Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BaseSquatch, Chevy Suburban, Kia K5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My 4DR BaseSquatch came with 45-47 psi from the dealer and rode terribly over bumps and potholes. I airerd down to about 38 and it is definately improved, but still not as smooth as I would have thought based on things I have read on here about the Sasquatch suspension.
Sponsored

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've started trying your cruise method. Not sure if my results will vary since I have adaptive cruise so it likes to accelerate and brake on it's own.

My 4DR BaseSquatch came with 45-47 psi from the dealer and rode terribly over bumps and potholes. I airerd down to about 38 and it is definately improved, but still not as smooth as I would have thought based on things I have read on here about the Sasquatch suspension.
Agreed. I'm at 37-38 and it still feels a little rough over small bumps. Eats railroad crossings at full speed for lunch though.

Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2004 Volkswagen R32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the tip on the gas mileage, I'll definitely experiment with that when I get mine.

S4DDLUP

Wildtrak
First Name
J.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 '94 Bronco, '15 F-Type S, '11 TL, '16 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Are you using premium gas in that 2.3L or is Florida gas just that expensive right now? lol!

Sponsored

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks amazing 🤩 I also wanted ask, how does the non leather equipped steering wheel feel?
I'll give you my opinion on my Base: it feels pretty cheap, and even more annoyingly, right at the 12 o'clock position on the back side, there is some little defect poking out that I am constantly feeling and wishing was not there. Definitely something I will look to upgrade with a leather wrap of some sort.

NeoS281

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• My best bonus take away I can give is how to save gas. Obviously this thing is not really targeted as a fuel efficient car. lol the window stick even says rated 3/10 fuel economy. Averaging at around 18-20 gallons is not fun given it is a 20 gallon tank and our terrible gas prices right now. But I may have found a slight solution. If you are lucky to have little traffic and straight roads to normally drive on, cruise control will save you an immense amount of money over time. I did a little experiment 3 days in a row traveling to work and home and checking the average miles/g when i got home. Day one: drove normally without consciously thinking of saving gas = 17 miles/g. Day two: drove very conservatively by letting go of the gas anticipating lights and slow acceleration = 20 miles/g. day three: accelerated to speed limit and used cruise control until i had a reason to stop then came back to speed and used cruise control again = 26 miles/g!!! Id highly recommend trying it if you're worried about gas. Lol first time I filled up 1/2 to F it costed me $38.00. That adds up hella in the long run and cruise control could potentially save a couple hundred over a years time.

Let me know if you have questions and ill try to answer.
This is such an informative and helpful writeup. I'm definitely trying out your cruise recommendation. One question I had @Juicy - are you also enabling ECO goat mode during daily driving?

Davebear13

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The spec. of my bronco is a Black Base 4 door bronco 2.3L engine with only two packages, sasquatch package and auxiliary switches. No other extra features. And for what it is, I can genuinely say I am most definitely impressed. I will be posting more pictures later when I have a chance to actually take some good ones showing detail. For now heres some pics next to a car for size comparison

How it Looks

If you have not seen a bronco in person, the pictures do no justice whatsoever for how mean this machine looks. Especially for all of you wondering out there with a base sasquatch order. There's something about the non heavy duty front bumper and regular lights over the signature halo light feature that gives it a slightly bland look over the other higher trim levels and features.... but that's only in pictures. In person its such a great looking truck that no picture can capture. Huge road presence and attention, getting compliments everywhere you go (lol especially from jeep owners). Has great ground clearance and very high off the ground with the 35 inch tires and wider fender flares. I will definitely be upgrading the headlights and bumper in the future but for now I am completely satisfied with how it looks. I have not seen other base models in person besides mine but from seeing pictures online, I do think black is the best color to go. Only because the paint color just goes so well with the flat black grille and black lettering. It gives it a very stealthy look.

How it Drives
  • To clarify I am treating her like a princess and have not fully whipped and thrown this thing around yet because I want to give it a proper break in period for the engine. Lol its very hard to resist from gunning the engine and going straight into the dirt because of how trail ready the bronco feels. Even for the 2.3L, it feels pretty jumpy from the mild accelerations I have done so far. Has a decent amount of torque and once you start to hear the turbos build some boost it pushes pretty well. It makes me very impatient and wanting to floor this once I break it in.
  • Handling
    • As far as handling goes, it is really good for the kind of truck that it is. I have driven jeeps before and it definitely behaves better on pavement than a jeep. You don't have to do too much to keep it centered on the road and feels well planted to the ground when cutting turns at reasonable speeds. Turn radius for some reason caught me by surprise and can maker sharper u turns than my lexus is350 and toyota rav4.
  • Suspension
    • The suspension on the sas package is amaaazing. Butter smooth. As mentioned earlier I have not taken it to its true capabilities yet but I have gone up at least curbs and un even grounds to see what its like. Very soft and responsive, I will have to really test it out and get back to you guys. One funny story I do have with it is i have some pretty obnoxious speed bumps at my work, almost overkill at this point. Most every car including my Toyota Rav4 has to at least go 5 mph to avoid bottoming out the suspension and making the whole rear of the car jump off the ground. Lol its so funny seeing people slow down to all of them while I'm over here flying over it at 35 mph and acting like nothing happened. It literally gave no effect to the vehicle and rolled over so smoothly. Ford did such an amazing job with the HOSS suspension they equip with the sasquatch package.
  • Driving with a soft top
    • Now of course I only was able to get mine so early because of the soft top. I at first really wanted the hardtop but I was impatient but to be honest I love it. If you really are impatient like me as well I would recommend trying to switch the order to speed up the process and just buy the hardtop when they sell individually (thats what i plan on doing). I kid you not the moment I changed my order I went from no build date to build and deliver date in a span of 5 days. In total received my car 1.5 months after switching. But also do keep in mind it is a base model with no upgrades besides the sas and aux switch, so the higher trim levels may take longer. But going back to the feel of the soft top its not bad at all. I live in Florida where it can rain for seven seconds and all of sudden be clear sunny day. So for me I think its a plus that I get to open and close on the fly. And for the most important part that everyone is wondering is the road noise. I cant really complain. either the same or maybe better compared to a jeep, but it really just sounds like the rear windows are slightly cracked open while you're driving. And if Im being honest i usually drive with the windows down anyways so it doesn't even matter to me. One thing to point out is that center roof bar moved to the rear compared to jeep makes all the difference in the open top experience. It feels waaay more open and a really cool experience for both the driver and the passengers. Ford was genius for changing that and jeep should have done that a long time ago.
Bonus Takeaways
  • Lol have fun with attention when you get yours. In my area I have only seen one other bronco (some lucky guy with a hard top badlands already in cactus grey). Because its so rare everyone wants to talk to you on red lights and in parking lots (I dont mind tho it makes me happy other people excited as me).
  • Car play/screen is very responsive and quick. zero lag time. However, I feel that the its a little slow on the speedometer when switching goat modes. Little bit of lag when switching. This might make sense but in order to switch modes you have to turn the dial once to activate the screen show of the modes, then turn it again to switch it. I wish they designed to switch the first time the dial is turned but its not that big of a deal
  • If you plan to remove your soft top entirely off the car (as in completely off not just opened back all the way), make sure to be focused on catching the screws that mount it. Several people have dropped it into the wheel well when removing them. You'll know what i'm talking about when you try yourself. Its this giant gaping blackhole right under the screws. terrible design to set you up for failure.
  • You may have seen this if you keep up with bronco nation but standard for all broncos is if you click the unlock button on the key then press and hold again it will automatically roll down all the windows.
  • Also if you download the ford pass app, even though if you dont have the key start package, you can turn on, unlock, and lock the car with your phone.
  • My best bonus take away I can give is how to save gas. Obviously this thing is not really targeted as a fuel efficient car. lol the window stick even says rated 3/10 fuel economy. Averaging at around 18-20 gallons is not fun given it is a 20 gallon tank and our terrible gas prices right now. But I may have found a slight solution. If you are lucky to have little traffic and straight roads to normally drive on, cruise control will save you an immense amount of money over time. I did a little experiment 3 days in a row traveling to work and home and checking the average miles/g when i got home. Day one: drove normally without consciously thinking of saving gas = 17 miles/g. Day two: drove very conservatively by letting go of the gas anticipating lights and slow acceleration = 20 miles/g. day three: accelerated to speed limit and used cruise control until i had a reason to stop then came back to speed and used cruise control again = 26 miles/g!!! Id highly recommend trying it if you're worried about gas. Lol first time I filled up 1/2 to F it costed me $38.00. That adds up hella in the long run and cruise control could potentially save a couple hundred over a years time.
Overall I love the new bronco and more than satisfied. For being the most basic trim level with the sas pack, it is fully capable and cant wait to see how it off roads. Probably my first place is my friends neighborhood. they had redid their golf course and left the old one alone. Its been weathered down to dirt and mimics the dunes of a desert and know a couple people that take UTVs to practice jumping and wild out drifting. When I do ill def go back to this forum to give more feedback. For all of you waiting I hope I am not making you jealous of my early delivery time. Very much hoping you all receive yours soon. And trust me when you do, all that waiting will feel like nothing because how much you'll be smiling and enjoying your new bronco! It really is an awesome vehicle.

IMG_9587.JPEG

IMG_4720.jpg

IMG_9589.jpg

IMG_9596.jpg
I have almost the same order - Base, Sas, Soft Top, Switches but 2.7 and velocity blue. I have 2 black vehicles already. Yours looks great. I am even more excited seeing your Bronco and all the good info you provided.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Can't wait for my eruption green basesquatch.

Mattmquin

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayenne GTS / Wrangler - TJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
The spec. of my bronco is a Black Base 4 door bronco 2.3L engine with only two packages, sasquatch package and auxiliary switches. No other extra features. And for what it is, I can genuinely say I am most definitely impressed. I will be posting more pictures later when I have a chance to actually take some good ones showing detail. For now heres some pics next to a car for size comparison

How it Looks

If you have not seen a bronco in person, the pictures do no justice whatsoever for how mean this machine looks. Especially for all of you wondering out there with a base sasquatch order. There's something about the non heavy duty front bumper and regular lights over the signature halo light feature that gives it a slightly bland look over the other higher trim levels and features.... but that's only in pictures. In person its such a great looking truck that no picture can capture. Huge road presence and attention, getting compliments everywhere you go (lol especially from jeep owners). Has great ground clearance and very high off the ground with the 35 inch tires and wider fender flares. I will definitely be upgrading the headlights and bumper in the future but for now I am completely satisfied with how it looks. I have not seen other base models in person besides mine but from seeing pictures online, I do think black is the best color to go. Only because the paint color just goes so well with the flat black grille and black lettering. It gives it a very stealthy look.

How it Drives
  • To clarify I am treating her like a princess and have not fully whipped and thrown this thing around yet because I want to give it a proper break in period for the engine. Lol its very hard to resist from gunning the engine and going straight into the dirt because of how trail ready the bronco feels. Even for the 2.3L, it feels pretty jumpy from the mild accelerations I have done so far. Has a decent amount of torque and once you start to hear the turbos build some boost it pushes pretty well. It makes me very impatient and wanting to floor this once I break it in.
  • Handling
    • As far as handling goes, it is really good for the kind of truck that it is. I have driven jeeps before and it definitely behaves better on pavement than a jeep. You don't have to do too much to keep it centered on the road and feels well planted to the ground when cutting turns at reasonable speeds. Turn radius for some reason caught me by surprise and can maker sharper u turns than my lexus is350 and toyota rav4.
  • Suspension
    • The suspension on the sas package is amaaazing. Butter smooth. As mentioned earlier I have not taken it to its true capabilities yet but I have gone up at least curbs and un even grounds to see what its like. Very soft and responsive, I will have to really test it out and get back to you guys. One funny story I do have with it is i have some pretty obnoxious speed bumps at my work, almost overkill at this point. Most every car including my Toyota Rav4 has to at least go 5 mph to avoid bottoming out the suspension and making the whole rear of the car jump off the ground. Lol its so funny seeing people slow down to all of them while I'm over here flying over it at 35 mph and acting like nothing happened. It literally gave no effect to the vehicle and rolled over so smoothly. Ford did such an amazing job with the HOSS suspension they equip with the sasquatch package.
  • Driving with a soft top
    • Now of course I only was able to get mine so early because of the soft top. I at first really wanted the hardtop but I was impatient but to be honest I love it. If you really are impatient like me as well I would recommend trying to switch the order to speed up the process and just buy the hardtop when they sell individually (thats what i plan on doing). I kid you not the moment I changed my order I went from no build date to build and deliver date in a span of 5 days. In total received my car 1.5 months after switching. But also do keep in mind it is a base model with no upgrades besides the sas and aux switch, so the higher trim levels may take longer. But going back to the feel of the soft top its not bad at all. I live in Florida where it can rain for seven seconds and all of sudden be clear sunny day. So for me I think its a plus that I get to open and close on the fly. And for the most important part that everyone is wondering is the road noise. I cant really complain. either the same or maybe better compared to a jeep, but it really just sounds like the rear windows are slightly cracked open while you're driving. And if Im being honest i usually drive with the windows down anyways so it doesn't even matter to me. One thing to point out is that center roof bar moved to the rear compared to jeep makes all the difference in the open top experience. It feels waaay more open and a really cool experience for both the driver and the passengers. Ford was genius for changing that and jeep should have done that a long time ago.
Bonus Takeaways
  • Lol have fun with attention when you get yours. In my area I have only seen one other bronco (some lucky guy with a hard top badlands already in cactus grey). Because its so rare everyone wants to talk to you on red lights and in parking lots (I dont mind tho it makes me happy other people excited as me).
  • Car play/screen is very responsive and quick. zero lag time. However, I feel that the its a little slow on the speedometer when switching goat modes. Little bit of lag when switching. This might make sense but in order to switch modes you have to turn the dial once to activate the screen show of the modes, then turn it again to switch it. I wish they designed to switch the first time the dial is turned but its not that big of a deal
  • If you plan to remove your soft top entirely off the car (as in completely off not just opened back all the way), make sure to be focused on catching the screws that mount it. Several people have dropped it into the wheel well when removing them. You'll know what i'm talking about when you try yourself. Its this giant gaping blackhole right under the screws. terrible design to set you up for failure.
  • You may have seen this if you keep up with bronco nation but standard for all broncos is if you click the unlock button on the key then press and hold again it will automatically roll down all the windows.
  • Also if you download the ford pass app, even though if you dont have the key start package, you can turn on, unlock, and lock the car with your phone.
Overall I love the new bronco and more than satisfied. For being the most basic trim level with the sas pack, it is fully capable and cant wait to see how it off roads. Probably my first place is my friends neighborhood. they had redid their golf course and left the old one alone. Its been weathered down to dirt and mimics the dunes of a desert and know a couple people that take UTVs to practice jumping and wild out drifting. When I do ill def go back to this forum to give more feedback. For all of you waiting I hope I am not making you jealous of my early delivery time. Very much hoping you all receive yours soon. And trust me when you do, all that waiting will feel like nothing because how much you'll be smiling and enjoying your new bronco! It really is an awesome vehicle.

IMG_9587.JPEG

IMG_4720.jpg

IMG_9589.jpg

IMG_9596.jpg
Is one of your yellow running light out?

Sponsored

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'll give you my opinion on my Base: it feels pretty cheap, and even more annoyingly, right at the 12 o'clock position on the back side, there is some little defect poking out that I am constantly feeling and wishing was not there. Definitely something I will look to upgrade with a leather wrap of some sort.
https://azaautowheel.com/ford/

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Of course not! You need to trust... basesquatch is the BEST buy for your money. Hands down, I don't think a single person on this forum would disagree... dollar for dollar it's the best way to stay budget and get an AMAZING beast. I wouldn't steer you wrong.
hahaha thanks for that. I don't think you would steer me wrong. ;) Thanks!:cool:

Free Pizza

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah. Driver side was 48+ and passenger side was 51-53. Made for a ride where you felt every tiny bump in the road.. Even the little lines of tar they use to patch up the blacktop.
Ha ha. My wife's grandmother mother said there was something wrong with the suspension on her small Lexus suv. I checked the psi. The ground workers where she worked put air in her tires.

She had 77psi in one tire. 73, 74 and 71 in the others.

And I love the regular looking bronco head lights.

Gaul Piamatti

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
You hit the nail on the head with this review! I have the same build expect I went with 2.7. The best way to describe the driving experience is that this thing has a ton of spirit. Basesquatch is definitely most bang for your buck. My GF daily drives a jk rubicon and the driving experience isn’t even comparable IMO. Handles so well for how big it is. Cheers!
Ford Bronco First Impression & Review : Base Sasquatch 4-door Bronco 4E12F44D-F350-445C-8B5A-16FC269B5D22
Ford Bronco First Impression & Review : Base Sasquatch 4-door Bronco E04C8909-2DDC-414F-A017-4F628CEC91C0