Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I live in Phoenix.. so we don't get much weather other than kinda hot and really hot. But I had zero problems with my soft top. It held up in rain just fine. Not sure about snow.

I will say this.... as we are most likely sure aftermarket products will be available... it is really easy to add/switch to an aftermarket (like Bestop) soft top down the road. It is not going to be cheap or easy to add a hard top down the road.
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I am outside of chicago so, definitely need it to hold up to snow and ice.
Sponsored

enro

Black Diamond
First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think people who are new to "soft" and "hard" tops are going to learn real quickly how inconvenient a hard top is. I definitely regret the hard top on my jeep.
I regretted mine as well. I removed that big clunky clamshell within 2 weeks of purchase and never put it back on.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think people who are new to "soft" and "hard" tops are going to learn real quickly how inconvenient a hard top is. I definitely regret the hard top on my jeep.
I regretted mine too. Would keep it off for 9-10 months out of the year. But I'm open to the Bronco one since it's more modular.

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just FYI, these were options that someone found for tops on the Ford site. For me I think 2dr hard top and Bimini might be ok if Bimini can work if caught in the rain.

ABAAQ Top - Mesh Shade Top
ABAAR Top - Bimini Soft Top
ABAAS Top - Bimini Soft Top and Canvas Soft Top
ABAAT Top - Bimini Soft Top and Mesh Shade Top
ABAAU Top - Canvas Soft Top and Mesh Shade Top
ABAAV Top - Bimini Soft Top, Canvas Soft Top and Mesh Shade Top

Sponsored

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On the Jeep I can see that. With a 2 door Bronco, it seems easier with the windows being separate??? Also thought I read that the panels can be stored on board. Was that just the 2 above the front seats??

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just FYI, these were options that someone found for tops on the Ford site. For me I think 2dr hard top and Bimini might be ok if Bimini can work if caught in the rain.

ABAAQ Top - Mesh Shade Top
ABAAR Top - Bimini Soft Top
ABAAS Top - Bimini Soft Top and Canvas Soft Top
ABAAT Top - Bimini Soft Top and Mesh Shade Top
ABAAU Top - Canvas Soft Top and Mesh Shade Top
ABAAV Top - Bimini Soft Top, Canvas Soft Top and Mesh Shade Top
Wow 3 diff soft tops? I gotta see what they all look like before I rush to judgement

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On the Jeep I can see that. With a 2 door Bronco, it seems easier with the windows being separate??? Also thought I read that the panels can be stored on board. Was that just the 2 above the front seats??
Depends, the rear cargo area (of a 4 door) can hold all 4 doors and nothing else.

For a 2 door you could prob stow the two panels over the driver and passenger seating area in the back. But there’s no set “place” for it like the oven tray slots in the back of the 4-door

Dark Knight

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want to be able to fold the top back and throw the doors in the back. I can't throw the doors in the back if its holding the hard top panels.

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But there’s no set “place” for it like the oven tray slots in the back of the 4-door
Are there actually slots the doors go into? I couldn't see anything like that. Just looked to me like they stacked up with a strap holding it down??

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are there actually slots the doors go into? I couldn't see anything like that. Just looked to me like they stacked up with a strap holding it down??
I haven’t looked closely at the pics. The patents show slots

qnet

Big Bend
First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2, Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't mind the soft-top. The guy driving in the video had that one folded back messy. He must have just flipped it open while in the car, and didn't bother straightening the fabric out.

I am glad that the 2dr. has a hardtop standard, but wouldn't mind a soft-top. I really liked it on my JK Wrangler, and even installed a Best top. I'd like to see some examples of the two door hard top, with just the driver & passenger panels removed.

dangerzone79

Black Diamond
First Name
O- -O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond & 1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well... that looks terrible.

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I regretted mine as well. I removed that big clunky clamshell within 2 weeks of purchase and never put it back on.
The difference is the Bronco hard top is aluminum and should weigh significantly less than a Jeep hardtop. They have said the whole thing can be taken off by one person. I know for sure you need help with a Jeep hard top. But nothings as easy as a soft top.

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not a fan at all. Unless the hard top is somehow too cost prohibitive, I’m opting for that with the 4 door.
Sponsored