First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 4dr Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The much anticipated scheduling has begun and we've learned a few things. Here's a few notes I wanted to pass along.

1 - First Edition doesn't mean First Production. Don't get me wrong, the First Edition will still be prioritized above other orders, but the first 7,000 units to roll off the assembly line aren't going to be first editions. We tried to explain that previously, but it is clear now that it is not the case. In my mind the biggest advantage of the First Edition now is that you are guaranteed Sasquatch and Lux package in a reasonable time frame.

2 - Timestamp is ONE factor in the allocation process. It is a very important factor, but it is not the only factor. Commodity restrictions are going to be evident moving forward. Trim, Doors, Options, are going to place a large role in what Ford can build. Keep in mind these restrictions will vary monthly. But the first week of production has given us a good view into what options may slow down your build. We have all 26 of our allocations scheduled already. Here is the break down for dates that reservations were placed.

07/13 - 12 Builds
07/14 - 6 Builds
07/15 - 1 Build
07/16 - 1 Build
07/18 - 1 build
07/20 - 1 build
August - 2 Builds
October - 1 Build
November - 1 Build

3 - How come my 7/13 build wasn't chosen???

- Sasquatch. The Reservation tracker on B6G sites 40% of reservation holders chose sasquatch. We receive 3 Sasquatches out of 26 builds.

2 - Lux Package - 47% of our reservation holders chose the Lux package. We receive 3 schedules out of our 26 orders.

3 - Soft Top - Out of the 19 orders for 4 doors we got scheduled 10 of them are soft top. Definitely a much larger representation of the orders than the general take rate.

So Ford is filling orders as they can get supplies. Say 10% of their production goes to Lux and they are out. That leaves us with 54% of our orders as eligible to be produced. Then they run out of sasquatch and badlands trims which leaves us with 30% of our orders to choose from. The process keeps on going until they can find something that they can build.

So what do we take away from this?

1. If you have a Big Bend, Black Diamond, Outer Banks, or Base trim and you aren't adding Lux or Sasquatch. Make sure your order isn't in "99" assuming you'll receive a 2022. There's not a great chance, but make sure you convert your order to a buildable unit. You may get pleasantly surprised.

2. Don't Change your order around because of this month. These commodities will change monthly. Don't switch your badlands, Lux package order to a base 2.3, 7 speed, soft top. Get what you want, but have realistic expecations on timing. If you are debating between a Black Diamond with and without Sasquatch, then you'll need to weigh whether waiting an extended time is worth it to you or if you would rather get it more quickly.

3. You are a FE reservation holder? Our first month we only received one of around 50 FEs. The take rate will speed up. I'm sure over the next 3-4 months the orders will get scheduled. Like I wrote earlier, The biggest advantage you have is you are guaranteed a LUX and Sasquatch, where a lot of others will need to wait. The pace of production of FEs will speed up significantly as well. So don't worry about that, lets see what month 2 brings.

Zach
Hey Zach. Thanks for the info. Do you have any insider info on whether Ford will be prioritizing the Bronco to receive micro processors so that they can get delivered in a reasonable timeframe? I heard there was a chance that due to supplier issues with micro processors we may be waiting a while.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey Zach. Thanks for the info. Do you have any insider info on whether Ford will be prioritizing the Bronco to receive micro processors so that they can get delivered in a reasonable timeframe? I heard there was a chance that due to supplier issues with micro processors we may be waiting a while.
It would make sense to me to put microprocessor chips in a Retail order Bronco than a Edge or Escape that's for dealer stock. I'm sure Ford will prioritize that.

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The much anticipated scheduling has begun and we've learned a few things. Here's a few notes I wanted to pass along.

1 - First Edition doesn't mean First Production. Don't get me wrong, the First Edition will still be prioritized above other orders, but the first 7,000 units to roll off the assembly line aren't going to be first editions. We tried to explain that previously, but it is clear now that it is not the case. In my mind the biggest advantage of the First Edition now is that you are guaranteed Sasquatch and Lux package in a reasonable time frame.

2 - Timestamp is ONE factor in the allocation process. It is a very important factor, but it is not the only factor. Commodity restrictions are going to be evident moving forward. Trim, Doors, Options, are going to place a large role in what Ford can build. Keep in mind these restrictions will vary monthly. But the first week of production has given us a good view into what options may slow down your build. We have all 26 of our allocations scheduled already. Here is the break down for dates that reservations were placed.

07/13 - 12 Builds
07/14 - 6 Builds
07/15 - 1 Build
07/16 - 1 Build
07/18 - 1 build
07/20 - 1 build
August - 2 Builds
October - 1 Build
November - 1 Build

3 - How come my 7/13 build wasn't chosen???

- Sasquatch. The Reservation tracker on B6G sites 40% of reservation holders chose sasquatch. We receive 3 Sasquatches out of 26 builds.

2 - Lux Package - 47% of our reservation holders chose the Lux package. We receive 3 schedules out of our 26 orders.

3 - Soft Top - Out of the 19 orders for 4 doors we got scheduled 10 of them are soft top. Definitely a much larger representation of the orders than the general take rate.

So Ford is filling orders as they can get supplies. Say 10% of their production goes to Lux and they are out. That leaves us with 54% of our orders as eligible to be produced. Then they run out of sasquatch and badlands trims which leaves us with 30% of our orders to choose from. The process keeps on going until they can find something that they can build.

So what do we take away from this?

1. If you have a Big Bend, Black Diamond, Outer Banks, or Base trim and you aren't adding Lux or Sasquatch. Make sure your order isn't in "99" assuming you'll receive a 2022. There's not a great chance, but make sure you convert your order to a buildable unit. You may get pleasantly surprised.

2. Don't Change your order around because of this month. These commodities will change monthly. Don't switch your badlands, Lux package order to a base 2.3, 7 speed, soft top. Get what you want, but have realistic expecations on timing. If you are debating between a Black Diamond with and without Sasquatch, then you'll need to weigh whether waiting an extended time is worth it to you or if you would rather get it more quickly.

3. You are a FE reservation holder? Our first month we only received one of around 50 FEs. The take rate will speed up. I'm sure over the next 3-4 months the orders will get scheduled. Like I wrote earlier, The biggest advantage you have is you are guaranteed a LUX and Sasquatch, where a lot of others will need to wait. The pace of production of FEs will speed up significantly as well. So don't worry about that, lets see what month 2 brings.

Zach
Makes complete sense for the mess we are in. Thank you for the update.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The email the bronco team blew out last night did not help the situation any. Explanation made sense but it's probably going to blow up a lot of the, "where do I rank in your allocation", questions. Anyone want to do an over-under on if they change the rules again? Could be a bunch of side betting at the dealer level too.

Sponsored

Sponticore

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My two feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does any one know if much chances of getting a 21 will drop if i call my dealer and decide to change the paint colour? The email about the sound insulation says April 30th is the cut off date for opt in. I'm a 15/07 reservation.

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The email the bronco team blew out last night did not help the situation any. Explanation made sense but it's probably going to blow up a lot of the, "where do I rank in your allocation", questions. Anyone want to do an over-under on if they change the rules again? Could be a bunch of side betting at the dealer level too.
... Email last night?

Darinwa

Outer Banks
First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@Zach@Granger - I’ve got a Granger order (and a 7/13 reservation) that’s a WildTrack, 2.7, Lux and a 19 priority — I was told by Sean at Granger you have 203 2021 allocations and I was #85.

Am I reading your post correctly in that you only have 26 2021 builds you’re doing???

Please explain!

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Zach@Granger - I’ve got a Granger order (and a 7/13 reservation) that’s a WildTrack, 2.7, Lux and a 19 priority — I was told by Sean at Granger you have 203 2021 allocations and I was #85.

Am I reading your post correctly in that you only have 26 2021 builds you’re doing???

Please explain!
It is 26 for this month. We have 154 over the next quarter. Then 2 months production after that.

Sponsored

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any idea what the driving factor(s) might be for those builds getting scheduled way out in October and November?
I think he's showing reservation dates, not build dates. I was confused on that as well.

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think there is a downside to changing now. It'll be down to how well your dealer can switch on the fly if you wait.

I've been changing every week. Yesterday is the last. I am sure my dealer is getting annoyed but they have been very helpful with the constant changes.

What is the difference between priority 10 and 19?

Thanks you

JustinC

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is 26 for this month. We have 154 over the next quarter. Then 2 months production after that.
Seems like Wildtraks are the hottest commodity, too. So I have zero hope to get a MY21 with a 7/18 reservation . I just need to decide what to go buy and play with until my Bronco arrives next year!

mrjerry469

Black Diamond
First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK DIAMOND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not sure that applies to the previous conversation about having a vehicle sold by one dealer delivered to another.

Some years ago I bought a vehicle through a military program, through the PX/BX. The entire deal was done online and they would deliver to any dealer I chose. To be clear the "local" dealer only got a small fee for their work/trouble, did not affect my price at all, and could not refuse to do so.

Now I'm not saying Mr. Mississippi has a chance in hades of doing what he wanted, but it could have been possible if properly planned ahead of time. He "bought" his unit from a dealer and that is where the vehicle will be shipped to.

Yes Ford makes money on the shipping fees. I forget the exact name of the business method (been along time since B-school) but, they charge everyone the same fee, the cost to ship closer is less and the cost to ship farther is more and the average works out. If the program was not making money the cost listed on the window sticker would be raised. The shipping cost is shared, everyone is ok with being treated equal, it is when they are not that the feelings of "unfairness" come out.
Some dealers charge destination /delivery fees on top of Fords charges .