Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Door Basesquatch, Corvette C7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Congrats. black on black is sweet, esp. w/ the base grille. what day res were you?
October 2020
Sponsored

OP
OP
Juicy

Juicy

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nice to see another happy BaseSquatch owner. I can't help but say that your Corvette is absolutely SICK, being a bit of a Corvette guy myself. Great choices with both cars. đź‘Ť

-SG
thanks man appreciate it!

OP
OP
Juicy

Juicy

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Congrats on your new Bronco! Now that you have it, do you have any regrets about not going with a higher trim? Thanks!
The only two things id say are the upgraded headlights and taillights and also leather seats. The higher trims look killer with those lights. But I'm kinda glad I didnt pay a higher trim level just for that because at some point there will be many aftermarket parts that will offer even color changing headlights. Also cloth seats just doesnt hold that new car smell that well. After a couple drive with no roof or doors its bye bye to trying to keep that nice fresh smell of a new car.

OP
OP
Juicy

Juicy

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As a man who loves statistics, demographics...etc

I find it incredibly interesting that, from the small sample size I've seen, folks ordering the base sas seem to have (based exclusively on pictures) the most solid finances, vs folks like me ordering higher trims.

Interesting data.
I feel that its just a financially smart choice to take the base sas. It comes with everything you need that's necessary for off-roading (besides baja and rock crawl but thats really just modes to help people who are unexperienced). The higher trim level really are just extra little things to make the car look nicer.... but that can all be done with time as small upgrades every once in a while. For example the steel bumper. It cost a decent amount that would be added to the monthly if it is being financed. At some point there will be aftermarket parts that will be way better looking but youll be thinking twice about buying it because you already spent the money to get the one out of the factory. Instead, just pay as least amount as possible for the car and upgrade everything later when it fits your budget.

OP
OP
Juicy

Juicy

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've started trying your cruise method. Not sure if my results will vary since I have adaptive cruise so it likes to accelerate and brake on it's own.
Yeah adaptive cruise control might effect the solution. mine is just standard so it never slows or speeds unless i control it to.

Agreed. I'm at 37-38 and it still feels a little rough over small bumps. Eats railroad crossings at full speed for lunch though.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Juicy

Juicy

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Are you using premium gas in that 2.3L or is Florida gas just that expensive right now? lol!
I used regular for that fill up which ranges between $3.20-$3.60. premium is $3.5+

OP
OP
Juicy

Juicy

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'll give you my opinion on my Base: it feels pretty cheap, and even more annoyingly, right at the 12 o'clock position on the back side, there is some little defect poking out that I am constantly feeling and wishing was not there. Definitely something I will look to upgrade with a leather wrap of some sort.
Now that you mention it I do notice that on mine as well

OP
OP
Juicy

Juicy

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is such an informative and helpful writeup. I'm definitely trying out your cruise recommendation. One question I had @Juicy - are you also enabling ECO goat mode during daily driving?
Yeah I am. If I am commuting from place to place theres really no reason to be on any other mode

OP
OP
Juicy

Juicy

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Slick Rick

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have almost the same order - Base, Sas, Soft Top, Switches but 2.7 and velocity blue. I have 2 black vehicles already. Yours looks great. I am even more excited seeing your Bronco and all the good info you provided.
I have the exact same order with modular bumper. Great minds think alike!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Juicy

Juicy

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You hit the nail on the head with this review! I have the same build expect I went with 2.7. The best way to describe the driving experience is that this thing has a ton of spirit. Basesquatch is definitely most bang for your buck. My GF daily drives a jk rubicon and the driving experience isn’t even comparable IMO. Handles so well for how big it is. Cheers!
4E12F44D-F350-445C-8B5A-16FC269B5D22.jpeg
E04C8909-2DDC-414F-A017-4F628CEC91C0.jpeg
Nicee I really want to test drive a 2.7 to see the actual difference

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nice. My issue may have been isolated then. Mine came at 50+ PSI and the ride quality was TERRIBLE the first few days, looking back.
50psi is pretty standard in tires from the factory. The tech is supposed to air down to manufacturer recommended psi at PDI.

That's a dealership problem, not a Ford problem.

Broncojy

Big Bend
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Neon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Nice rig! Looks amazing and I couldn’t agree more about the appearance in person vs photos.

That all black is killer! I’m in South Florida and drive a cactus Grey BB, and from ur photos I’m assuming you aren’t too far.. Hopefully I’ll see yours around!

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That bump isn’t a defect, it’s there so you can identify 12:00 position without looking at the wheel. I hate it too as it’s on my Ranger steering wheel as well. 20 dollar wrap and I’m good. I’d upgrade the wheel but I’m not keeping this truck so I’m not putting money into it.
Thanks for that info. Which wrap did you use?

OP
OP
Juicy

Juicy

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nice rig! Looks amazing and I couldn’t agree more about the appearance in person vs photos.

That all black is killer! I’m in South Florida and drive a cactus Grey BB, and from ur photos I’m assuming you aren’t too far.. Hopefully I’ll see yours around!
haha I have seen one driving around 441 in boca. probably you since there aren't any other broncos ive seen
Sponsored