First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Looks ok, not my cup of tea but if you’re happy thats what counts. Modding is all personal

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the shout out and the kudos, guys!
The paint match is a tricky beast.
Not only is a tri-stage Pearl difficult to match on its own, but painting piece parts when you don’t have the vehicle on site adds another layer and potential for differences in color.
Luckily a lot of these newer metallic and Pearl paints are tied to VIN for variances.
Even then you are not guaranteed a 100% match. Painting plastic, for whatever reason, always ends up looking different than metal parts.
Bumper covers are a prime example.
With Ken’s lights I put like 6 coats of base down in varying patterns to even out the Pearl, metallic, and saturation.
The more coats, the darker and deeper the tone.
When he first sent me a few pictures I had the same reaction. I thought they looked lighter.
But then I looked at the way the light hit the surrounding parts at the same angle.

These tri coats change based on lighting and angle and they matched the filler panels between them and the gate, and looked fine in wide angle shots, so I felt better about it.
I’m glad he is happy and I’m glad they turned out as close as they are to color.

This is all meant to say thanks for the mention, for the trust, and as a caveat to people wanting stuff painted piece-part like lights or flares.

Make sure the person doing it has your VIN to get the right variance, and it wouldn’t hurt to mention to them to ask their paint supplier about the variances. Any seasoned or reputable place knows this already, but the general public probably does not.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just throwing a non painted vs painted shot in here for reference. I didn't see one. 😁

Ford Bronco FIRST LOOK: Flush Style LED Tail Lights Painted Body Color 1668875196363

Ford Bronco FIRST LOOK: Flush Style LED Tail Lights Painted Body Color 1668875223271

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for the shout out and the kudos, guys!
The paint match is a tricky beast.
Not only is a tri-stage Pearl difficult to match on its own, but painting piece parts when you don’t have the vehicle on site adds another layer and potential for differences in color.
Luckily a lot of these newer metallic and Pearl paints are tied to VIN for variances.
Even then you are not guaranteed a 100% match. Painting plastic, for whatever reason, always ends up looking different than metal parts.
Bumper covers are a prime example.
With Ken’s lights I put like 6 coats of base down in varying patterns to even out the Pearl, metallic, and saturation.
The more coats, the darker and deeper the tone.
When he first sent me a few pictures I had the same reaction. I thought they looked lighter.
But then I looked at the way the light hit the surrounding parts at the same angle.

These tri coats change based on lighting and angle and they matched the filler panels between them and the gate, and looked fine in wide angle shots, so I felt better about it.
I’m glad he is happy and I’m glad they turned out as close as they are to color.

This is all meant to say thanks for the mention, for the trust, and as a caveat to people wanting stuff painted piece-part like lights or flares.

Make sure the person doing it has your VIN to get the right variance, and it wouldn’t hurt to mention to them to ask their paint supplier about the variances. Any seasoned or reputable place knows this already, but the general public probably does not.

Now you need to paint his grille surround like yours. ;)

Last edited:

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

First off - GREAT job :) But, I actually do like it when it is blacked out on the outer panel better. I just think that coloring it makes the light footprint smaller and takes away from the whole "Me caveman!!! Me have Bronco!!!" appeal. While the flush Oracle lights are a great design, I love that the stock ones protrude and add a touch of "bulk" to the Bronco's shape and body style. Just my 2 cents :cool:

UniBronc

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F550, 12 F550, 13 F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks good, nice job! It is way more 'custom'.

The one grumble I had with the lights was not having a the perfect flush mounting but love how they light up.

Landoom

Badlands
First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.avarieaerials.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands 2 Dr with Sasquatch & LUX. VB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just throwing a non painted vs painted shot in here for reference. I didn't see one. 😁

Ford Bronco FIRST LOOK: Flush Style LED Tail Lights Painted Body Color 1668875223271

I'm curious to see how they would look with the black in the middle around the reverse light also painted. Photoshop anyone?
I like the look either way, nice and clean. These look great, painted or unpainted, factory also looks great.

OP
OP
Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks good, nice job! It is way more 'custom'.

The one grumble I had with the lights was not having a the perfect flush mounting but love how they light up.
For that reason is why I had specifically mentioned @broncorik and his workaround using the rubber bump stops instead of the collapsible rubber included by Oracle.

I bought 2 of the packages of universal rubber bump stops.
Ford Bronco FIRST LOOK: Flush Style LED Tail Lights Painted Body Color FlushMount (3)
Sponsored