Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great post! Thank you for sharing your initial thoughts!

Looking forward to more posts from you as you get to drive it more often. I’d love to learn a bit more about the MIC roof, and how water drains on it. You mentioned it held water pretty good, but one of my biggest concerns is a leaking roof. If you ever get any pictures of the panels off, or some panels to show how it all inter-locks and maybe even how water drains around it, that’d be pretty cool.

Also, can you do me a favour? Can you actually test out the 12V plug in the cargo area? Is it on only when the vehicle is turned on? I suspect it is, but hope it’s not!

Thanks!! Enjoy the awesome ride :)
I just learned last week that the one in my Raptor is on all the time. I'm hoping the same is true with the Bronco.
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just learned last week that the one in my Raptor is on all the time. I'm hoping the same is true with the Bronco.
I agree. My GC has the ability to move a fuse over one slot to make the rear cargo 12V live when the vehicles off, or not. I thought it was a great, simple solution depending on the customer.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doing gods work. You’re the man!

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

There was a while that websites were confusing the Bronco and Bronco Sport b-roll supplied to them by Ford… and a bunch of people on here thought there were two different gauge clusters on the full size….

….I’ve only ever seen one cluster, and only one set of animations.
Sadly, I think you’re right. I could have sworn I heard from somewhere (and now can’t find the source) that the MT “added” a tach….. but all the images I am finding contradict that. It looks like a pillar mount aftermarket tach is in Samson’s future.
You know (glass half full), more than half the fun is making the Bronco your own. 😎👍

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

DRIVABILITY: Comparing this to my 2016 F150 the Bronco with the sasquatch is pretty dang good! It’s obviously noisier but it's really not that much noisier. I do have the hardtop with the sound deadening. I downloaded a Db app on my phone to measure noise levels and according to my phone the Bronco was only 6 Db louder than my F150 at 50mph. Take that for what it's worth but it's not overly noisy.

Delivered 2021 Bronco Badlands Race Red 4-Door MIC Top 1.jpeg

This thing is torqy! My wife is used to driving a corolla and it was hard for her to feather the gas when taking off. As a passenger It felt kinda jerky at first. She has since got used to the torq and is fine but there was a small adjustment period for her. I myself enjoy the torque and speed. Makes for a fun ride! It corners and handles nicely. Some body roll but not bad. I haven't experienced any “canoeing” or darting thus far and this thing eats Michigan potholes for breakfast.

The little off road driving I did, I used mud and ruts mode. In this mode I noticed it held the gear for longer and revved up to a higher RPM. I was able to shift with the plus and minus buttons on the automatic shifter in this mode to find different gears. The badlands doesn't have a sport mode and according to a forum member the work around is to put it in Baja mode and then shift into 2H instead of 4H. That did work but it does remove traction control and states its for off road use only. Going down a seasonal logging road at good speed it just eats up the holes, bumps, puddles etc… It's incredibly smooth and controlled. It's pretty amazing really.

One of the issues I had was with the G.O.A.T. mode selector dial. It seemed it was bound up on something like a piece of plastic maybe from the moulding process? I had to turn it pretty hard to get it to free up. It's working normally now, but it took me a minute to figure it out as the dial wasn’t working as it should at first.

I tested out the stay bar disconnect and the trail turn assist on an old logging road. All the features worked great but every once in a while during the trail turn assist I would hear a loud pinging noise. Almost like a spring or something being sprung. It didn't sound normal. I went looking through the manual and apparently it’s considered normal and Ford says it's part of the antilock brakes? I don’t know enough to know what all is going on when that feature is activated but it can be startling if you're not expecting it. It was wet sand where I tested this feature out and it states in the manual it's meant for slick conditions. Maybe that's why I was getting the noise? Maybe it wasn't “slick” enough?

Airflow is good in the back seat. I had this question come up a few times. I have the MIC hardtop with sound deadening but I did feel like the cooling was more than adequate. My wife drove with the salesman in front and myself in the back to fill up with gas. While in the back seat I actually thought the hardtop was letting in a draft so I started feeling around the seams for an air leak. It was actually coming from the front cab vents. The AC was on which was quiet enough I didn't notice it was on. So there is good airflow in the entire cab. Will it keep warm enough in the -20’s we sometimes get in northern Michigan? I’ll let you know!

As far as 0-60 mph, drive mode characteristics, or other drivability questions, I am going to wait until the break in period is over. (1000 miles). I’m almost certain the Bronco is detuned from the factory until the break in period is complete to protect the drivetrain. My mustang was that way and I could feel it once the break in period was complete.

FIT AND FINISH: The overall quality of materials is pretty darn good. The MIC hardtop is easy to take off. The back portion does take 2 people to do but it's actually surprising light. I was able to take off the second row myself but it's not recommended. The top fits together nicely and it's easy to re-install. I had the Bronco out in a steady rain and didn't notice anything that would resemble water leakage. I will say that when washing the Bronco there are a ton of nooks and crannies for water to hide, especially in the MIC top. No leaking but it's a PITA to get the vehicle dry after a wash. Water drips out from the top down the side of the vehicle for a long while. A blower might help but I was trying to use a drying towel and it seemed like a losing battle.

I think the seats are really comfortable and the feel of the MGV seats is nice. I opted for the floor liners and while they are good with good coverage they are more flimsy than say weathertech or husky. I got them for the bronco logos and they snap into place in the front and the rear liner is one piece so that's nice. The rear seats fold down easily. The quality of the hard top case that was supplied is actually really high quality. I dont have the door storage case but I imagine it's the same quality and wouldn’t hesitate to buy them. I do like the looks of the interior and I’m loving the big screen of the high package. It's very responsive compared to my syc3 in my F150. Pretty close to smartphone responsiveness. Audio is ok. A tin can kind of sound but they do offer soundbars as an accessory addon. I do not have the upgraded speakers the lux package has but the sound system is probably the thing I dislike the most but overall it's not a big deal for me. The first time I tried closing the hood it was difficult to do. The spring in the latching mechanism wouldn’t allow the hood to fully seat. I ended up dropping the hood from 3 or 4 feet to get it to latch. I couldn’t even push it shut. I thought maybe it was the bumpers and made adjustments to those but that didn’t do it. I ended up opening and closing the hood several times to work the spring a bit and that seemed to work.
It comes with a prop rod not struts. Not a big deal for me but it might be for some others.
EE0FF4C1-7DCF-4386-8E94-A901D9F0B53E.jpeg

OVERALL: I really love this thing. It's good looking, it's very capable on road and a beast off road. It catches eyes everywhere! People are talking to you at stop lights, approaching you as you are parking asking to look at it. The jeep guys and gals are pretending they don't care as you pass them, but you can tell they are looking out of the corner of their eye trying to catch a look. I know Ford could have done a better job rolling these out but I suspect that the unforeseen issues threw a wrench in their plans and the only option was to delay and delay and delay. I'm a Ford sympathizer and optimist. No one wanted the scenario that we’re in, especially Ford. For crying out loud their factory flooded. They took over the MIC production. I truly believe they are doing everything they can to fulfill customer orders and the hiccups in the rollout will eventually be forgotten and the Bronco will be a hit for years to come. Those willing to wait will be rewarded with an excellent vehicle and if you can't wait and want to buy a jeep or tacoma instead that's fine too. I'll be happy to pull you out on the trail!

I’ll be posting photos and short videos on instagram.

I will try to answer questions the best I can and will post updates on Bronco 6G as they come, good or bad.

If you see me out and about just wave or say hi! I plan to have this thing out on the trails throughout the state of Michigan this summer. Silver lake sandunes, drummond island, etc… Do Bronco owners have a “Bronco wave”? Maybe just number 1 👆🏻?

Delivered 2021 Bronco Badlands Race Red 4-Door MIC Top 3.jpeg .jpeg
did you try the trail turn assist in REVERSE? .... just don't know if its even possible

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
SirBenimen

SirBenimen

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Bronco 2020 GT500 2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
you could do reviews for a living, thank you!
Thank you! I feel like I owe it to the string of future Bronco owners. It’s been hard waiting hearing the bad news week after week. I feel fortunate to have my Bronco but I also feel for the ones that don't. That’s why I’ve vested so much of my time in this. Us Bronco folks have to stick together if we’re going to take down Jeep!

OP
OP
SirBenimen

SirBenimen

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
did you try the trail turn assist in REVERSE? .... just don't know if its even possible
I have not! I will soon! Good call!

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@SirBenimen Congratulations! Your new Rig is sweet! Just curious, when did you get your build date - Vin # email? Did your build date get pushed back / moved up, etc.? Wondering how long it took for you to get your Rig, from the day Ford sent you your build date email? Enjoy and take care!

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you! Great writeup and congrats on your delivery. As a later res holder with so many "deadly sins" in my config looks like I'll be living vicariously for a very long time through posts like yours. Enjoy your ride.

Sponsored
OP
OP
SirBenimen

SirBenimen

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@SirBenimen Congratulations! Your new Rig is sweet! Just curious, when did you get your build date - Vin # email? Did your build date get pushed back / moved up, etc.? Wondering how long it took for you to get your Rig, from the day Ford sent you your build date email? Enjoy and take care!
got the build email on may 12 saying it was scheduled the week of June 7th. Got a second email on may 17 that it was rescheduled to the week of June 14

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They talked to us a bit about the noise with trail turn assist, it does sound exactly like the ABS system engaging because that’s basically what it does! The commented everyone is a little freaked out about it at first but it’s fine.
Thanks for expanding on this a bit!

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

got the build email on may 12 saying it was scheduled the week of June 7th. Got a second email on may 17 that it was rescheduled to the week of June 14
Cool, thanks for following up! Much appreciated! Looking forward to hearing more from you about your beautiful new Rig. 👍

JR007

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice write up. Very similar to what I have ordered. Unfortunately, I don't even have my VIN yet. But some day I will....
Sponsored