Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can't Ford said we're sorry we can't build your 2dr, oh and the color you ordered in January? It's gone too, thanks FU
You're only allowed 1 complaint per thread. :)
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's another one of those colors you need to see in person. HPR has more of the burnt red orange to it while rapid red is more of darker almost candy apple red vibe to it
Definitely need to see in person. All these photos are confusing with the different hues due to camera/lighting and even between my PC and phone screens. I saw the hot pepper red a few years ago on a Ford Fiesta, and in person it looked more burnt orange.

Jacksonholio

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Tahoe Z71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You're only allowed 1 complaint per thread. :)
Won't stop complaining until Ford reverses their decision for those already ordered :p

Sponsored

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rapid Red and Hot Pepper? Rapid Red is very metallic and only a hint of orange in certain lighting. Hot Pepper is more vibrant and leans more towards orange.

No, I agree with you about HPR and Rapid red, they are not alike, neither is Race Red even close to the same color.

I was referring to the photos you quoted from Spooled, saying they will not look alike in person, but those photos are both of a Race Red Bronco, so I was making a joke.

At least, I think they are both Race Red....:unsure:

Last edited:

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hopefully for those who are still hoping to get their AMB and RR Broncos, these units were painted in some test station Ford has and not one of the MAP sprayers.

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone have a look and see if they updated the rear vents in the back? I still can't believe they don't really have them.

Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I knew that the BD has the capable bumper standard for MY'22. But I was implying that the WT should also have the capable bumper standard for the fog lights which are standard on the MY'21 WT with plastic bumper. I hadn't been following whether the BL will be getting the capable bumper standard for MY'22.

I guess the bigger picture that I'm trying to convey is the possibility that we are back to Franken Broncos to show MY'22 options. With the lack of communication on Ford's part and showing Franken Broncos last year, we were left guessing what options would be included on various trims. Ford's defenders always used the catch-all excuse that they were pre-production Broncos and not to discern one way or the other what was to be expected on production Broncos. Fine. But for MY'22, Ford should be beyond showing off Franken Broncos. The pre-production Bronco excuse is dead. If Ford is showing a body-color keypad on a MY'22 WT, then it should be expected that will be the standard (body-color) on all keypads for MY'22. Likewise, the door handles on the WT.
Gotcha. I'd have to imagine the plastic bumper w/ foglights is still standard on WT, but now with the option to upgrade to either the modular or capable. Don't disagree that it would've been nice to have capable standard on WT.

I also say they better not be pulling body color handles from WT.

I'll wait to reserve judgement until we see the updated '22 order guide, though. That's where we'll get full answers.

The painted keypad definitely looks better - has me considering the factory option now. The black eyesore before was a no-go plastered on the door. At least this looks a bit more integrated.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Gotcha. I'd have to imagine the plastic bumper w/ foglights is still standard on WT, but now with the option to upgrade to either the modular or capable. Don't disagree that it would've been nice to have capable standard on WT.

I also say they better not be pulling body color handles from WT.

I'll wait to reserve judgement until we see the updated '22 order guide, though. That's where we'll get full answers.

The painted keypad definitely looks better - has me considering the factory option now. The black eyesore before was a no-go plastered on the door. At least this looks a bit more integrated.
With regards to the keypad - I've been a big critic of it as it looks like a sticky tootsie roll slapped on the side as an afterthought. But after reading about the costs of having it programmed by the dealership when ordering as an accessory, it ends up being more expensive than getting it from the factory. If it was body color, I may just leave it. But for MY'22, I plan on adding the keypad from the factory and then removing/relocating it via fishing line and new adhesive.

And you are correct, the order guide (hopefully tomorrow from Blue Oval Forums) will be the definitive answer.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

With regards to the keypad - I've been a big critic of it as it looks like a sticky tootsie roll slapped on the side as an afterthought. But after reading about the costs of having it programmed by the dealership when ordering as an accessory, it ends up being more expensive than getting it from the factory. If it was body color, I may just leave it. But for MY'22, I plan on adding the keypad from the factory and then removing/relocating it via fishing line and new adhesive.

And you are correct, the order guide (hopefully tomorrow from Blue Oval Forums) will be the definitive answer.
That's not a bad idea about relocating the factory version somewhere else - never thought about that to be honest.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A possible idea I just thought of regarding the unpainted handles/mirror caps on WT - I wonder if it's possible they're bundling painted ones into one of the option packages? Like Lux or something - and maybe doing this across trim lines. i.e. anyone that orders lux on WT or BL gets painted handles/mirror caps? Just an idea.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's not a bad idea about relocating the factory version somewhere else - never thought about that to be honest.
I think I've seen a MY'21 delivery where they relocated it to the B-pillar to blend in better. But there are a few that have sized up the interior of the fuel door for relocation.
Sponsored