Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the Broncos are there to announce an EV version of the Bronco in '22 sign me up

A small part of me feels like buying a car with an internal combustion engine is like buying a VCR in the mid 90's. DVD's haven't taken over yet, but everyone sees them coming.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the Broncos are there to announce an EV version of the Bronco in '22 sign me up

A small part of me feels like buying a car with an internal combustion engine is like buying a VCR in the mid 90's. DVD's haven't taken over yet, but everyone sees them coming.
Then why not wait for the blu-ray and skip the DVD-EVs?

Or skip right to torrenting a vehicle?

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dear Ford, do this to the Expedition, please.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dear Ford, does this to the Expedition, please.
Farley is pretty clear that Ford is going to try and be the electric vehicle leader. If it’s in their lineup... it’s gonna be electric.

I have a feeling our Broncos are going to be the last new gas powered vehicles for many of us.

BandofEskimoBrothers

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My buddy who sells commercial vehicles said electric transit is going to be a game changer. Truly a well thought out ride by Ford.
Ford makes so much on the transit van. Been crushing it in europe with it for ages. I think they are now the global leader in commercial van sales.

They really have that market and design locked down.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Farley is pretty clear that Ford is going to try and be the electric vehicle leader. If it’s in their lineup... it’s gonna be electric.

I have a feeling our Broncos are going to be the last new gas powered vehicles for many of us.
If they offer this on the Expedition in the next couple of years, it will likely be our first EV. I'll still keep the Bronco for me and the Expedition Lightning will be for my wife.

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't like the front end/grille, but I love the thought of an electric f150!

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
If they offer this on the Expedition in the next couple of years, it will likely be our first EV. I'll still keep the Bronco for me and the Expedition Lightning will be for my wife.
Long term 10+ years out I’d love to turn my Bronco into a 4800 Ultra4 and buy a lightning F-150 to tow it and as a daily. Will be interesting to see how charging infrastructure progresses over the next 10 years to make that a more viable plan.

Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Long term 10+ years out I’d love to turn my Bronco into a 4800 Ultra4 and buy a lightning F-150 to tow it and as a daily. Will be interesting to see how charging infrastructure progresses over the next 10 years to make that a more viable plan.
Totally agree. That is what has held me back from even considering to go all EV. Honestly, I like everything about EVs except the charging infrastructure (and it wouldn't hurt if they could come up with faster charging so a "recharge fill-up" can be done in less than 15 minutes or so).

Low Hammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ford Bronco First look at production F-150 Lightning EV. 2021 Broncos make a cameo 1621369585867

Electric F-150 looks like a design miss to me. You'd think that image is poorly photoshopped with the signature lighting, but it's just a video screenshot. Electric vehicles don't need Intercooler bumpers(yes I realize they are probably using it to cool the batteries) or grilles so they look awkward and out of place.

Ford is currently marketing it's electric vehicles like they are scared ICE customers wont want them; like they are inferior to ICE vehicles. That's a big mistake because it sends the message Ford doesn't trust their own vehicle designs. They need to double down on what electric vehicles do well IE instant torque, less style restrictions, topped off every night, convenient power on tap, quiet ride. Instead I think Ford is focusing on downplaying what they suck at(no cool engine noises, range anxiety, fears that customers are losing out on the mustang/f-150 heritage buying something new from the ground up).

Hey Ford. Stop marketing your electric cars to ICE customers that don't want an EV. Market them to customers that actually want an EV in that segment.

Last edited:

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dammit, every time I see Race Red I love it more. Wish I could have gotten my wife onboard. Alas, it's Concrete, oops, Cactus Gray for me. 😭
I'm pretty sure that is Rapid Red and not Race Red?

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've actually 3D printed an F-150 before. I've got the STL around here somewhere...
mind you, it was 1/87 scale. ;)

The Memedalorian

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Chevys
Your Bronco Model
Base

I'm holding out hope that the rumors of the PHEV Rangers for Australia will lead to an eventual PHEV Bronco.
Sponsored