James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HJ45, URJ200, W463
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife got in no issues in the BL, she had to use the grab handle for the SAS (she's 5'5"). She said no way to the SAS as a DD.
Hello, did your wife happen to adjust the seat and try the clutch in the MT? Any feedback there? My wife is 5'2 and isn't worried about access but so far we've been unable to verify seat adjustment for the MT. Thank you!
Sponsored

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
How did the 2.3 engine bay compare to the 2.7? Equally as busy?
I was very disappointed with this engine bay pic. Is there an engine under that mess of hoses and wires somewhere? Hope the 2.3L is better. The Bronco looks fantastic on the outside and interior but that engine bay is awful. It makes me doubt the overall quality of the vehicle. There is no excuse for this.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Equally as busy for sure. Hoses going in every direction. Wondering if they are going to put a cover on it for production models.
Its not a matter of putting a cover on it, it shouldn't look like a kluge with the cover off. This looks like a nightmare to work on and doesn't convey quality.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I went with the Mic top. I think it would be nice for cruising around town in the summer but the Bronco nation guy was telling me he could barely have a conversation on the phone when driving down the highway with the soft top. I also am not a fan of how it flips up in the trunk area. Just my opinion though. I think it would be nice to have both.
Yeah - this is not going to be that much different than a Jeep. At least they are fronting headliners.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was very disappointed with this engine bay pic. Is there an engine under that mess of hoses and wires somewhere? Hope the 2.3L is better. The Bronco looks fantastic on the outside and interior but that engine bay is awful. It makes me doubt the overall quality of the vehicle. There is no excuse for this.
Here. This thread has a side by side:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...prised-with-couple-concerns.14716/post-537006

Also, lol at thinking the quality of a vehicle is suspect because of how a modern engine looks.

ferbm

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple SUVs, couple clunkers, one sweet ride.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello, did your wife happen to adjust the seat and try the clutch in the MT? Any feedback there? My wife is 5'2 and isn't worried about access but so far we've been unable to verify seat adjustment for the MT. Thank you!
His wife? You think he took them at the SAME TIME????? SMH!

Triathlonfun

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good point on the rock rails! I agree the ones on the Badlands could be better. I liked the ones shown in Moab. RTR version.

ferbm

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here. This thread has a side by side:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...prised-with-couple-concerns.14716/post-537006

Also, lol at thinking the quality of a vehicle is suspect because of how a modern engine looks.
Agree with both actually. The modern engine looks nothing like the clean NA V8 of yesteryear with nothing more than a couple of vacuum hoses, coolant, fuel, and plug wires.

But why no engine cover to hide Medusa's face? Is it an airflow/cooling issue? Does the 2.7 have a dress up cover on the F-150? Could one be made from aluminum?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agree with both actually. The modern engine looks nothing like the clean NA V8 of yesteryear with nothing more than a couple of vacuum hoses, coolant, fuel, and plug wires.

But why no engine cover to hide Medusa's face? Is it an airflow/cooling issue? Does the 2.7 have a dress up cover on the F-150? Could one be made from aluminum?
I figured we were all expecting an engine cover eventually?

Either way, people have a memory of clean NA engines... but they’ve been ugly for a while.

;)

Ford Bronco First impressions of Manual Bronco Badlands & Black Diamond Sasquatch in person. Pleasantly surprised, with couple concerns 093DE50F-206A-4C38-8A2A-AB8981FB3050

Sponsored

mylittlepony

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Jeep Wrangler / 09 TC Series 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Great pics! iconic silver is my color. did you notice if the paint had any fleck/flake in it at all? thanks

ferbm

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I figured we were all expecting an engine cover eventually?

Either way, people have a memory of clean NA engines... but they’ve been ugly for a while.

;)

Ford Bronco First impressions of Manual Bronco Badlands & Black Diamond Sasquatch in person. Pleasantly surprised, with couple concerns 093DE50F-206A-4C38-8A2A-AB8981FB3050
Hahaha! True, but that cannot be stock and from the factory! That looks old, worked on, and who knows what else!

I do think that we get used to old cars that have been ultra-cleaned that give a nostalgic feel, when in reality, from the factory, there were still messes!

BadlandsJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Made it to Beach Ford in Virginia Beach to see the Bronco in person for the first time. They had a 4 dr Black Diamond SAS in Antimatter Blue and a 4 dr Badlands in Iconic Silver.

Just walking up to the Bronco for the first time after spending countless hours watching youtube and social media, and constantly reading through this forum. All the hype about this vehicle is real. It 100% lives up to it's reviews in my opinion. It seemed perfectly proportioned and not overwhelming at all. The seats were very comfortable in the front and back. The 12 in screen is enormous. If you are a not a tech person, the 8in seems more than enough in my opinion. We ordered an auto but I did run through the gears on the manual and the length of throw is spot on. I was expecting very long throws but it almost feels like a sports car. It will not feel like a chore to change gears at all for an off road rig. I think what I was most impressed with was the doors. Not having a full frame door makes the whole feel of the vehicle way more open. Easier to take on and off with one person as well. Watched the Bronco nation reps putting the doors back on with the bag still on did not look very difficult.

My big concern was seeing if the Bronco SAS was going to be to big for my gf to daily drive. Great news! it's not at all. The height of the SAS felt lower and easier to get into than my 2013 f150 with a 2in lift and 34.5's. Her opinion of the 35's was that it was just right. She said any bigger would be to much for her, but she liked the SAS much more than the 33's on the badlands right next to it.

Some minor things that I hope are addressed for production.
The upper control arms are mounted to something inside the engine bay and it leaves a massive gap in the fender well for mud/debris to go straight into the engine bay. I didn't get a picture but I remember thinking, this is going to be a firehose of mud going straight into the engine bay if they don't seal this up better. Maybe someone else on the forum who has seen this can provide pictures.

The doors extend out further than the rock rails that ford provides. I will be waiting to find a nice set of rails from the aftermarket that can double as a step and a slider so the doors don't get smashed by people not paying attention.

Other than that, I was blown away by the attention to detail in this vehicle. After spending over an hour examining this thing from the ground up. went to dinner and parked next to a new sahara Jeep. The Jeep looked like it came out of a cereal box compared to the Bronco. (I own an XJ)

Hope this helps with perspective for some.

Did you feel that the signature headlights are worth the increase if you do not plan to get a high or luxe package? If you were to purchase some black diamond Sasquatch do you feel it would suffice?

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh lord... Making purchase decisions based on the GF's wants and needs....
WRONG!
She’s cute and wants to drive a Bronco, I say give her what she wants and consider yourself lucky.