First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Backspace will need to be greater than any of the wheels offered, and the wheel well depth measured, to get the widest possible tire and not have the tire proud of the body.

Love the narrow body look with no flares.
I hope they offer body colored trim kits.
This could be a little more vintage look.
I hope someone does a bunch of Photoshop studies.

Anyone know the backspace of the existing wheel options?

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I kinda want a bunch of sets so they can be painted different colors or maybe graphics on em. Maybe one set thats all stickers. Get different looks when I have different tops on or doors off.

Sponsored

Andrew Bynum

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Toyota Camry CE
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks like we have different views on what angles rocks can fly off a tire. Cool.
Looks like you’re just going to gobble up whatever bs your fed. Cool.

The fenders are there for Ford to meet Nancy requirements and you’re out here going hardline for Nancy.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks like you’re just going to gobble up whatever bs your fed. Cool.

The fenders are there for Ford to meet Nancy requirements and you’re out here going hardline for Nancy.
I’m not sure what bs I’m gobbling up. I provided some personal experience from years of driving around gravel throwing trucks and I said that I think the flares would help from hitting other people’s cars. If I see some tires sticking out from the body, I don’t send my dash cam footage to the police or confront the person at the next stoplight. I don’t go around passing out flyers warning people about their lack of compliance to vehicle regulations. I just avoid driving behind them if I can help it. Don’t read too much into it.

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

:cool:First Generation Bronco Owners put on Finder Flairs and I guess 6 Generation Owners will take them OFF.

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Fender flairs stop rocks, dirt, mud, etc from flying... All of those rocks on gravel roads that you hear hitting your wheel wells are proof of that.

BearWithMe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Bronco without flares looks like the typical brodozer running aftermarket faux beadlock wheels with inappropriate offset, resulting in a lot of wheel poke.

Sponsored

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco without flares looks like the typical brodozer running aftermarket faux beadlock wheels with inappropriate offset, resulting in a lot of wheel poke.
That's why if you want to build a "narrow body" - you need to change the wheels to have proper backspace.
Sort of an OEM slab side & Steelies look vs the look of you have big plans to have amazing adventure
Just need proper backspace.
Goal to achieve a "narrow body" that looks even more throwback
Says Suburban nothing to prove.....vs Captain Adventure

1200x800.jpg

passenger_front_34-6-1225x815.jpg

Todkavonic

First Edition
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW, Ducati, Guzzi, and the Jeep.
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I could see not hating a low-profile, but still present flare. The complete absence looks unfinished though. A flush cover to hide the attachment points, unless done very well, would look like an afterthought. Bondo and paint would at least result in something that looks deliberate. And I definitely agree that any modding needs to be done soon after delivery because of damage from debris. That's just good advice

All in all, because we're all just giving a opinion, the Brodozer thing isn't appealing to me. It looks contrived, like you're trying too hard, brah.

Nate

Last edited:

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So is it the wheel wells or the fender flares that are stopping the rocks?
Both.
Flares essentially extend the wheel wells.
If you delete the flares you need to get wheels with proper offset so the wheels don't hang outside the body.

It's so weird that so many people here react to flare delete idea - by saying that you will then throw rocks.

If you want to delete flares, it would be short sighted not to change the wheels.

Not just for safety
But also because it would look bad to have wheels hanging outside the body

Andrew Bynum

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Toyota Camry CE
Your Bronco Model
Base
Both.
Flares essentially extend the wheel wells.
If you delete the flares you need to get wheels with proper offset so the wheels don't hang outside the body.

It's so weird that so many people here react to flare delete idea - by saying that you will then throw rocks.

If you want to delete flares, it would be short sighted not to change the wheels.

Not just for safety
But also because it would look bad to have wheels hanging outside the body
Why do you assume that anyone here wants their wheels hanging outside the body? Are you the only person in the world that knows about offsetting tires? Can’t someone just say the fender flares look cheap and don’t want them without all the Nancys chiming in about a nonexistent issue of rocks?

Also, the fender flares aren’t actually doing much about rocks. Look at the back of any truck, regardless of whether it has flares, and you’ll see a whole lot of tire. If you’re really concerned about kicking rocks, you’d be talking about mud flaps. But you’re not. So why all the posts here about kicking rocks and none about mud flaps? Seems a bit disingenuous.
Sponsored