StopsForTacoTrucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro. Ram.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
LOL, never thought of that!

Buddy of mine's neighbor just has his CAT stolen off his Supper Duty, bastards!
Yeah, it sucks. At least if they siphon you just lose gas. Now you have to deal with a damaged tank as well. Catalytic converter thieves are an epidemic.

Back on topic, the keyless entry pad was always one of my favorite Ford features. The ability to be 'waterproof' since you weren't carrying a fob was a big plus for me in many of my recreational pursuits.
Sponsored

ManikMonday

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 G500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

When you get the higher trims levels you get intelligent access..... why the need for this key pad? Also can you lock the truck with the key inside? If you can then I could see this being useful
This assumes you want to carry a phone on you and have cell coverage.

jd-ford-hd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 Explorer, ‘13 F150, ‘99 F350, '74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Putting it on the fuel door says you have no intention of using it except as a backup, which is OK. Not a bad plan at all. I have a 2011 F150 and the keys have never been taken out of the truck.! The numbers are worn off the pad buttons. (Pic) Pushing those buttons every time you unlock the doors, the way I’m accustomed to doing it,
Ford Bronco First mod (moved keypad to gas door) and a simple fix 9E17BD79-29CA-447B-B922-C6212FF2EE31
would have the fuel door bent around on the fender.! 🤪🤣

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I just ordered the wireless remote keypad from Accessories.Ford website. For those curious, you order the part, and it is shipped directly to your dealer and you make an appointment for it to be installed. They are having a 15% off sale right now, so my price for the wireless keypad, including shipping, tax, and installation (programing) was $107.73. They give you the option of where to install the keypad. Just tell your service rep. Galpin knew all about this, and knew I wanted to put it wherever I wanted.

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They are having a 15% off sale right now, so my price for the wireless keypad, including shipping, tax, and installation (programing) was $107.73.
That's a good price. It's a $110 option. Try getting a roof rack for anywhere near suggest retail.

I'm fine with my keypad being near the door handle and it's something that gets used regularly. Ford put it in place before it left the factory.

Sponsored

Mvruggink41

Wildtrak
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on Wildtrak Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
this is where I installed mine.
Ford Bronco First mod (moved keypad to gas door) and a simple fix 9E17BD79-29CA-447B-B922-C6212FF2EE31
How or what did you use to remove it carefully?? I am about to get mine hopefully 🤞 in a few weeks and want to do this also! Thanks in advance!

Brnco2.7

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I put mine there also. I thought the gas door but I use it everyday.
I have mine in Florida for the winter so I waited till it was a warm day and slowly pulled it off. I have a heat gun but didn’t need it.

040C2112-17A1-4BF5-8EBF-FDAD6DED38D2.jpeg

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How or what did you use to remove it carefully?? I am about to get mine hopefully 🤞 in a few weeks and want to do this also! Thanks in advance!
Dental floss. Then you'll need new 3M auto tape to stick it back on.

Dubsesd

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford F-150, 06 Roush Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just used some fishing line and came right off. Then rubbed the remaining spine sides tape off with my finger.
Sponsored