l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I took advantage of the good weather this past weekend to finally install the RokBlokz kit I had bought Black Friday. I researched the crap out of flaps last year and decided to go for it with the discount. I'll be honest, it is an impressive kit, where the plastic feels solid yet flexible and the brackets are beefy powdercoated steel. I also like the quick-disconnect, hopefully I get to use that feature this year!

After a little PBlaster the 15mm bolts came out easily, so with an air gun this is probably a 20 min job, but I took 45min with handtools. You'll need some leverage for the bolts, and clearances are a bit tight. Pro tip: PAY ATTENTION to the thumbscrews that mount the flaps to the brackets, the four short ones go in front and the four long go in back. My biggest complaint is the common one, where there a lot of screws and nuts to assemble, along with adding threadlocker to every one. I like building stuff so I didn't hate it like some reviewers, but for the price I'm surprised they don't have some of the mounts or reinforcements molded in.

I really like the length, they give off trail runner vibes and should provide a lot of protection. I ignored 90% of the flaps out there because so many seem to be made for the base models, and I was trying to account for the Badlands' height and having 4 doors. I couldn't find a single decent set of pics or a post about the Original, Long version without them being on a Sasquatch, so here are some pics of that version on an otherwise stock Badlands.

For reference, the fronts are 8.5" off the ground, and the rears are 11". Note that I have the crashbars, and the first picture is the best because the rain cleaned off the salt :ROFLMAO:

Ford Bronco First mod for the Badlands, RokBlokz original long w/33" BFG KO2 rain

Ford Bronco First mod for the Badlands, RokBlokz original long w/33" BFG KO2 IMG_20230115_141327
Ford Bronco First mod for the Badlands, RokBlokz original long w/33" BFG KO2 IMG_20230115_141429
Ford Bronco First mod for the Badlands, RokBlokz original long w/33" BFG KO2 IMG_20230115_141344
Ford Bronco First mod for the Badlands, RokBlokz original long w/33" BFG KO2 IMG_20230115_141415
Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Very nice.

MaxBadland

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for posting pics of that size mud flap. I've got the same trim. Was trying to figure out if I should order the original regular or long version. Any regrets about the size? How does the color black match the bumper and wheel well plastic over time? Thanks again for the pics!

OP
OP
l88m22vette

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The few times I've noticed any kind of splash on the sides was like an inch or two just ahead of the rear wheel well, so the coverage is definitely there. I really like them, no issues, and they've grown to match the rest of the trim perfectly. I won't ever do anything to need them to be shorter, and since they're quick-removal it won't matter.

I do have one gripe: I wish the hardware was weatherproof, which seems like it would've been a given since they're mudflaps. The stuff it comes with has rusted/stained, which is ridiculous for the price they charge.

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same setup (original/long) with AR magnum stirrups. One day I'll swap the mud flap hardware for stainless. The stirrups are all aluminum or stainless, so they won't be rusting. After these photos I swapped out the stainless upper bolts for black anodized plugs. Also, you can't see them in these photos but I've installed black McGard lug nuts. I was surprised how much better the black lug nuts look on the optional Badlands wheels.

Ford Bronco First mod for the Badlands, RokBlokz original long w/33" BFG KO2 1679873581175

Ford Bronco First mod for the Badlands, RokBlokz original long w/33" BFG KO2 1679873549626
Sponsored