Lewisj41

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 bronco, 2017 tacoma, 2008 Rubicon
Clubs

Whoa! That blue is dark. Looks awesome though!!
I feel like this looks closer to the Alto Blue thats on the sport based on Fords colorizer. But who knows with all the different camera settings and lighting.

Screenshot_20200731-100142_Chrome.jpg
Advertisement

JAGSarge

Outer Banks
Staff member
First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former Broncos - 76, 93, 95
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Magma Red
Magma Red is absolutely stunning in the sunlight, so much that I was parked next to a guy in a F150 & rolled down my window to ask him the color risking catching Corona 🤪 , probably not my personal choice b/c I like monochromatic 😆 but yeah that Magma Red is B-E-A-U-TIFUL

It is important!!
Local Dodge dealer told one of their customers that the underbody wash is messing up their Wranglers electronics!
Yes , that's right, one of the worlds premeir offroad vehicles cannot take a bath!
Heard it with my own ears.

(For those not in the know, Jeep did a poor job of waterproofing their electronics on the underside and is having a lot of issues here lately....well documented)
It was their electronic sway bar disconnects that were getting flooded wasn't it? Or were there other parts as well?

Diydner

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Clubs

Antimatter Blue reminds me a LOT of Jay Leno’s Bronco 1968 resto-mod. On his YouTube Garage video on the truck he said he worked with Ford’s heritage division and the blue was a color Ford had used in the past ...

0610AFCB-A784-480D-8CA2-887D72A0CFAB.jpeg
AE40AA1B-347A-4481-A4E6-5D97D6B8E4F2.jpeg

In the video that blues comes across as almost black, like that Antimatter Blue does in the pics.

JK
Ya, after seeing the leaked photo, and Jay Leno's Bronco, I will be going with the same scheme! AMB with white top, white grille and eventually some white wheels! Talk about classic look! I just wish the body painted handles and fenders were at least an option on other trim levels other than Outer Banks. Live in FLA and the black plastic fades like crazy here. Also, would love to have the washout rubber flooring...

Fordboi

Black Diamond
First Name
Cameron
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Clubs

damn that cactus gray 2d looks sooooooo good!:love:

Midnight Blue

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Accord
It definitely looks like the narrow flares. If those really are 35's on it, then it is interesting that 35's may fit even without the big flares. I'm guessing they had to add the big flares for US regulations with the wide tires.
What is the actual function of flares? Why would the tire not fit without massive flares?

They aren’t necessary. And they won’t be on mine. Hideous.

Spooled

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150
Clubs

What is the actual function of flares? Why would the tire not fit without massive flares?

Protects the paint from rocks/debris being thrown up among other things. A lot of states also have laws restricting your tires from sticking out beyond body. So flares are needed.

Southern Girl

Wildtrak
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2013 F-150 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Protects the paint from rocks/debris being thrown up among other things. A lot of states also have laws restricting your tires from sticking out beyond body. So flares are needed.
What states? People do that all the time in FL. That being said, I'm a fan of flares.

Spooled

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150
Clubs

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches

And sometimes if you put wider tires on with narrow flares, the tires will rub when suspension is flexed out. There was some debate whether the wider flares were needed with the 35's of Sasquatch.

Simon629

Big Bend
First Name
Simon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corolla
Mannn idk... I was loving the Antimatter blue on the ford website but it looks way to dark in these pictures. They need to go up a few shades so the blue really comes through but then again you never really know until you see it in person. But then again it doesn’t look this dark on pictures I’ve seen on the sport.

Simon629

Big Bend
First Name
Simon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corolla
I'd be cautious about basing a decision on this pic. Definitely seems like it could look much brighter from different angles or in different light.
Yeah some people just suck ass at taking pictures and don’t know how to get good angles with better lighting in them.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Clubs

Yeah some people just suck ass at taking pictures and don’t know how to get good angles with better lighting in them.
Right now I'll take whatever pics someone can get - take the opportunities you have even if they're less than ideal.

People just need to realize that a quick shot at a random angle isn't going to give them a real sense of most of these exterior colors.

Advertisement

Advertisement