First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Bronco, 19/21 F150 screw, 21/22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Red one looks like my ordered one I should have in June...
Sponsored

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Lightning should be a single cab short bed sport/muscle truck. Both the Gen-1 and Gen-2 Lightnings actually handled quite well. This electric truck is huge and likely weighs 6000+ lbs. My bone stock 2000 Lightning ran 13.8 @ 103mph. It weighed 4900lbs with me in it. No issues with an electric truck. This issue is calling it a Lightning.

Correct Lightning recipe: Single cab, short bed, 7.3L blown Godzilla, 10-Spd or possible 7spd-dct from GT500, 20x10's front with a 295-305 tire, 20x12 rear with a 325-345 tire.
Just want to make sure you are getting the Bronco 2-Door, because if I use the transitive property and project your rules, a Bronco cannot have 4-Doors.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So the specs got leaked out before the reveal starts at 39 a d the xlt trim is in the 50000 plus range rows 10000 pounds max and has a frunk that holds a lot has 560 hp

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford nailed the lightning IMO

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Up to $10K Point of Sale Rebate coming soon...
Ford Bronco First look at production F-150 Lightning EV. 2021 Broncos make a cameo Screen Shot 2021-05-19 at 11.02.14 PM

Sponsored

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
First Edition hopeful here...

Waiting for the complaints on this things MSRP, lol. Starting at $80K? 100K?
Starting at 39 and change for a base truck.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, pleasantly surprised, but the "as shown" when I reserved was in the 90s, so I'm counting it as a win today; need one.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just watched the presentation. Those had to be the absolute worst spokes people ever. Looks like a cool electric truck. It is not a Lightning. But Ford also made an electric SUV and calls it a Mustang. 300 mile range is disappointing. My property in Montana is 600 miles door to door. In my Raptor it is a 9 hour trip with no fuel stops. In the "Lightning" it now takes 2 days. Progress? The independent rear suspension is very interesting. 20 charging points (assuming USB ports) and 11 outlets?

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
With a couple Broncos making a guest appearance.

Ford Bronco First look at production F-150 Lightning EV. 2021 Broncos make a cameo Screen Shot 2021-05-19 at 11.02.14 PM
Thank you thank you white house for giving us the Ford Bronco, I will forever be grateful you can count on my vote forever. Please let me know asap when you pass your green new deal. I will gladly turn over my Bronco to be used for essential use only.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just watched the presentation. Those had to be the absolute worst spokes people ever. Looks like a cool electric truck. It is not a Lightning. But Ford also made an electric SUV and calls it a Mustang. 300 mile range is disappointing. My property in Montana is 600 miles door to door. In my Raptor it is a 9 hour trip with no fuel stops. In the "Lightning" it now takes 2 days. Progress? The independent rear suspension is very interesting. 20 charging points (assuming USB ports) and 11 outlets?
Lightening is electricity seems like a great choice of name to me. It probably takes 9 hours to fuel up that Raptor, especially if you do it at Costco.

Sponsored

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
People are forking megabucks for trucks today. Seriously I fail to understand why people want all that fancy stuff on a trunk. I'll take base any day.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Humans appeared on the planet because the climate changed. The planet is going to burn to a crisp in about 6 billion years based on the scientific data gathered for the past 200 years or so from people who spend their time studying the Universe and the stars within it that are of the same class as our sun.

Further, the Milkyway Galaxy (the one Earth is in) is going to crash into the Andromeda Galaxy in a few billion years. The planetary gravitational set of our solar system will be affected by that event as well. The Earth has the climate it has because of these interstellar rules that dictated what the Earth's atmosphere is comprised of based on the Earths size and material composition and the size and energy expulsion rate of our sun. The placement of the Earth from the sun is based on its mass and the mass of the other planets in the solar system. Once the balance of the system is altered, the Earth's climate will drastically change.

So saying or believing politicians can force all of those interstellar forces to remain constant for the next several billions of years and "save the planet" is just ignorant of the science. Converting all cars to EV and buildings to LEED compliance is akin to trying to pick fly shit out from pepper.

So just buy your Bronco, drive it around as much as you want, and stop worrying about the planet. Just try not to run over any turtles 🙂
Not only that, contrary to popular believe electricity doesn't come for a wall socket.

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base

BoomerBarnes

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If the Broncos are there to announce an EV version of the Bronco in '22 sign me up

A small part of me feels like buying a car with an internal combustion engine is like buying a VCR in the mid 90's. DVD's haven't taken over yet, but everyone sees them coming.

Thats my concern. Planning in buying a new vehicle in March of 22, but my area isn't feasible for full electric. I wish ford would go the jeep route and get a plug in option.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Demand soars for Ford's all-electric F-150 Lightning: 100,000 orders placed
Phoebe Wall Howard
Detroit Free Press

https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...lectric-demand-reservation-orders/7633277002/

Ford Motor Co. hit another milestone with its all-electric 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning.

The company has confirmed reaching 100,000 reservations since its global debut three weeks ago at world headquarters in Dearborn.

"We're super excited about the demand," Emma Bergg, Ford spokeswoman, told the Free Press on Thursday. "Reservations are getting added all the time."

The official order bank opens later this year, she said.

The automaker accepts $100 refundable reservations to place an order for the 2022 pickup truck that will be built in a new $700 million plant at the Rouge Complex.

Making online refundable reservation orders is part of a new protocol for carmakers. Ford did the same with its all-electric Mustang Mach-E.

Meanwhile, Ford is touting its ability to recruit top talent to develop the latest digital technology as the company increases its all-electric and hybrid vehicle options.

Ford CEO Jim Farley has said the company will use data and software expertise on a scale the industry hasn't seen. This is a key part of a strategy to offer digital services and subscription revenue that changes car sales from a one-time transaction process.

Industry analysts and the media have wondered whether the Ford team can find the talent it needs to lead a high-tech era.

Recruiting from Google

"At its core, at Ford we're solving big challenges, right? Tremendous challenges. We're sitting at a point the industry that's transforming and a company that's transforming. We find that getting the software talent into Ford with that kind of a challenge is actually an easy proposition," Alex Purdy, director of business operations, enterprise connectivity, told reporters during a call on Capital Markets Day on May 26.

"I was trying to recruit somebody from Google just last week and they're coming from a business that encourages consumers to click on ads. We're coming from a business that is going to bring mobility to a whole new generation," he said.

"I think it's because of the challenge that we have success and we've had some really good luck getting the talent. But there's a lot more in front of us," Purdy said. "We have over 6,000 software engineers today at Ford and, of those, 600 of them have joined us really in 2021. We still have a lot more to go. But we think that the challenge, and the path we just laid out in terms of a strategy, is a compelling reason for talent to come and join us."

Consumers have moved from enhancing technology at home to asking for more technology in their vehicles. That means carmakers need software engineering talent.

Silicon Valley companies have taken great pride in the quality of their software engineers, including all-electric carmaker Tesla.

Will those brilliant minds so in demand in California work for a legacy automaker?

"What we're learning as we go through this process ... it's not the talent outside Ford coming to Ford is a challenge, actually," Farley told reporters after his May 26 presentation to Wall Street analysts. "The challenge is reorienting Ford to think about software experiences before we think about anything else. That's the change. That's the really big opportunity for us ... throughout the organization."

And while analysts and investors often ask about potential partners, Farley revealed different technology plans for retail customers and commercial customers.

When it comes to Ford Pro Business, "I don't think that ecosystem will be partnered. "That is something Ford will do," he said. "It's not one size fits all. We'll probably have a much smaller footprint of partners on the technology side because that's an ecosystem we want to build at Ford."

A surge in software engineers

The automaker had more than 7,000 software engineers in the U.S. and Canada working on design, architecture, data, testing and other technical and infrastructure roles as of Thursday, said Marisa Bradley, Ford spokeswoman.

Farley, who took the helm as CEO on Oct. 1, began the push to hire software engineers in a previous role at the company leading technology. Former CEO Jim Hackett announced in April 2019 an enhanced focus on new business, technology and big data.

"We have hired 600 software engineers this year alone, so that is certainly more than we have in one year before," Bradley said. "The push started before Jim Farley became CEO, but he was in the new business role, so he certainly was a catalyst."

Ford sells about 1 million Ford F-Series pickups each year.

Contact Phoebe Wall Howard at [email protected] or call/text 313-618-1034.Follow her on Twitter@phoebesaid. Read more on Ford and sign up for our autos newsletter.
Sponsored