Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Maybe a knee jerk reaction, but both my Mazda6 and Pont Vibe have a clean and organized engine bay even with the cover removed. Considering this is a big truck l expected things to be less cramped and organized.

F

This just looks so much worse than other new cars and trucks. Here is my Mazda6 with the cover removed.
IMG_20210402_183432049.jpg
So you are comparing the 2021 Bronco to two cars that are over a decade old and non-turbo that met much less restrictive emissions/fuel standards. Turbocharging adds complexity and more parts. Also, both engines go into a lot of different Ford platforms, so the cost to make them pretty and organized under the hood gets expensive.

My worry is there are so many wires and hoses for rodents to chew on.
Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So you are comparing the 2021 Bronco to two cars that are over a decade old and non-turbo that met much less restrictive emissions/fuel standards. Turbocharging adds complexity and more parts. Also, both engines go into a lot of different Ford platforms, so the cost to make them pretty and organized under the hood gets expensive.

Probably a good idea for us to get something like this:

Loraffe Under Hood Rodent Ultrasonic Rat Repellent Mice Deterrent with Ultrasound and LED Flashlights, for 12V 24V Vehicle Auto Garage Pest Control, Keep Animal from Chewing Car Wiring https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07JG4V1ZP/ref=cm_sw_r_sm_apa_glc_fabc_C5GYQ1BKM6N1ZVN12JGK

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I did and went through the gears a few times. It was really smooth and short throws. The last manual car I owned was my '67 Bronco with a NP435 in it though.

I think the manual would be a great choice if you were in that camp. Wife wants an auto though so that's what we're getting, she'll drive it just as much as I will.
Thank you sir. You're a scholar and a gentleman.

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes she will!!! My wife is laughing quite hard in the background right now (she's 5'5"). She said she'll be fine if she's an 18 Y/O gymnast, LOL.

Good Luck, report back!
I think she just gave you permission to get an 18 yr old gymnast as an accessory.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Namrekcad

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota, xt4, Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was very disappointed with this engine bay pic. Is there an engine under that mess of hoses and wires somewhere? Hope the 2.3L is better. The Bronco looks fantastic on the outside and interior but that engine bay is awful. It makes me doubt the overall quality of the vehicle. There is no excuse for this.
When you pay off your loan simply start removing wires and hoses, nonsense items to clean up your engine bay. Move ugly items to unseen areas
When I had my 2005 gti turbo. Their was a large group that shaved their engine bays

849D8B17-F237-4363-85A3-187A3FEDF430.jpeg

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
When you pay off your loan simply start removing wires and hoses, nonsense items to clean up your engine bay. Move ugly items to unseen areas
When I had my 2005 gti turbo. Their was a large group that shaved their engine bays

Ford Bronco First impressions of Manual Bronco Badlands & Black Diamond Sasquatch in person. Pleasantly surprised, with couple concerns 849D8B17-F237-4363-85A3-187A3FEDF430
Wow that is a nice engine bay. I didn't expect the Bronco to look like this, but they should do a better job especially considering the competition. I know it sounds like I'm beating up on Ford but you don't see a mess like this under the hood of a Toyota or Honda. Still lm excited about the Bronco but dang l sure hope it isn't necessary to open the hood very often. It's not just looks.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm thinking Ford or one of the AM partners should offer a special anti-packrat engine bay light that automatically comes on after dark when the Bronco is not running.😁

But I did discover recently that most comprehensive insurance covers packrat damage, so I may see about lowering my deductible on that part. 💰

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Maybe a knee jerk reaction, but both my Mazda6 and Pont Vibe have a clean and organized engine bay even with the cover removed. Considering this is a big truck l expected things to be less cramped and organized.

F

This just looks so much worse than other new cars and trucks. Here is my Mazda6 with the cover removed.
Ford Bronco First impressions of Manual Bronco Badlands & Black Diamond Sasquatch in person. Pleasantly surprised, with couple concerns 849D8B17-F237-4363-85A3-187A3FEDF430
Don't you have to remove the bumper and headlight to change a headlight bulb in that generation of 6?

Mazda was not making excellent cars in your generation. Sure some stuff was easy to reach on the engine, but that's because it failed so frequently. (Full disclosure: I had an '07 Mazdaspeed3 and currently own an '18 Mazda6 GT-R)

The last of the "Buy a new RX-8, get TWO free engines before it's out of warranty" was going on at Mazda back then as well. A buddy was their service manager and I couldn't swing by for service in the MS3 without seeing at least two RX-8's in for new engines. They ordered them from J. A. pan a half dozen at a time to cut down on wait times for customers.

I guess you could argue that because the engine bay was so well organized in the RX-8, engine removal times were some of the lowest in the industry... It does say something for the quality of the unit, however.

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was at the same event in Virginia Beach, both engine bays are busy

20210401_142809.jpg

20210401_142800.jpg
Probably a good idea for us to get something like this:

Loraffe Under Hood Rodent Ultrasonic Rat Repellent Mice Deterrent with Ultrasound and LED Flashlights, for 12V 24V Vehicle Auto Garage Pest Control, Keep Animal from Chewing Car Wiring https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07JG4V1ZP/ref=cm_sw_r_sm_apa_glc_fabc_C5GYQ1BKM6N1ZVN12JGK
Does it work for Human Rats too😉
Sponsored