First Look: 2021 Bronco Antimatter Blue and Iconic Silver + 2 Door Cactus Gray

timhood

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
It’s probably just me but it seems like the 4-Door always look better in lighter colors and the 2-door better in darker colors.
It's just you--the two-door looks great no matter what. 😄
Advertisement

Midnight Blue

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Accord
DOT laws require that the full tread of the tire be covered. The wider the tire, the wider the wheel well or fender flare.
Why do you assume that I want my tires to stick out, just because I don’t like massive plastic fenders?

255x85x16 on steelies won’t stick out, even with no fenders.

Besides, there are many requirements that a lot of people don’t follow and nothing happens, namely tint.

timhood

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Why do you assume that I want my tires to stick out, just because I don’t like massive plastic fenders?

255x85x16 on steelies won’t stick out, even with no fenders.

Besides, there are many requirements that a lot of people don’t follow and nothing happens, namely tint.
No assumptions. I was merely explaining why Ford has to have wider fender flares on the vehicles with wider tires. The tires have to be covered. Ford doesn't have the option of choosing which laws they want to break when building a vehicle.

Midnight Blue

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Accord
No assumptions. I was merely explaining why Ford has to have wider fender flares on the vehicles with wider tires. The tires have to be covered. Ford doesn't have the option of choosing which laws they want to break when building a vehicle.
Yes, that’s obvious.

The interesting part, though, is how everyone suddenly wants to follow DOT regs. 🤔

Let’s be honest, those flares are hideous. They weren’t on the EB, weren’t on the OJ Bronco, either.

Wolfsburg

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F-150, 1968 Ford Mustang California Special, 1969 Ford Mustang coupe, 1963 Volkswagen Beetle
I would agree. I hated them when I first saw them in the early leaks but I wondered if they'd grow on me. They still have not. They just look like they were tacked on at the last minute and don't jibe with the rest at all. Certainly a stylistic swing and a miss, as far as I'm concerned.

Cole

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
I wasn’t really thinking about cactus gray, but that matching top looks so clean! Still leaning towards Cyber or Velocity but the top definitely needs to match.

Advertisement

Advertisement