Sponsored

FIRST LOOK: Flush Style LED Tail Lights for the 2021+ Ford Bronco from ORACLE Lighting

topnotch2023

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
The only workaround that I could see being viable would be to tap the provided signal wire into the stop/turn wire on the lamp. This will give you the amber signal but the red signature light will still also flash. Also, the amber LED will illuminate when braking.

Happy to provide a diagram for this for those interested. Otherwise, feel free to PM me your order # and I will forward to our orders team to have it cancelled.

Again, this is simply a limitation on the vehicle side, as the truck is not wired for the separate signal, like the premium trims are.
I missed the part where the brake light would also be amber. I'm okay with having both red and amber for the signal but not okay with amber for the brake lights.

What do you think about this?

With extra effort you could add pins/wires to the BCM for the dedicated amber left/right turn signals, and the run wires to the rear tail lights. Did the same process upgrading an F350 to OEM LED headlight modules. It is delicate work disassembling the connector top and adding pins.

Is that something you could assist with? I am pretty handy and willing to try most anything.

Please let me know; otherwise, I will have to cancel my order.

THANK YOU!
Sponsored

emkayw

Base
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm looking to sell mine now that I know the amber modules don't work on a base truck. I've never installed them. DM if interested.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, what a bummer.

topnotch2023

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, what a bummer.
Total bummer. The whole reason I purchased the tail lights was for the amber turn signals. I will probably have to return both the ad ons and the tail lights.

mspeter

Badlands
First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Badlands 7-spd, ā€˜20 F350 Dually, & 3x M422A1s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like that plan even better. Is there something you could send that might help a novice?
One would really want to have amber signals for the work involved. Study Ford shop manuals.

Given mfgā€™g variations, itā€™s plausible some halogen models may already have the BCM turn signal wires routed to the tail lights.
Ford Bronco FIRST LOOK: Flush Style LED Tail Lights for the 2021+ Ford Bronco from ORACLE Lighting IMG_2007
Ford Bronco FIRST LOOK: Flush Style LED Tail Lights for the 2021+ Ford Bronco from ORACLE Lighting IMG_2009
Ford Bronco FIRST LOOK: Flush Style LED Tail Lights for the 2021+ Ford Bronco from ORACLE Lighting IMG_2010

- enclosed are photos of the BCM pin #s; there are multiple connectors on the BCM of
different shapes, perhaps someone has a photo of which one is connector ā€œC2280Eā€

- Forscan settings can be determined from post #209 in this thread - with the
ā€˜stop & position indicatorā€™ setting switched from ā€œstop & turnā€ to ā€˜stopā€™; and
enabling ā€˜turn lamp usageā€˜

- Try out first before dismantling the interior panels to route wires to the rear

Last edited:

Sponsored

topnotch2023

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
One would really want to have amber signals for the work involved. Study Ford shop manuals.

Given mfgā€™g variations, itā€™s plausible some halogen models may already have the BCM turn signal wires routed to the tail lights.
Ford Bronco FIRST LOOK: Flush Style LED Tail Lights for the 2021+ Ford Bronco from ORACLE Lighting IMG_2010

- enclosed are photos of the BCM pin #s; there are multiple connectors on the BCM of
different shapes, perhaps someone has a photo of which one is connector ā€œC2280Eā€

- Forscan settings can be determined from post #209 in this thread - with the
ā€˜stop & position indicatorā€™ setting switched from ā€œstop & turnā€ to ā€˜stopā€™; and
enabling ā€˜turn lamp usageā€˜

- Try out first before dismantling the interior panels to route wires to the rear
Am I understanding that my vehicle might already be correctly wired, and I just need to change a Forscan setting?

techdisaster

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here are the instructions for installing these modules

5915-FB-023_Install_Guide.jpg
EDIT: These are the updated FORScan Instructions provided to me by Oracle Customer Support

BRONCO FORSCAN SETTINGS FOR ORACLE FLUSH MOUNT TAIL LIGHTS ā€“ LED REPLACEMENTS

You will need to use FORSCAN to update the BdyCM (Body Control Module) settings if you have the Signature LED tail lights. There are two different procedures, one without the Amber drop-ins and one with the Amber drop-ins.

For Oracle Tail Lights Without Amber Drop Ins:

FunctionOriginal ValueNew Value
Left Rear Stop and Position Lamp UsageNot UsedStop and Turn
Left Rear Turn Lamp UsageStop and TurnNot Used
Right Rear Stop and Position Lamp UsageNot UsedStop and Turn
Right Rear Turn Lamp UsageStop and TurnNot Used
Rear LED Turn OutageEnabledDisabled

For Oracle Tail Lights With Amber Drop Ins:

Left Rear Stop and Position Lamp UsageNot UsedStop Only
Left Rear Turn Lamp UsageStop and TurnTurn Only
Right Rear Stop and Position Lamp UsageNot UsedStop Only
Right Rear Turn Lamp UsageStop and TurnTurn Only

Last edited:

topnotch2023

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

JP_Oracle

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can I suggest that you add the new Forscan procedures to the instructions? I installed my new flush lights and amber drop-ins today. Install was nearly a breeze, but there wasn't anything that told me that the Forscan instructions were different. I had to come back to this thread and find the solution. I took an earlier post and combined it with some updated information that would be excellent to add to the downloaded instructions:

BRONCO FORSCAN SETTINGS FOR ORACLE FLUSH MOUNT TAIL LIGHTS ā€“ LED REPLACEMENTS

You will need to use FORSCAN to update the BdyCM (Body Control Module) settings if you have the Signature LED tail lights. There are two different procedures, one without the Amber drop-ins and one with the Amber drop-ins.

For Oracle Tail Lights Without Amber Drop Ins:

Left Rear Stop and Position Lamp UsageNot UsedStop and Turn
Left Rear Turn Lamp UsageStop and TurnNot Used
Right Rear Stop and Position Lamp UsageNot UsedStop and Turn
Right Rear Turn Lamp UsageStop and TurnNot Used

For Oracle Tail Lights With Amber Drop Ins:

FORscan does still need to be used when installing - However just to only the Rear LED Turn Outage setting to avoid rapid flashing indicator. No other settings should be changed.

NOTE: If you have upgraded the reverse light modules in your existing Flush Tail Lamps & you have already made changes in FORscan, you should revert all settings excluding "Rear LED Turn Outage" to factory original values above.
Thanks for the suggestion! We'll definitely take a look at adding this in.

JP_Oracle

Base
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why is it that these lights with an amber turn signal will work with halogen tail lights?

Dasbecan Tail Light Assembly Compatible with 2021 2022 2023 Ford Bronco Base/Black Diamond/Outer Banks/Badlands/Wildtrak LED Brake Lamp Sequential Turn Signal

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BZ4FJ36Q?ref_=pe_623860_70668520_dpLink
They will not work with Bronco's equipped with the base lamps, because the body harness is not pinned for the separate amber signal like the higher trims.

Sponsored

JP_Oracle

Base
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not really sure but it seems like they are using some kind of dip switch set up. That would not be applicable to ours. Sorry I can't be of more help here but being that these are not our product, there's not much info I can offer here.

topnotch2023

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not really sure but it seems like they are using some kind of dip switch set up. That would not be applicable to ours. Sorry I can't be of more help here but being that these are not our product, there's not much info I can offer here.
My hope was that their configuration might help Oracle offer more options for Bronco owners that don't have the 5-pin connector. Thank you!

Last edited:

JP_Oracle

Base
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
My hope was that there configuration might help Oracle offer more options for Bronco owners that don't have the 5-pin connector. Thank you!
I'll def be doing some research here. Thanks!

OP
OP
ORACLE Lighting

ORACLE Lighting

First Name
ORACLE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)