First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love the overlander concept... but come on Ford how about something else while we wait for orders being built...we have seen this bronco over and over and over...
Something different now...please..

srick76

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, 69 Bronco, Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You can also see the 2 door in the background. It’s the shadow black badlands with the tube doors that has been around for a long time now. So much for getting to see something new.
One thing I don't get, they stress all the time "this is pre production so the finishes might be different" etc.. but then they continue to show these same vehicles. I know they say that as a disclaimer in the event they decide to change something before May but still, I would if it's going to a car show for people to fall all over, they would have something that just came off the line to be as close to production as possible. Although, maybe these are, IDK

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
One thing I don't get, they stress all the time "this is pre production so the finishes might be different" etc.. but then they continue to show these same vehicles. I know they say that as a disclaimer in the event they decide to change something before May but still, I would if it's going to a car show for people to fall all over, they would have something that just came off the line to be as close to production as possible. Although, maybe these are, IDK
I think it's because the overlander concept Is still quite the looker

GO_SOONERS_TXSUX!

Wildtrak
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'll be there Saturday. Will they let people sit in it?

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Area 51 BL in the photo looks Squached to me. Look at the fenders and the gap above the 35’s. Just my opinion.
It is not.
Talked about it probably a couple hundred times since last fall when it was unveiled on the forum (long buried topics I am sure).

Definitely not squatched.
Stock BL with 35 and AM wheels.

Edit: Clarification. Stock suspension BL. Still a Frankenstein build of sorts.
If you put 35's on your stock BL, this is the articulation clearance you will have until you lift it.
And yes, this is my plan.
Already bought the wheels and tires, waiting on the vehicle.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is not.
Talked about it probably a couple hundred times since last fall when it was unveiled on the forum (long buried topics I am sure).

Definitely not squatched.
Stock BL with 35 and AM wheels.

Edit: Clarification. Stock suspension BL. Still a Frankenstein build of sorts.
If you put 35's on your stock BL, this is the articulation clearance you will have until you lift it.
And yes, this is my plan.
Already bought the wheels and tires, waiting on the vehicle.
I'm not even sure we can say with certainty that it's got the stock BL suspension. Sure it's got a BL sticker on it, but I remember some conversation with the builders where they stated they had "planned on a lift" but ran out of parts, or time, or both.

Definitely not squatched, but maybe not even higher than the base suspension... this thing was a rushed frakenbuild from the start.

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not even sure we can say with certainty that it's got the stock BL suspension. Sure it's got a BL sticker on it, but I remember some conversation with the builders where they stated they had "planned on a lift" but ran out of parts, or time, or both.

Definitely not squatched, but maybe not even higher than the base suspension... this thing was a rushed frakenbuild from the start.
True.
I think the consensus back then was that as far as it was known it was supposedly a stock BL complete non-Squatch setup.
So many off-kilter mismatch going on then, I don't think it was ever clarified for 100%.
I think the only thing that was known was that it had zero lift enhancement .
I like the fender openings full of tire, I think it comes from my old school 15" wheels and the biggest, nastiest tire you could fit.
Used to wheel like that and it was almost like a flotation tire in deep mud that way vs. digging down traction on what lies under that mud.
I am very amped to get back into the capability to sling some mud/ dust up a trail again.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looking at other new vehicle releases, don't they always parade around the same concept or model?

I'm thinking of Tesla as an example and there really isn't much that distinguishes their public appearances

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, that was my reaction when I learned it was BL Overlander. Not super excited about a 7hour round trip road trip just see that. (Also, did the interior girls get demoted and put in charge of Auto Show display and lighting?? Who the hell showcases a vehicle using that awful lighting where it washes out the vehicle, wtf?)

My hoping is, now that TX is about to be full on open, the TBD of the Dallas auto show gets determined and soon.

srotier

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 2 Door; 2017 Dodge Durango GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Area 51 BL in the photo looks Squached to me. Look at the fenders and the gap above the 35’s. Just my opinion.
It's stock badlands, sasquatch fenders and a different wheel offset than stock to fit the 35's. That's what I remember being said about that particular set up.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.