First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor, 2001 XJ, 1989 LX Mustang, 17 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You do not have to be concerned. The Raptor is the same way and I rarely have an issue where I see debris making it that far into the engine compartment. See pic below, from the front wheel well, I can see the turbo

1617400438899.png
That's good to hear from a Raptor owner. Does the raptor have an opening behind the upper control arm as well closer to the cab? The openings on the bronco are directly in line with the control arm on both sides. Hope that makes sense.
Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice catch, I don’t think anybody else has mentioned the opening in the engine bay. I am getting a two door, But what’s your thoughts on the stance of the four-door with the regular Badlands 33 inch tires?
I saw a four door Badlands today with the 33" mud terrain's at our local roadshow event in Cleveland and they were awesomely huge. They also had a Squatch there, but in my humble opinion I am guessing most people need nothing more than the 33" tires. I couldn't quite get over the size of the 33"s. I use to have 33" Toyo MT's on a Wrangler and I sure don't remember them feeling this big.

OP
OP
Richie

Richie

Wildtrak
First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello, did your wife happen to adjust the seat and try the clutch in the MT? Any feedback there? My wife is 5'2 and isn't worried about access but so far we've been unable to verify seat adjustment for the MT. Thank you!
Sorry, but she did not. The seats were able to move very close though. Also, the seats could be adjusted for height as well.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How did the 2.3 engine bay compare to the 2.7? Equally as busy?
I was able to compare the 2.7 in a first edition today to a 2.3 in a Badlands. Equally as busy.

OP
OP
Richie

Richie

Wildtrak
First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Its not a matter of putting a cover on it, it shouldn't look like a kluge with the cover off. This looks like a nightmare to work on and doesn't convey quality.
Agreed. I'm not saying a cover will solve anything about the maze of trying to work on this engine. It would just be a little more aesthetically pleasing to look at in my opinion.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Richie

Richie

Wildtrak
First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did you feel that the signature headlights are worth the increase if you do not plan to get a high or luxe package? If you were to purchase some black diamond Sasquatch do you feel it would suffice?
It's hard to say because I have not seen what the light output actually looks like on a dark road. aesthetically the signature lights looked a bit better but I'm guessing the aftermarket will have several options that are nicer and probably cheaper as well. Our house is on a backroad in the mountains and I will probably be getting a lightbar of some sort installed on the bumper for that reason. We went with the high package on the wildtrack. I thought the increase in price for the lux was not as much bang for your buck.

BadlandsJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's hard to say because I have not seen what the light output actually looks like on a dark road. aesthetically the signature lights looked a bit better but I'm guessing the aftermarket will have several options that are nicer and probably cheaper as well. Our house is on a backroad in the mountains and I will probably be getting a lightbar of some sort installed on the bumper for that reason. We went with the high package on the wildtrack. I thought the increase in price for the lux was not as much bang for your buck.
I went with a high package on my Badlands Sasquatch filled as well but I’m really debating between the Badlands regular or Sasquatch package to see if there’s anything significantly different outside of the 35 inch wheels because the bead locks that come with it I’m not really a fan of. I would rather have the all black that come on the wild track if I was able to.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went with a high package on my Badlands Sasquatch filled as well but I’m really debating between the Badlands regular or Sasquatch package to see if there’s anything significantly different outside of the 35 inch wheels because the bead locks that come with it I’m not really a fan of. I would rather have the all black that come on the wild track if I was able to.
I’m literally getting the Sasquatch package just because it sounds cool and it makes me giggle to think there’s a Sasquatch package. The number of people who will even be able to use the full capabilities of the standard Badlands is minuscule. Just get what you want not because of what you think you’ll do with it.

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw a four door Badlands today with the 33" mud terrain's at our local roadshow event in Cleveland and they were awesomely huge. They also had a Squatch there, but in my humble opinion I am guessing most people need nothing more than the 33" tires. I couldn't quite get over the size of the 33"s. I use to have 33" Toyo MT's on a Wrangler and I sure don't remember them feeling this big.
I feel the same way, especially on the 2-door.

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great photos. Thank you. My 5' 2" wife is going to have a hard time getting into the 2 dr Badlands Sasquatch I ordered.

Hoping to see them next week in Pittsburgh show. Then I will change the order or not.

Sponsored

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Agree with both actually. The modern engine looks nothing like the clean NA V8 of yesteryear with nothing more than a couple of vacuum hoses, coolant, fuel, and plug wires.
The bottom line is today's internal combustion engines have become catastrophically complex due to market demands for HP against emissions and fuel economy regulations. Catastrophic in the sense that if your engine goes teats-up out of warranty for a plethora of potential reasons, your bank account may be wiped out and then some. Frankly I'm slightly terrified about the prospect for disaster for a twin-turbo highly-strung motor doing the duty traditionally reserved for a normally-aspirated V8.

Automotive electrification will be a welcome relief in this regard.

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Equally as busy for sure. Hoses going in every direction. Wondering if they are going to put a cover on it for production models.
I saw the 2.3 and 2.7 today in San Diego, I did notice on the 2.3 that it had a couple threaded holes in the top, maybe for a cover don't know for sure and I didn't see any threaded holes in the 2.7, the 2.3 definitely had more room in the engine bay but I'd hate to work on either one 😉

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for the info i go next week here in ca. First thing im going to check is the footwell box,pedal room im getting a manual and thats important to me.
That softtop looks like a shitshow.

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Made it to Beach Ford in Virginia Beach to see the Bronco in person for the first time. They had a 4 dr Black Diamond SAS in Antimatter Blue and a 4 dr Badlands in Iconic Silver.

Just walking up to the Bronco for the first time after spending countless hours watching youtube and social media, and constantly reading through this forum. All the hype about this vehicle is real. It 100% lives up to it's reviews in my opinion. It seemed perfectly proportioned and not overwhelming at all. The seats were very comfortable in the front and back. The 12 in screen is enormous. If you are a not a tech person, the 8in seems more than enough in my opinion. We ordered an auto but I did run through the gears on the manual and the length of throw is spot on. I was expecting very long throws but it almost feels like a sports car. It will not feel like a chore to change gears at all for an off road rig. I think what I was most impressed with was the doors. Not having a full frame door makes the whole feel of the vehicle way more open. Easier to take on and off with one person as well. Watched the Bronco nation reps putting the doors back on with the bag still on did not look very difficult.

My big concern was seeing if the Bronco SAS was going to be to big for my gf to daily drive. Great news! it's not at all. The height of the SAS felt lower and easier to get into than my 2013 f150 with a 2in lift and 34.5's. Her opinion of the 35's was that it was just right. She said any bigger would be to much for her, but she liked the SAS much more than the 33's on the badlands right next to it.

Some minor things that I hope are addressed for production.
The upper control arms are mounted to something inside the engine bay and it leaves a massive gap in the fender well for mud/debris to go straight into the engine bay. I didn't get a picture but I remember thinking, this is going to be a firehose of mud going straight into the engine bay if they don't seal this up better. Maybe someone else on the forum who has seen this can provide pictures.

The doors extend out further than the rock rails that ford provides. I will be waiting to find a nice set of rails from the aftermarket that can double as a step and a slider so the doors don't get smashed by people not paying attention.

Other than that, I was blown away by the attention to detail in this vehicle. After spending over an hour examining this thing from the ground up. went to dinner and parked next to a new sahara Jeep. The Jeep looked like it came out of a cereal box compared to the Bronco. (I own an XJ)

Hope this helps with perspective for some.

HvzOyLbZSdSpwizhQNbCbg.jpg

bs0CKlDpTmq9lCUxLm47zw.jpg

k5NGR+qQTCeew6uTnsNv0w.jpg

LDHQ0a7RRQm4Mm2de9i+Bg.jpg

aphDUMxCRUKOW%vyRM7uEw.jpg

FxcDrxZ1TvCDKSBruMtR8g.jpg
Read your post before going to our Bronco event today and you are 100% right about that opening going into the engine bay, me and another guy both thought it's gonna need a little more covering in that area for sure, hope Ford does something about it so we don't have to cut up some mud flaps to cover it 😉