Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

this is where I installed mine.
Ford Bronco First mod (moved keypad to gas door) and a simple fix snarky
Not an option for the 2-door, which is what I'm getting.

I'll have to look into relocating they keypad to the fuel filler door.

As for leaving keys in the car, that's how we've done it for years with our Escape. But that numeric keypad is built into the door frame, not stuck on later.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

As for leaving keys in the car, that's how we've done it for years with our Escape. But that numeric keypad is built into the door frame, not stuck on later.
Ya this ugly wart of a keypad is a hand me down from the sister Ranger.

Mr_Scoutmaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands / '22 BMW X5 45e M Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup. I haven't taken the keys out of my truck in years.
Even though I like this a lot and the hidden placement, I probably won't do it. I am too paranoid that with the soft top, the key pad would imply that the fob is in the car, making it an even juicier soft target. If I had a hard top, then probably would do this.

Sponsored

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Am I just slow...? I'm not really understanding the convenience

If you don't have keys the car can't start? Do you just lock the keys on the car?
I've had this on all of my cars for years, up until my BL. I ordered it with my points, so I pick it up this afternoon from the dealer.

I have already in the last 2 months had to go run upstairs and retrieve my keys to get in, just to retrieve something. The convenience factor is off the chart.

Brnco2.7

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

I am also getting a 2 door. That’s why I was thinking of mounting it vertical. I will have to see how it looks. Otherwise it’s going with the gas door option

Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

this is where I installed mine.
Ford Bronco First mod (moved keypad to gas door) and a simple fix snarky
This looks pretty good too, and would obviously be more readily accessible than the fuel door option (not that that version is that hard).

I still dont know why Ford didnt put this in that spot within that trim piece. I wish someone in the aftermarket would make that trim to accept the guts of the num pad.
My guess is because the 2 door's fixed/non top portion of the b-pillar is different/slimmer, and there's no window frame to mount it on there like other Ford products, so they went with the cheap "solution". Would've been neat if they could've integrated it into the mirror arms since they're built in as they are.

I'm reaching out to a company to ask if they can develop a kit for us Bronco owners. There are color matched vinyl wraps that would be perfect for this application. Simply cut a size large enough to cover the stickers and apply it.
I'm not sure if it's true or not, but I recall seeing a painted version on some of the '22 literature somewhere.

If you don't have keys the car can't start? Do you just lock the keys on the car?
So you don't need the keys to grab something out of it quickly, or lock it. Or lock the keys in if you don't want to carry them at the beach, on a hike, etc.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My guess is because the 2 door's fixed/non top portion of the b-pillar is different/slimmer, and there's no window frame to mount it on there like other Ford products, so they went with the cheap "solution". Would've been neat if they could've integrated it into the mirror arms since they're built in as they are.
Probably but they could have done a vertical pad in both

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My guess is because the 2 door's fixed/non top portion of the b-pillar is different/slimmer, and there's no window frame to mount it on there like other Ford products, so they went with the cheap "solution".
Actually, the non-top portion of the B-pillar does not exist. No frame around the window and if you remove the top there is nothing else there except the roll bar that is inside the vehicle.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Actually, the non-top portion of the B-pillar does not exist. No frame around the window and if you remove the top there is nothing else there except the roll bar that is inside the vehicle.
There's a slim piece on 2 doors that stays. I can't comment on whether it's wide enough for the keypad vertically, though.

Ford Bronco First mod (moved keypad to gas door) and a simple fix 1633997716773

Ford Bronco First mod (moved keypad to gas door) and a simple fix 1633997784580

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Yes, said by every Ford and Lincoln owner.
Sponsored