Sponsored

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Soft Top.

The Soft Top is your friend.
I see you are a Wikdtrak res. holder like me. Instead of mic top should I just get the soft top for my 4dr since I'm going to buy the MOD top when it becomes available? And would that help me in any way?
Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why? Why would a company try so hard to not sell me their product? Not my fault they won’t allocate my dealer the number of Broncos ordered through said dealer.

Seems they should prefer to sell the Bronco and miss a margin on one shipping fee than have me buy a Jeep instead.
Ford is an automotive manufacturer that sells automobiles wholesale to automotive dealerships across the country. Ford has thousands of franchise agreements with these dealers that govern what both parties can and cannot do.

Ford is prohibited by its franchise agreements and by Mississippi state law from selling you — a retail customer in Mississippi — an automobile.

Mississippi Code Title 63. Motor Vehicles & Traffic Regulations § 63-17-55. Definitions

[...]

(b) “Motor vehicle dealer” means any person, firm, partnership, copartnership, association, corporation, trust or legal entity, not excluded by paragraph (c) of this section, who holds a bona fide contract or franchise in effect with a manufacturer, distributor or wholesaler of new motor vehicles, and a license under the provisions of the Mississippi Motor Vehicle Commission Law, and such duly franchised and licensed motor vehicle dealers shall be the sole and only persons, firms, partnerships, copartnerships, associations, corporations, trusts or legal entities entitled to sell and publicly or otherwise solicit and advertise for sale new motor vehicles as such.

Source: https://codes.findlaw.com/ms/title-63-motor-vehicles-traffic-regulations/ms-code-sect-63-17-55.html

If you cannot live with that arrangement, then cancel your order. Otherwise, work with your chosen dealer and wait like the rest of us mere mortals.

Also, despite being a 2-door devotee, had Ford informed us up front last year at the time of reservations that it would be harder to get a 2-door and a longer wait, I'd have considered SPENDING MORE WITH FORD to get a 4-door and upgrade to hard top.

This is bad business.
Demand is greater than supply, so if you have an order with commodity constraints, you will have to wait for supply to catch up.

If you don’t want to wait, you can change your order to potentially avoid some of these commodity constraints and get your Bronco sooner, and you can make changes at any time up until your build is scheduled and you receive a VIN, at which point you are simply locked into the build that is scheduled and headed to the production floor.

Note: All changes have to be made through your chosen dealer.

Posting about it on this forum, or asking other dealers like Granger about it, will not change your order. Only you can do that by working directly with your dealer.

Last edited:

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Dude, i am a Ford homer of the highest order and they have f'ed this thing up more than i could have ever imagined. No excuses...i don't want to hear them. Just the fact that late reservations of the EXACT same build have been getting pulled ahead of day one or two's has left a bad taste in my mouth. All because Ford is playing favorites with dealerships. This is wrong 24/7/365.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a Badlands Sasquatch High package on order. Because the change from BL to BadSquatch is really only wheels tires and gears I am choosing to hold the course. Wish I could have just optioned the 4.7 with the auto.

Do you think it is a reasonable strategy? I can't believe that the jump for BL to Badsquatch could really be substantially different based on the commodities differences.

Thanks,

Alan
7/13 order
I really don't know. As a 7/13 it should be filled. I just don't know when.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I see you are a Wikdtrak res. holder like me. Instead of mic top should I just get the soft top for my 4dr since I'm going to buy the MOD top when it becomes available? And would that help me in any way?
Wildtrak isn't available in a soft top.

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Would be great if my dealer would tell me their allocation and my standing within it. HOW HARD IS THIS? If I’m getting screwed out of MY2021, I need to know, because I’m done.
I agree that this is frustrating. Its out of the dealer's hands and inside/outside the allocation is really relative to the commodities at this point, probably more so in summer when the final weeks are scheduled. Just ride it out and see what happens. If you miss this year, you will be at the front of the line for a '22. Outside of day 1 reservations, I think we are all in that boat. (morning of day 2)

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wildtrak isn't available in a soft top.
It's also not available in a mod top. I'm just flapping my jaws at this point😁 I'm more than likely in the my22 boat anyway.....so when I find out that I am for sure.....I'll just order it with the mod top when we get to that point

Last edited:

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My guess is the forged wheels. Ford's consumption of forged wheels is tripling, so that could be an issue. If it is really the tires, that is somewhat disappointing since they could presumably have procured alternatives. I think Ford was aware of the sasquatch supply issue over 6 months ago.
Could be wheels if they're forged as they would be coming from overseas. Too expensive to forge things here in the US as the number of forging houses are becoming few are far between.
It makes sense the bead-lock wheels are forged but can't seem to find anything that states that they are.
The rest of the wheels, that are alum, are cast/machined and made in MI. Fairly esy to ramp up on those.

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I understand exactly what they said, My comment was about dealer transparency or lack there of. I was complimenting this dealers post for being open with us. If I did not understand his post why would I have suggested switching to 33s from 35s?. I get they have limited parts. I was suggesting our dealers try to work with us to give us some insight into what parts may be lacking so we could consider changing our order but I get how that could be challenging. Sorry I’m just frustrated with the poor communication from my dealer and wish they operated more like this one

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Great info, as always. Thank you.

Does anyone else get the feeling that most of the angry posts on Granger threads are from non-Granger customers who can't get their own dealers to even talk to them? Whereas the Granger customers are all like "Yeah, cool, we get it. Thanks again for keepin' us all in the loop, dudes!"
Absolutely. That’s exactly what I did. I complimented Granger and then bashed my dealer ;-)

Sponsored

mattrb87

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I had a BB, 4d, 2.3, sas, and I was also a late reservation, 7/29. I was scheduled for 6/14 build. So you definitely have a chance
my order is almost the same. BB, 4Dr, 2.7, sas, MIC top, 7/29 reservation. Nothing yet from ford. When I placed my order in January, I was out of their allocation, #99 out of 50 but haven’t gotten any updates of any changes since then. Do you know what number your allocation was in line? Hoping mine will be scheduled in the coming months in yours was almost the exact same. Unless you received a priory order

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I know people don't want to hear this, but the big Ford Dealerships that sell lots of vehicles will get their BIG allocations. Ford won't screw over their biggest customers, that's just sales 101.

Last edited:

bruce 1

Outer Banks
First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford transit
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Where does May 3rd come from? My understand it was just "May," meaning it could be the end of May. Just curious if I missed something is all.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In other industries, such as restaurants, franchise agreements require franchisees to perform in accordance with standards of service. I’m guessing Ford just lets dealers do whatever, such as not returning phone calls placed once a month.
Are your phone calls to your dealer like your posts here?
Sponsored