Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ll see what they have at release. The Badlands 4 door is soft top and I enjoyed my Jeeps soft top. I’d rather just save money (most likely) and wait for a cool auto aftermarket solution, and spend my money there if something isn’t one of the 200 accessories.

The hard tops look better and once they do some more hands-on testing I could be swayed.

We’ll see. I have a feeling I’m going to be a little configurator obsessed come August.
Sponsored

harperrb

Wildtrak
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Are there actually slots the doors go into? I couldn't see anything like that. Just looked to me like they stacked up with a strap holding it down??
I understand (and could be wrong) that the 4-door has a cargo system upgrade that will include a management for the four doors. 2-door apparently will not have the room.

I'm 2-door all the way, however.

harperrb

Wildtrak
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

On the Jeep I can see that. With a 2 door Bronco, it seems easier with the windows being separate??? Also thought I read that the panels can be stored on board. Was that just the 2 above the front seats??
Probably only the 4-door will be able to store panels. Doors are frameless (window rolls into the door). And you wrap and store into the 4-door.

harperrb

Wildtrak
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I regretted mine as well. I removed that big clunky clamshell within 2 weeks of purchase and never put it back on.
Fortunately Bronco won't be the same. You shouldn't* need a spare parking spot for you hardtop.

*TBD

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fortunately Bronco won't be the same. You shouldn't* need a spare parking spot for you hardtop.

*TBD
I get how the panels can be stored but where does the clamshell go? It doesn't appear to break down into parts.

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I understand (and could be wrong) that the 4-door has a cargo system upgrade that will include a management for the four doors. 2-door apparently will not have the room.

I'm 2-door all the way, however.
2-door for me too.

That would be nice if it's an upgrade for the 4-door. No slots in this image:
Ford Bronco First Look at Soft Top in Half Open Position on 2021 Bronco (4 Door) 1595328190824

SasquashJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just came across this on youtube. Haven't seen this posted yet. Soft top we saw the other day I believe.

Heading west 96 towards Lansing, MI. Past exit 169A Livonia, MI.
I wonder what the decibel rating will be between the options that are available inside the cab. The difference between a soft top versus a hard top versus a modular top or sound deadening top and cab option. I know in wranglers it is very loud And I hope they have these types of numbers since they have the option

beachztt

Wildtrak
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor- Tuxedo Black, 2017 Jeep JKU Rubicon Hard Rock- Built
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a 4 door JKUR with a hard top. When we purchased, we also bought a BestTop Trektop Twill. I run the hard top all winter in CO and the soft top all summer when we are on the trails. The soft top is a little louder than the hard top but the twill is substantially quieter than the vinyl tops I have ridden with. The reason I am posting this is because a bet that BestTop is already working on options for the Bronco. I will add that after three years, I noticed I had a couple of broken teeth on my back window. I sent BestTop a message to inquire about a replacement and they sent me a new rear window no questions asked. Great quality and customer service. I anticipate having both tops for my Bronco too. I will be getting a 2 door.

I also have a hoist in the top of the garage to remove and store my hard top for the summer. I am hoping that it will work for the Bronco hard top. I may just have to modify the frame/hook setup to accommodate it.

Ford Bronco First Look at Soft Top in Half Open Position on 2021 Bronco (4 Door) 20200610_170929
Ford Bronco First Look at Soft Top in Half Open Position on 2021 Bronco (4 Door) 20180324_154802

Last edited:

Sponsored

danzy55

Base
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2003 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
I live in Phoenix.. so we don't get much weather other than kinda hot and really hot. But I had zero problems with my soft top. It held up in rain just fine. Not sure about snow.

I will say this.... as we are most likely sure aftermarket products will be available... it is really easy to add/switch to an aftermarket (like Bestop) soft top down the road. It is not going to be cheap or easy to add a hard top down the road.
I've always had soft tops on my Jeeps, current Gladiator has one as well. Up here in MA we get plenty of the white stuff, holds up perfect, no leaks, warms up quick and minimal noise, my tires throw off 100% more noise than the top.
Its just way easy 1 min to top the top and go, hard top especially on a 4 door multiple pieces, rear section isn't so heavy just awkward to lift off and needs 2 people + somewhere to store it all. At least with a soft top you hit some weather pull over 1 min your covered and on the way

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Soft top way to go, wish the Bronco 2 dr had the option, but looks like I'll be getting a 4dr.
Agree with the soft top for ease. Besttop will have something. Hope you're not getting a 4 dr for the sole reason of no factory soft top option...?

danzy55

Base
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2003 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Agree with the soft top for ease. Besttop will have something. Hope you're not getting a 4 dr for the sole reason of no factory soft top option...?
I had a short wish list.

- soft top
-2dr
-manual

I'll bite the bullet and get a 4dr if its the only soft top option

difficulTT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW Alltrack, 2010 Ford F150, 2006 Mini JCW Checkmate
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
There are a bunch of top options uncovered in this thread. Sounds as though a combination of hardtop and softtop would be possible.
Top - First Row Soft Top Conversion for Hard Tops
Top - Bimini Soft Top
Top - Bimini Soft Top and Canvas Soft Top
Top - Bimini Soft Top and Mesh Shade Top
Top - Bimini Soft Top, Canvas Soft Top and Mesh Shade Top
Top - Mesh Shade Top
Top - Canvas Soft Top and Mesh Shade Top
Sponsored