WarDamnBravos

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This guy gets it. Its all about the versatility to take the top off at a moments notice or put it back up when its blowing your dates hair around too much. Soft top for life.
The whole idea of this vehicle for me, is to drive around topless. You cant store the back clam shell in the vehicle. So that means your truck is getting wet if you get caught somewhere in the rain.

With a soft top, you have everything on board so you can open or close based on the temp or weather. I agree, it's never going to look as good as a hard top.

I'm getting a 2door and hope to get something like a sunrider top. Best of both worlds. But honestly. I'd prefer a nice soft top.

If ford did a sky touch automatic top, I'd probably get that.

Screenshot_20200720-203045_Google.jpg
Sponsored

beachztt

Wildtrak
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor- Tuxedo Black, 2017 Jeep JKU Rubicon Hard Rock- Built
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That is why we run the soft top all summer. We spend a lot of time on trail and Colorado trails are usually dusty as this is an extremely arid climate in the summer. Sometimes we tolerate eating dust most of the day and usually have to flip the front portion closed to shade the sun at least part of time. It is nice to be able to flip the top open and closed from the driver seat. We usually pull the back window and rear quarter windows when we air down for a run. We do not have the sun rider and that is an even easier operation.

We get a pretty substantial amount of snow in the winter and will likely be using the Bronco to pull an enclosed snowmobile trailer. For those reasons, I prefer to have a hard top for the winter.

I hope to be able to build that same versatility into my B6G options.

Covfefe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I am outside of chicago so, definitely need it to hold up to snow and ice.
My Mustang soft top has gone through 5 north east winters already and it's still holding up strong. Their soft top design has gone a long way and I go through touchless auto washes weekly

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dark Knight

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I regretted mine as well. I removed that big clunky clamshell within 2 weeks of purchase and never put it back on.
I was going to do the same. but then i saw the reveal for this bronco. and dammit. not spending another dollar on the jeep. getting my bronco.

Sponsored

Norsman

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™ve had a Rubicon now for 5 years, I have never taken the doors off or the hard top... I want to really bad but just donā€™t know where is put them. I know, there are wall mount and ceiling hoists... Iā€™m definitely getting set up to take the top and doors of my Bronco and I want the soft top and hopefully soft doors as an option as well as the hard top.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't think I could ever own another vehicle that was soft top only, so I'm absolutely getting a hard top. That said, I do like the versatility options the soft top would bring at times.

From what I've read, sounds like the 4 door comes standard with the soft top. If you get a hard top, it's an addition - not a replacement - so you have both. (Plus whatever aftermarket options are released).

This did raise a practical question for me though. We know the clamshell section won't fit in the cargo area when removed, but I'm wondering if it will fit (along with the rest of the hard top sections) with the rear seats folded down.

If it doesn't, then getting your brand new 4 door Bronco with both roofs home from the dealer suddenly gets more complicated...

Zap74

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3. Volkswagen Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The two door not available with a soft top option? Whats up with that? Hope Bestop comes up with, an after market solution... : )
Just reading about the soft top here!

Ford has the rights to the Bestop soft top for the Bronco It is twill not vinyl! You cannot purchase a soft top from bestop for the Bronco only through Ford accessories!

4F8C6A22-2516-471F-9D18-108CE37D5AD1.png

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs