Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon / 2021 Bronco: Badlands/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My buddy who sells commercial vehicles said electric transit is going to be a game changer. Truly a well thought out ride by Ford.
We have a lot of them at my work and they are pretty great work vans. If the electric is done well, then that will be awesome.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are you implying that the working men and women of America with a median salary of 60K don't have 75k for a pickup? :)
No, I'm saying it will be worse than that, just give it time. ;)

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When he told the reporter to step in front of the car as he stepped on it I nearly peed myself! :ROFLMAO: Also, is Biden a car guy? Or is it just a Ford marketing/publicity thing?

Can’t imagine how fast the acceleration is in person if it looked that fast in the video! I feel like videos never do things like that justice.
I'm pretty sure Biden owns and drive a 60s Vette convertible. Want to say I've heard him talk about being on a track aswell. I really want to see him him offroading a Bronco now. You can be interested in saving the planet and be a car guy too. Some of the most protective environmentalists are the OG overlanders.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not worthy of the Lightning name.
Almost twice as fast as the first gen, and almost 2 seconds faster than the sexy gen.

It does need a drop and a body kit though. And absolutely needs a 2dr.

Sponsored

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
My buddy who sells commercial vehicles said electric transit is going to be a game changer. Truly a well thought out ride by Ford.
It is the sweet spot for Ford.
Same thing with the F-150. It is designed as a comfortable WORK place, not as a "dystopian lifestyle vehicle" like the Triangle Truck.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
The convenience argument over electric vs gas is so often repeated that I wish people would just get over it. They are different technologies with different strengths and weaknesses and with all the hybrid stuff out there you can try to enjoy both together(thought that presents it's own separate problems).

If you park at night somewhere where you can charge and you do not drive excessively. And you rarely go on long road trips then an EV is undoubtedly going to be fine for your needs.

If you don't live somewhere where charging is convenient or you go on long frequent roadtrips an EV will probably be inconvenient.

EVs will probably have fewer mechanical issues. Gas vehicles are less likely to leave you stranded. Hybrids are goofy and complicated but convenient and get excellent gas mileage(in stop and go traffic) and some have a lot of power in exchange for that complexity.
Excellent post! Thanks!

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm pretty sure Biden owns and drive a 60s Vette convertible. Want to say I've heard him talk about being on a track aswell. I really want to see him him offroading a Bronco now. You can be interested in saving the planet and be a car guy too. Some of the most protective environmentalists are the OG overlanders.
Believe the science; humans (all animals) adapt to the climate, not the other way around...

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Believe the science; humans (all animals) adapt to the climate, not the other way around...
If masks are hard to get people to wear hows it gonna be when we need A/C suits and air purifiers to go outside. Not to mention taking our radiation pills. Or are we just going to move underground and live off geothermal? Is that what they have been building in Missouri since the early 2000s?

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If masks are hard to get people to wear hows it gonna be when we need A/C suits and air purifiers to go outside. Not to mention taking our radiation pills. Or are we just going to move underground and live off geothermal? Is that what they have been building in Missouri since the early 2000s?
Humans appeared on the planet because the climate changed. The planet is going to burn to a crisp in about 6 billion years based on the scientific data gathered for the past 200 years or so from people who spend their time studying the Universe and the stars within it that are of the same class as our sun.

Further, the Milkyway Galaxy (the one Earth is in) is going to crash into the Andromeda Galaxy in a few billion years. The planetary gravitational set of our solar system will be affected by that event as well. The Earth has the climate it has because of these interstellar rules that dictated what the Earth's atmosphere is comprised of based on the Earths size and material composition and the size and energy expulsion rate of our sun. The placement of the Earth from the sun is based on its mass and the mass of the other planets in the solar system. Once the balance of the system is altered, the Earth's climate will drastically change.

So saying or believing politicians can force all of those interstellar forces to remain constant for the next several billions of years and "save the planet" is just ignorant of the science. Converting all cars to EV and buildings to LEED compliance is akin to trying to pick fly shit out from pepper.

So just buy your Bronco, drive it around as much as you want, and stop worrying about the planet. Just try not to run over any turtles 🙂

Last edited:

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

0-60 in 4.4 seconds is a full second faster than the Raptor and very close to the TRX Ram.
But, yeah, it does not go the speed of light.
Lightning should be a single cab short bed sport/muscle truck. Both the Gen-1 and Gen-2 Lightnings actually handled quite well. This electric truck is huge and likely weighs 6000+ lbs. My bone stock 2000 Lightning ran 13.8 @ 103mph. It weighed 4900lbs with me in it. No issues with an electric truck. This issue is calling it a Lightning.

Correct Lightning recipe: Single cab, short bed, 7.3L blown Godzilla, 10-Spd or possible 7spd-dct from GT500, 20x10's front with a 295-305 tire, 20x12 rear with a 325-345 tire.
Sponsored