other bronco (some lucky guy with a hard top badlands already in cactus grey). Because its so rare everyone wants to talk to you on red lights and in parking lots (I dont mind tho it makes me happy other people excited as me).
  • Car play/screen is very responsive and quick. zero lag time. However, I feel that the its a little slow on the speedometer when switching goat modes. Little bit of lag when switching. This might make sense but in order to switch modes you have to turn the dial once to activate the screen show of the modes, then turn it again to switch it. I wish they designed to switch the first time the dial is turned but its not that big of a deal
  • If you plan to remove your soft top entirely off the car (as in completely off not just opened back all the way), make sure to be focused on catching the screws that mount it. Several people have dropped it into the wheel well when removing them. You'll know what i'm talking about when you try yourself. Its this giant gaping blackhole right under the screws. terrible design to set you up for failure.
  • You may have seen this if you keep up with bronco nation but standard for all broncos is if you click the unlock button on the key then press and hold again it will automatically roll down all the windows.
  • Also if you download the ford pass app, even though if you dont have the key start package, you can turn on, unlock, and lock the car with your phone.
Overall I love the new bronco and more than satisfied. For being the most basic trim level with the sas pack, it is fully capable and cant wait to see how it off roads. Probably my first place is my friends neighborhood. they had redid their golf course and left the old one alone. Its been weathered down to dirt and mimics the dunes of a desert and know a couple people that take UTVs to practice jumping and wild out drifting. When I do ill def go back to this forum to give more feedback. For all of you waiting I hope I am not making you jealous of my early delivery time. Very much hoping you all receive yours soon. And trust me when you do, all that waiting will feel like nothing because how much you'll be smiling and enjoying your new bronco! It really is an awesome vehicle.

Let me know if you have questions and ill try to answer.

Ford Bronco First Impression & Review : Base Sasquatch 4-door Bronco IMG_9587.JPEG

Ford Bronco First Impression & Review : Base Sasquatch 4-door Bronco IMG_4720

Ford Bronco First Impression & Review : Base Sasquatch 4-door Bronco IMG_9589

Ford Bronco First Impression & Review : Base Sasquatch 4-door Bronco IMG_9596
Sponsored

Last edited:

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is the first base trim that I absolutely think looks killer. You are right, the black on black really sets it apart.

Question for ya whenever you can check - what is your PSI at for your tires from the factory?

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was really hoping to see a 2 door....😑😔
I guess I didn’t read the title in full

OP
OP
Juicy

Juicy

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That is the first base trim that I absolutely think looks killer. You are right, the black on black really sets it apart.

Question for ya whenever you can check - what is your PSI at for your tires from the factory?
39 Front and Rear

Sponsored
OP
OP
Juicy

Juicy

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was really hoping to see a 2 door....😑😔
I guess I didn’t read the title in full
I saw a 2 door wildtrak while in Moab and they look great as well. Compared to the 2 door jeep there is definitely a size difference.

OP
OP
Juicy

Juicy

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nice. My issue may have been isolated then. Mine came at 50+ PSI and the ride quality was TERRIBLE the first few days, looking back.
Damn 50+?? They definitely were not checking lol

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Damn 50+?? They definitely were not checking lol
Yeah. Driver side was 48+ and passenger side was 51-53. Made for a ride where you felt every tiny bump in the road.. Even the little lines of tar they use to patch up the blacktop.

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base

My BaseSquatch2.7 tires all came at 40 psi.

OP
OP
Juicy

Juicy

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks amazing 🤩 I also wanted ask, how does the non leather equipped steering wheel feel?
I honestly don't mind it. Would prefer it to be letter but it is what it is. But I will say is the buttons are great quality. I like how its covered in rubber, feels more rugged and will last a lot longer tolerating more wear and tear.