Threads
Reaction score
Website
oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Here is a video we put together highlighting some of the difference between this product and traditional LED "ditch" lights. Let us know what you think!

Sponsored

Maine Explorer

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So, as many have noted, you need to be careful taking your mirrors off as they can crack.
(Oracle has no control of this it's just how the mirrors are)
I was careful taking them off and they didn't break.

This may come as a shock so please sit down... when putting the delicate mirrors Back on you should Still be careful not to break them. 🤯

Seems obvious but I'm an idiot. Really easy not to break them if you're thoughtful while you do it. Just pay attention don't be an idiot like me.

Side note, the installation was really easy and the lights look factory! Excited to test in the wild.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here is a video we put together highlighting some of the difference between this product and traditional LED "ditch" lights. Let us know what you think!

Honestly, the only advantage for me is that I can easily reach out and adjust where the light is by grabbing the mirror and adjusting. My combo ditch lights provide better lighting, I just can't adjust them from the driver/passenger seat. I wish they provided more light than what they do. They aren't bad, but for night time off road use they still need to be combined with other lights.

Not a knock against the product as I have them and like them, but I think most people will still want and need true ditch lights to compliment them.

Sweetlu60

Wildtrak
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra, 2007 F150, 2014 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well, I had hoped my first post to the Bronco 6G site would be a more positive one. I love the idea behind the integrated lights on the mirror for the more cohesive look to the vehicle. I also like the fact that you can get the magnetic covers for the side lights, but wish they would have included them with the purchase instead of having to purchase separately (and since I pre-ordered I had to pay additional shipping costs on top of cost of the covers). Also, I wish that they had given us the option of not having their logo pre-printed on the covers. A nice vinyl sticker would have been a good inclusion for those that wanted to advertise.

I appreciated the video that Oracle put together and definitely was helpful for the installation. I started with the passenger side just like they did and installation was a snap. I will admit I was concerned about prying the mirror out to get access, but it was not as bad as I thought it would be. It was a little tricky getting the wire through the hinge assembly, but not that bad with a little patience. The defroster wires simply popped out as I pulled the mirror off. This left the connector to the BLIS indicator and with a small screwdriver I was able to depress the lever and disconnect. Easy Peasy. I used a wire coat hook as fish tape to pull the wire through the weather stripping and we were done. Reconnected factory wires to mirror and pushed back into place.

I should start by saying that I have a 4 Door Wildtrack with the LUX package. So I have the Blind Spot indicators, the puddle lamps, the spotlight lamps, and the mirror cameras in the mirror assembly. I had seen this thread prior to me installing, but I think I installed around the same time others did so did not see the issues that were being had with the driver's side mirror seating correctly.

I dove into the driver's side mirror with confidence because of how quickly the passenger side went. Boy was I fooled. I pried the mirror off as before and the defroster cables came off quickly and easily, they really do not have anything beyond friction holding them in. Then came the BLIS indicator. This one I could not get the connector to come out. The wires going to it are really short and have little play. Here is where I wish I had read the updated thread and had someone help me by simply holding the mirror without trying to disconnect the BLIS indicator. While trying to disconnect the indicator, I dropped the mirror enough that it pulled the wires out of the connector. Fortunately, they are a u-channeled blade that slid back in and the indicator still worked for now.

Unfortunately, as others have stated when they have the very busy driver's side mirror, I could not get the mirror cap to seat fully. I did what I could and it was not until driving it later that I noticed an issue with back up cameras now having a triangular black patch. This is from the mirror cap not seating fully around the camera. That is when I read this thread and saw others having the same issue. I did not want to take the suggested "smack it" route to get it to seat because I thought it was engineered to do the job without that type of finesse.

So I disassembled this again to try and get the fitment correct. This time to though, when I put the mirror cap back on, something must of broke in the power adjustment motor because the motor is slow and now has clicks.

I reached out to Oracle Lighting about the issue, they asked me to send pictures and then gave me some advise on how to get the mirror to seat. So I proceeded to take the assembly apart again to try and get the cap to sit right in the mirror assembly. Unfortunately, while trying to put the BLIS plugs back into the connector, one of the wires broke. Needless to say I was upset, and that is when I gave the mirror cap a whack because I figured I just cost myself a $1,000+ for fixing the vehicle for the BLIS indicator. And I may still be there. I did not even check if the whack helped or not.

I later got in the vehicle and now I have BLIS faults and Cross Traffic Faults all because of this little wire getting broken. I finally figured out that I can turn those "features" off in the Driver's Aid menu, as long as the fault has not occurred yet (depends on if something is sensed by the sensors during start-up plus the cross traffic feature may or may not be "sticky" because I have had to turn it off multiple times). Needless to say I am upset that this little wire and connector are causing me this much stress.

Further, I know it is my fault for breaking the wire, but I emailed Oracle for some help on which order the wires go into the connector because I do not recall if the green wire was outboard or the purple wire and guessing the wiring color is different on the other side of the vehicle. There response was that they did not have that specific information and that I could pay Ford $22 for 72 hours of access for the service manuals and wiring diagrams.

So to say that I am frustrated with Oracle is an understatement. I know that it was my fault for breaking the wire, but with the number of people that have had the same fitment issues with the mirror cap that I have, I think they should have some responsibility.

I still like the the look, but with the headaches, I am wishing I had just purchased some standard ditch lights. I am out $400+ with Oracle on the lights, no somewhere between $50 and $1200 in repairs of the mirror because of a 22 gauge wire breaking. I could live with the motor as it works, but I want those safety features turned back on.

I may have found a plug in with a length of wire to make this work and will let everyone know when I have completed the repair.

I do have a favor to ask of the community, can you post a picture or tell me if the green wire goes to the outside or the inside of the BLIS indicator connector on the Driver's side? The help is appreciated.

Hopefully, someone finds this information helpful.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well, I had hoped my first post to the Bronco 6G site would be a more positive one. I love the idea behind the integrated lights on the mirror for the more cohesive look to the vehicle. I also like the fact that you can get the magnetic covers for the side lights, but wish they would have included them with the purchase instead of having to purchase separately (and since I pre-ordered I had to pay additional shipping costs on top of cost of the covers). Also, I wish that they had given us the option of not having their logo pre-printed on the covers. A nice vinyl sticker would have been a good inclusion for those that wanted to advertise.

I appreciated the video that Oracle put together and definitely was helpful for the installation. I started with the passenger side just like they did and installation was a snap. I will admit I was concerned about prying the mirror out to get access, but it was not as bad as I thought it would be. It was a little tricky getting the wire through the hinge assembly, but not that bad with a little patience. The defroster wires simply popped out as I pulled the mirror off. This left the connector to the BLIS indicator and with a small screwdriver I was able to depress the lever and disconnect. Easy Peasy. I used a wire coat hook as fish tape to pull the wire through the weather stripping and we were done. Reconnected factory wires to mirror and pushed back into place.

I should start by saying that I have a 4 Door Wildtrack with the LUX package. So I have the Blind Spot indicators, the puddle lamps, the spotlight lamps, and the mirror cameras in the mirror assembly. I had seen this thread prior to me installing, but I think I installed around the same time others did so did not see the issues that were being had with the driver's side mirror seating correctly.

I dove into the driver's side mirror with confidence because of how quickly the passenger side went. Boy was I fooled. I pried the mirror off as before and the defroster cables came off quickly and easily, they really do not have anything beyond friction holding them in. Then came the BLIS indicator. This one I could not get the connector to come out. The wires going to it are really short and have little play. Here is where I wish I had read the updated thread and had someone help me by simply holding the mirror without trying to disconnect the BLIS indicator. While trying to disconnect the indicator, I dropped the mirror enough that it pulled the wires out of the connector. Fortunately, they are a u-channeled blade that slid back in and the indicator still worked for now.

Unfortunately, as others have stated when they have the very busy driver's side mirror, I could not get the mirror cap to seat fully. I did what I could and it was not until driving it later that I noticed an issue with back up cameras now having a triangular black patch. This is from the mirror cap not seating fully around the camera. That is when I read this thread and saw others having the same issue. I did not want to take the suggested "smack it" route to get it to seat because I thought it was engineered to do the job without that type of finesse.

So I disassembled this again to try and get the fitment correct. This time to though, when I put the mirror cap back on, something must of broke in the power adjustment motor because the motor is slow and now has clicks.

I reached out to Oracle Lighting about the issue, they asked me to send pictures and then gave me some advise on how to get the mirror to seat. So I proceeded to take the assembly apart again to try and get the cap to sit right in the mirror assembly. Unfortunately, while trying to put the BLIS plugs back into the connector, one of the wires broke. Needless to say I was upset, and that is when I gave the mirror cap a whack because I figured I just cost myself a $1,000+ for fixing the vehicle for the BLIS indicator. And I may still be there. I did not even check if the whack helped or not.

I later got in the vehicle and now I have BLIS faults and Cross Traffic Faults all because of this little wire getting broken. I finally figured out that I can turn those "features" off in the Driver's Aid menu, as long as the fault has not occurred yet (depends on if something is sensed by the sensors during start-up plus the cross traffic feature may or may not be "sticky" because I have had to turn it off multiple times). Needless to say I am upset that this little wire and connector are causing me this much stress.

Further, I know it is my fault for breaking the wire, but I emailed Oracle for some help on which order the wires go into the connector because I do not recall if the green wire was outboard or the purple wire and guessing the wiring color is different on the other side of the vehicle. There response was that they did not have that specific information and that I could pay Ford $22 for 72 hours of access for the service manuals and wiring diagrams.

So to say that I am frustrated with Oracle is an understatement. I know that it was my fault for breaking the wire, but with the number of people that have had the same fitment issues with the mirror cap that I have, I think they should have some responsibility.

I still like the the look, but with the headaches, I am wishing I had just purchased some standard ditch lights. I am out $400+ with Oracle on the lights, no somewhere between $50 and $1200 in repairs of the mirror because of a 22 gauge wire breaking. I could live with the motor as it works, but I want those safety features turned back on.

I may have found a plug in with a length of wire to make this work and will let everyone know when I have completed the repair.

I do have a favor to ask of the community, can you post a picture or tell me if the green wire goes to the outside or the inside of the BLIS indicator connector on the Driver's side? The help is appreciated.

Just popped my mirror off to check, it's purple outboard and green inboard on the driver side.

If you have a heat gun and room to do it, use these connectors to fix the broken wires and save yourself future headaches trying to troubleshoot a loose or corroded butt splice:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S62KYSL?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Actually if you don't have a heat gun, buy one and use those connectors anyway, they're worth it. Don't use a lighter or torch on them.

The smack it solution is because plastic molded aftermarket parts are rarely engineered to exacting specifications, there are variations between their design and their finished product, there are variations between their test vehicle and yours, and sometimes you just have to force them into place. It's not just a problem with Oracle, even factory stuff occasionally doesn't fit quite right either. Finesse only takes you so far with a part that doesn't align.

Also, Oracle has said that the covers can be flipped around if you don't want that logo visible. It's just a magnetic plate.

Sponsored

Sweetlu60

Wildtrak
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just popped my mirror off to check, it's purple outboard and green inboard on the driver side.

If you have a heat gun and room to do it, use these connectors to fix the broken wires and save yourself future headaches trying to troubleshoot a loose or corroded butt splice:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S62KYSL?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Actually if you don't have a heat gun, buy one and use those connectors anyway, they're worth it. Don't use a lighter or torch on them.

The smack it solution is because plastic molded aftermarket parts are rarely engineered to exacting specifications, there are variations between their design and their finished product, there are variations between their test vehicle and yours, and sometimes you just have to force them into place. It's not just a problem with Oracle, even factory stuff occasionally doesn't fit quite right either. Finesse only takes you so far with a part that doesn't align.

Also, Oracle has said that the covers can be flipped around if you don't want that logo visible. It's just a magnetic plate.

Thanks for the help Tex, it is really appreciated.

Just an FYI, my magnetic plates can be turned around, but we are back to that "finesse", it can fit if you whack and stretch them around a bit. Seems like they are beveled on the edges to allow them to slip into place with the logo facing out.

T Copp

Raptor
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Exact same issue here, except the wires came out the passenger side. I went and bought thicker wire and had to connect that to the stock wire, then slide the thick wire into the connector channels. Was a real pain, now they’re just sitting in there. Haven’t fallen out yet.
I also have the black triangle on my drivers side, because it doesn’t fit. Oracle also asked me to send pics of the inside, but I never did, because it wouldn’t have helped. Many of us have had this issue, it’s not because we’re putting it on wrong.

Sweetlu60

Wildtrak
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just wanted to update everyone. I was able to find a compatible replacement BLIS connector. Here is a link to the part:

BLIS Mirror Connector

I purchased two of the connectors to allow me to make a mistake. The connectors come with about 12" of wire and actually had a connector on either end, so I actually had four connectors.

I also purchased these spade connectors that appear to be the same as the ones that pulled out of the original connector:

Spade Connectors

I did not use them and they are so small it is hard to see if they are the same or not, so your mileage may vary.

I hope this helps someone else out that is stressed over breaking those little wires.

Now that I have the BLIS and Cross Traffic Faults repaired and the mirror cap seated so the camera is working right, I am liking how it looks and functions.

OP
OP
ORACLE Lighting

ORACLE Lighting

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
ORACLE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Now that I have the BLIS and Cross Traffic Faults repaired and the mirror cap seated so the camera is working right, I am liking how it looks and functions.
Glad to hear that! Thanks for the update and links (y)

OP
OP
ORACLE Lighting

ORACLE Lighting

First Name
ORACLE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Mirror covers are now back IN STOCK for those of you who are in states that require high mount lights to be covered for on-road use.

Ford Bronco First Look! ORACLE Bronco Side Mirrors w/ Integrated LED Ditch Lights 5916-504_G_1024x1024

Sponsored

fdchief

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BadSquatch, 1995 F250, 2018 Rebel R2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mirror covers are now back IN STOCK for those of you who are in states that require high mount lights to be covered for on-road use.

Ford Bronco First Look! ORACLE Bronco Side Mirrors w/ Integrated LED Ditch Lights 5916-504_G_1024x1024
do we have an estimated ship date on waiting orders for these lights yet?..... been a few weeks.

50 and Fabulous

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 door, 2022 Transit Connect
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

WANT!

CliffCo

Big Bend
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Iconic Silver, Big Bend Sasquatch (MIC top)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Do you have solid black ones? There's a lot of logo going on when I put these covers on with my hood light covers :rolleyes:

OracleLights

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
waiting on Bronco!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

do we have an estimated ship date on waiting orders for these lights yet?..... been a few weeks.
Hey! We are expecting these within the 2 weeks to start shipping! You will get a shipping confirmation to your email when this item starts shipping.

Do you have solid black ones? There's a lot of logo going on when I put these covers on with my hood light covers :rolleyes:
The Backside is a solid black so you could flip it over and it would be solid.

CliffCo

Big Bend
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Iconic Silver, Big Bend Sasquatch (MIC top)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hey! We are expecting these within the 2 weeks to start shipping! You will get a shipping confirmation to your email when this item starts shipping.

The Backside is a solid black so you could flip it over and it would be solid.
Thanks for the reply!

I tried that right away, but the magnet opposes the cover... and even though the holes line up, they don't seem to want to go on. BUT, at least with me, you could double your money (as I've bought the logo'd set), if you sold me a black set ;)(y)
Sponsored