Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi S5 Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The four door without flares looks a bit like a Hummer H2 from the side. I'm going 2 door though so I'll have to experiment with it.
Sponsored

Ruffnuts

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat, 2007 mustang gt, 82 f100
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I like my paint job so I won't be removing those fender flares

TXRancher

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I live in the country, my driveway is gravel and obviously the ranch is all rock/dirt roads. I am quite familiar with the sound of rocks bouncing off the wheel wells. At least 30% of the vehicles I see on a daily basis are trucks with a little poke and never have I had my windshield chipped by a rock thrown by one of those.

That said, I have two chips in my windshield that I replaced about 18 months ago and both came from sports cars with sticky tires throwing pebbles on the highway. Neither were poked but those sticky tires love throwing little rocks. I would never expect a sports car to wear stiff rubber so it is what it is.

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was thinking about having my undercarriage line-x'd. How about getting the flares done with a bit of the coating? Might protect them a bit and make them less cheap-looking?

Sponsored

Longshot

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Whoever can make the attachments lockable/theft proof, I‘ll place an order now......I know I’m not going to be happy the first time I see my truck with a fender or two missing.
Was thinking the same thing... As soon as it gets around the flares come off in two minutes, they will be disappearing left and right! Definitely need a retention system...

JRB45833

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I like the look better w/o the flares, but probably wouldn't run around without them as it would just result in the paint getting chipped up bad on the sides from gravel getting kicked up. To me the flares just look like an afterthought on Ford's part rather than an intentional design. Even most aftermarket oversize flares are better blended/incorporated into the original lines.

Fortunately I'm sure it won't take long for the aftermarket to come out with something that will look better and provide a little more tire clearance as the stock ones look fairly thick.

My preference is still the Saleen flared front fenders and rear quarters as shown on their Big Oly tribute. Should be a bolt-on installation and gives the Bronco that awesome pre-runner look, assuming they'd be willing to sell them separately as parts.

Ford Bronco First Look at 2021 Bronco With No Fender Flares (Removed) & Tab / Bolt Removal Video SALEEN-BRONCO-front-scaled

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I like the look better w/o the flares, but probably wouldn't run around without them as it would just result in the paint getting chipped up bad on the sides from gravel getting kicked up. To me the flares just look like an afterthought on Ford's part rather than an intentional design. Even most aftermarket oversize flares are better blended/incorporated into the original lines.

Fortunately I'm sure it won't take long for the aftermarket to come out with something that will look better and provide a little more tire clearance as the stock ones look fairly thick.

My preference is still the Saleen flared front fenders and rear quarters as shown on their Big Oly tribute. Should be a bolt-on installation and gives the Bronco that awesome pre-runner look, assuming they'd be willing to sell them separately as parts.

Ford Bronco First Look at 2021 Bronco With No Fender Flares (Removed) & Tab / Bolt Removal Video SALEEN-BRONCO-front-scaled
I like that and can see my bank account getting smaller if these become available. Too many cool ways to personalize our Broncos, this is going to get stupid expensive if you don’t have a lot of self control.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What? Seriously? LOL. No, ill get a BD or Sasquatch and take my flares off if I want to.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for sharing those pics. I think the Sas flares don’t look right. Curious how stock flares would look with 35s. I think if you go with no flares, you better have XPEL or something on the paint
Bingo, I think stock flares with the 35s is the ticket.

Sponsored

ohohsteven

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Easy removal is nice for the trails. The look is ugly, but who cares offroad

Brando1

Wildtrak
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 911, 2001 Land Cruiser, 2008 CLS63, 2008 135i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not gonna lie, I'm kinda feeling that.

BillyGoat

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Taurus Ltd. - Company Sled & Wife’s Lexus
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Gonna be a huge black market on “permanently borrowed“ Bronco flares.
Yeppers, probably by a bunch of envious heep owners.:unsure:

Fords gotta have some of those fender no flares available like they put on the F-150? At least something to cover the holes right? But then I digress and realize that I too work for a mfg and that DOT will definitely require them to have flares for tires beyond the fender wall.