Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@ORACLE Lighting how much power do you need to turn the lights on? It would be cool to tie this into lighting project that @'21OBX did to make it look factory.

JP_Oracle

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
@ORACLE Lighting how much power do you need to turn the lights on? It would be cool to tie this into lighting project that @'21OBX did to make it look factory.
The controller needs a 12v input in order to work. The light heads can't be direct powered by another source.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m a big made in USA fan and oracle has some really good shit. But the bronco tax guys cmon. This is made in china stuff that’s been around for awhile. Anyways sorry @OracleLights i still love your other stuff.

9202A766-BCA4-4C2B-9AEF-DAC21BB1D9A1.jpeg
Lucky it’s only 4x as much.

Sponsored

porkchop express

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 camaro ss 1le, 2017 focus st, 2020 ram
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not going to lie, feeling a little bitter about these additional install details that are only now being communicated alongside your product. If you’re going to repackage an existing product to be Bronco-specific, best to have those Bronco-specific instructions ready to go with them.

Spent $100+ on your product and since ya’ll say I can’t return it after following your generic/lacking instructions , I guess I have to spend more $ on replacement fiber…$5/ft for what(?) ~16.5 ft replacement fiber…plus shipping…like I said, I’m feeling real bitter about this one.

But happy your customers now have Bronco-specific instructions for their installs
I agree. I bought it the first week and now I know why I was struggling with those first lame instructions. Mine doesn't look that great and I'm not buying another. I'm considering pulling it out and taking the loss, which will be a huge factor in considering any other products from this company.

Last edited:

Browp24

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Was wondering...could you do the filament in one continously loop instead of two strips? I have upfitter switches that I would want to connect them to that is next to the steering wheel.

JP_Oracle

Base
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not going to lie, feeling a little bitter about these additional install details that are only now being communicated alongside your product. If you’re going to repackage an existing product to be Bronco-specific, best to have those Bronco-specific instructions ready to go with them.

Spent $100+ on your product and since ya’ll say I can’t return it after following your generic/lacking instructions , I guess I have to spend more $ on replacement fiber…$5/ft for what(?) ~16.5 ft replacement fiber…plus shipping…like I said, I’m feeling real bitter about this one.

But happy your customers now have Bronco-specific instructions for their installs
I agree. I bought it the first week and now I know why I was struggling with those first lame instructions. Mine doesn't look that great and I'm not buying another. I'm considering pulling it out and taking the loss, which will be a huge factor in considering any other products from this company.
PM'ed you both

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
I showed this to my wife (it's her Bronco) thinking it would be a cool mod and she immediately was "don't even think about putting this in the Bronco!"

Me: Pshhh, of course not...
Ford Bronco First Look: ORACLE Lighting accent lighting for Bronco Dash 1670428461414

OP
OP
ORACLE Lighting

ORACLE Lighting

First Name
ORACLE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Was wondering...could you do the filament in one continously loop instead of two strips? I have upfitter switches that I would want to connect them to that is next to the steering wheel.
You would cut the brightness in half by reducing the number of light heads.

Sponsored

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I showed this to my wife (it's her Bronco) thinking it would be a cool mod and she immediately was "don't even think about putting this in the Bronco!"

Me: Pshhh, of course not...
Ford Bronco First Look: ORACLE Lighting accent lighting for Bronco Dash 1670428461414
so glad Im not married

CKXVII

Outer Banks
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Installation video is up!
What are these imperfections and why are they shining through??? Looks like a cracked glow stick.

Ford Bronco First Look: ORACLE Lighting accent lighting for Bronco Dash 4B2B4B9E-54BE-4C55-87F2-1342BA99A6CE

JP_Oracle

Base
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
What are these imperfections and why are they shining through??? Looks like a cracked glow stick.

Ford Bronco First Look: ORACLE Lighting accent lighting for Bronco Dash 4B2B4B9E-54BE-4C55-87F2-1342BA99A6CE
This happens when too much pressure is put on the soft PMMA when pressed in. This can also happen when the cable is excessively bent while handling.

Anthony C

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey @ORACLE Lighting. I had my local official Ford Dealership install your accent light kit (using the supplied instructions + install video). Can you advise if you are updating this kit with better materials and/or better instructions? Or perhaps the unit I have is defective?

To say the least it looks very far from the product photos and videos. Please provide your thoughts so I can pass to the dealership to fix this (if at all even possible)...

Problems / Observations:
- The entire bottom strip is half the brightness due to the turns at the edges
- There are imperfections in the material everywhere - looks like a cracked glow stick (looks even worse in daylight with unit off)
- The tubing doesn't appear perfectly straight (the installer pushed it in as far as it goes)
- The installer resorted to using glue in some areas where the tubing would not stay secured
- The overall fit is below satisfactory (per the dealership)

**Vimeo Video Link**

Ford Bronco First Look: ORACLE Lighting accent lighting for Bronco Dash Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 5.36.17 PM

Ford Bronco First Look: ORACLE Lighting accent lighting for Bronco Dash Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 5.47.28 PM

Last edited:

JP_Oracle

Base
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey @ORACLE Lighting. I had my local official Ford Dealership install your accent light kit (using the supplied instructions + install video). Can you advise if you are updating this kit with better materials and/or better instructions? Or perhaps the unit I have is defective?

To say the least it looks very far from the product photos and videos. Please provide your thoughts so I can pass to the dealership to fix this (if at all even possible)...

Problems / Observations:
- The entire bottom strip is half the brightness due to the turns at the edges
- There are imperfections in the material everywhere - looks like a cracked glow stick (looks even worse in daylight with unit off)
- The tubing doesn't appear perfectly straight (the installer pushed it in as far as it goes)
- The installer resorted to using glue in some areas where the tubing would not stay secured
- The overall fit is below satisfactory (per the dealership)

**Vimeo Video Link**

Ford Bronco First Look: ORACLE Lighting accent lighting for Bronco Dash Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 5.47.28 PM

Looks like the dealer has the cable ends pinched between the side handles. There's a groove you can run each end through between the trim panel where it won't get pinched like that. Here's a picture. (The groove is where the tech is sticking the panel tool in)

Ford Bronco First Look: ORACLE Lighting accent lighting for Bronco Dash 1670944484665

In regards to the imperfections in the cable, This happens when too much pressure is put on the soft PMMA when pressed in. This can also happen when the cable is excessively bent while handling. As stated in my last post.
Sponsored