First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Accord and a 2018 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have zero problems with Ford building what they can, I do have a problem with them limiting how many can go through a particular dealership.
They said we're getting 8 allocated. I have 12 Orders, You mean to tell me that now anyone that has a chance? Bullshit. They chose my latest reservation!!!! a February Reservation, how in the hell does that make any sense. It's completely FUBAR.
Sponsored

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That’s because Ford has been telling us that vehicles would be built in reservation timestamp order since last year. Then they decided that allocations would be added to the mix, then priority orders got thrown in. They’ve know what the model mix would be since last year so they should have done some better material planning....
I don't think it's because they "just decided" those steps. I think its more along the lines they didn't give a 100% breakdown of the e act process and we all made assumptions.

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They said we're getting 8 allocated. I have 12 Orders, You mean to tell me that now anyone that has a chance? Bullshit. They chose my latest reservation!!!! a February Reservation, how in the hell does that make any sense. It's completely FUBAR.
Were they marked as the priority build, or was that scheduled last week?

BravoV4

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Accord and a 2018 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Were they marked as the priority build, or was that scheduled last week?
No it wasn't marked as a Priority build. And by allocation I'm saying they gave us a total of 8 for everything. 1 got scheduled and that was the really late reseveration.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Why is that? Saves Ford shipping costs.

They aren't set up to do it. I wouldn't be shocked if they make a little money everytime they ship to a dealer anyways.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man, this is going to be a long wait...I was already behind 125-150K orders. Now people from behind me are getting pulled ahead of me because commodity restraints. When my order inevitably gets pushed to 22’ I’m going to be behind a huge list of delayed 21’ early reservation holders and everyone who reserved before me that got pushed to 22’

Christmas 2023!

Last edited:

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Certainly not a guarantee. But I wouldn't be shocked if dealers got over their allocation was as the year progresses. We're receiving 180 in the first 4 months. They haven't told us final quarter numbers yet, but the last 2 months of production to only get 23? That's a very low estimate. Maybe we'll get more if production goes smoothly.
That is exactly what I am talking about. To me, this is the only factor in the equation left to find out. It will answer the question if Ford lied to the dealerships or to the customers.

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sad Panda here. Badlands with Sasquatch and Lux. Guess that means the F5s on Thursdays can stop and I'll just wait for the May notification. Might have to drop off the site for a bit since all the other people's excitement is just making me sadder....

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They’ve know what the model mix would be since last year so they should have done some better material planning....
Tell me you don't work in manufacturing without saying you don't work in manufacturing....

It's not that simple right now. In normal times? Yeah, there may be a gripe there but not in this environment.

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

People don't think the "just in time" supply model be like it be, but it be that way. Ford had to make a choice, build what they can/have supply for as close to the order received and keep assembly running at capacity or just shut down the plant when they got to a problematic build because it was the next in line. "Yes, we have all the parts on hand for this other vehicle and we've now paid for them, but we can't build the vehicle we have supply for because this other one is ahead in line. Everyone go home."

The just in time supply model sucks, but it's what everyone uses until someone comes up with something better.

Sponsored

JustinC

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Every time I see @Zach@Granger post, I get excited! But then I realize that I am like #268 with a 7/18 Wildtrak reservation and I can’t imagine if ever have a chance at getting mine this year.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You have ALL of your allocations filled? OH MY GOD. Those at smaller dealers with 7/13 reservations that got skipped may be finding out next time they talk to their dealer that they were kicked off the entire allocation list for 2021. (and I think this could be the case for me...waiting on a call back)

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s because Ford has been telling us that vehicles would be built in reservation timestamp order since last year. Then they decided that allocations would be added to the mix, then priority orders got thrown in. They’ve know what the model mix would be since last year so they should have done some better material planning....
Did they know the model mix? Many people did not order what they reserved. Badlands orders were nearly 50% over Badlands reservations. The reservation process didn't include things like Lux and squatch so Ford had limited insight into those until the orders were placed. Tops are delayed because new plants are being built to manufacture those. Lead time on a new plant is longer than a year.

Here is the model mix of what b6g members reserved:
Ford Bronco First Month of Bronco Allocations - The Timestamp is only ONE factor 1619213665544

And here is what they ordered:
Ford Bronco First Month of Bronco Allocations - The Timestamp is only ONE factor 1619213713999

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tell me you don't work in manufacturing without saying you don't work in manufacturing....

It's not that simple right now. In normal times? Yeah, there may be a gripe there but not in this environment.
I had a partner reseller say yesterday there was a clause in a solicitation that stated "delivery in 30 days from award." I just laughed out loud.
Sponsored