Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If ppl are confusing the 2 door with the sport they obviously haven’t educated themselves that they are two very different vehicles. And I blame early marketing. Everyone was promised a new Bronco and the sport is what they see on the roads first... In no way do they look even remotely similar. They just hear bronco and assume. And we ALL know what assuming does. I have a 2 door and i love it.
Sponsored

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I love the look of the 2DR, the 4DR I am more meh about. Neither the Bronco Sport nor Flex are as squared as the Bronco.

That said, the small tires of the non-squach does make the vehicle noticeably smaller. My Base 2DR with base 16 in wheels/tires that I just got just seems much shorter than the squatch 2DR I drove at Off Rodeo.

Given the subjective difference of it being lower and not having big stocky tires, I can see people viewing my base as a smaller model.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I do not know what you are smoking but:
the 4 door Bronco looks more like a Flex...
9eOmkqX.jpg
If the 4-door looks like a Flex, then the 2-door looks just like a Scion xB…

Ford Bronco First Negative of the 2 Door... looks like Bronco Sport with a lift CB4548BE-CBC3-4F3B-8A4F-4155DC5BABB3

I had people say the same thing when I got my 4 door. Its just because they've seen grilles that say "Bronco" so obviously they're all the same. They said "Wow, I didn't like the other ones I saw, but this one is great!", so I told them they hadn't seen any "other" ones, just the "sport" which is an Escape with the Bronco lettering.
By that logic, the Bronco is a Ranger with a cargo cover. 😜

You guys kill me.

On the one hand, you say anyone who can’t tell a Bronco Sport from a Bronco is “mentally disabled” or simply stupid, and yet in the same breath you’ll state that the 4-door Bronco looks more like a Flex than a 2-door Bronco. So who can’t tell cars apart? If you can’t tell a Bronco from a Flex, why are you on a Bronco forum?

Then there’s the intolerance for non-enthusiast folks who mistake Broncos for Sports. So what? This is all down to the fact that people hate it when other people get their obsession wrong. Tell a Star Wars fan how much you like Star Trek. Say clip in front of a gun nut, instead of magazine. Call a quarter horse a thoroughbred on an equestrian forum. Refer to all sport bikes as “Ninjas”.

Not everyone knows - or cares - about these differences. Why do you get so offended?

Easy-v

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My perspective - on this thread - after having a bronco for 4 months is that most people think the Bronco Sport IS THE ONLY BRONCO.

I dont think it has anything to do with the 2 door, people just flat out arent used to seeing the 'big Bronco' and are used to seeing Sport's everywhere that they dont realize they are different.

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife is far more offended by this stuff than I, had a an entire Christmas party ruined because someone said "Nice Hummer" about my JKU (2008, JKU's were still pretty new then) in the parking lot before we went in, and she lit up someone who called my Bronco a "Bad Ass Jeep" the other day... I got a stern look from her both times when I laughed it off...

She also used to get really offended when I had Scouts, and people called them Jeeps or Broncos

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those confusing a sport and a full size bronco are also likely to confuse a renegade and a wrangler. 🤔🤡 🥱

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just so you know, even though I've told you before, I STILL have hood envy. You're going to make me buy one of those damn things yet!

Ford Bronco First Negative of the 2 Door... looks like Bronco Sport with a lift CB4548BE-CBC3-4F3B-8A4F-4155DC5BABB3
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: You're funny!!! I'm still very happy with the ram air, no chips yet... But just need to say. Your setup is pretty sweet to!!! Stay well my friend.

Sponsored

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The amount of "yours is the first one I like" that I get is nutty, more than any other comment by a long shot. That goes double for Jeep guys, they all seem to think the Sport is the Bronco.

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

They are completely different lol. A cactus gray sport parked next to me at Palm Springs a few months back. Here's a side-by-side.
Ford Bronco First Negative of the 2 Door... looks like Bronco Sport with a lift tempImagehFIyKr

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

After eating lunch at a bar with a buddy a tipsy Early Bronco owner in the parking lot comes over to take a look " I heard they had a lot of trouble with transfer cases overheating ( a Bronco Sport issue) " My buddy said he could see my hackles raise as I tried to explain the difference to this clown. I've run across several people that should know the difference completely clueless.