Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went to St George Utah the same weekend as the Winter 4x4 Jamboree hoping I may find a way to sneak in on a tour or two. Unfortunately all the official tours were booked, so I ventured out on my own. This is where the AllTrails app enters in. If you haven’t downloaded this App, you should. I simply applied an Activity filter for Off Road Driving, so it wouldn’t show me all the hiking and mountain biking trails and bam, instantly I had a a wealth of options pop up. The trails were rated by difficulty and most had well written reviews.

We decided on a trail I hadn’t seen as one of the jamboree tours, Toquerville Falls. It was a moderate difficulty trail about 6 miles out and 6 miles back with the end being a beautiful waterfall. The views were amazing! Most of the ride, you could see Zions National Park in the distance. The road was wide enough to make passes when needed, and offered a few 18-20in rock steps to navigate. Nothing too serious but of course I had to try the lockers on a couple just to see the difference. They were great, the difference between spinning your way up an obstacle versus a steady smooth climb with little to no tire spin. I also did disconnect the sway bar for a good portion and I did notice a smoother ride over the rocks then when connected.

Here are my photos. Everyone get their Broncos off-road. You will really appreciate how awesome these vehicles are.

Ford Bronco First Off-roading in the Badlands in Southern Utah 880F6A09-2ECC-4321-9EB9-1141778E206B

Ford Bronco First Off-roading in the Badlands in Southern Utah 8F5F8C90-F19F-4226-8CEC-56EEC1763B86

Ford Bronco First Off-roading in the Badlands in Southern Utah 2AD3FE07-5D1B-4C56-9A68-7D03E3964857

Ford Bronco First Off-roading in the Badlands in Southern Utah 3B9656CD-4D13-4CCC-950F-CF8B0FE5CB8F

Ford Bronco First Off-roading in the Badlands in Southern Utah 0DB9D34E-3A76-44B2-A012-DD219FA7FB7E

Ford Bronco First Off-roading in the Badlands in Southern Utah CE99A9B2-DCC8-478E-AE01-247FC270310B

Ford Bronco First Off-roading in the Badlands in Southern Utah F4EBBCF3-7E68-477A-9BBC-C9EECE4670B6

Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Erick2123

Badlands
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Acura TLX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went to St George Utah the same weekend as the Winter 4x4 Jamboree hoping I may find a way to sneak in on a tour or two. Unfortunately all the official tours were booked, so I ventured out on my own. This is where the AllTrails app enters in. If you haven’t downloaded this App, you should. I simply applied an Activity filter for Off Road Driving, so it wouldn’t show me all the hiking and mountain biking trails and bam, instantly I had a a wealth of options pop up. The trails were rated by difficulty and most had well written reviews.
We decided on a trail I hadn’t seen as one of the jamboree tours, Toquerville Falls. It was a moderate difficulty trail about 6 miles out and 6 miles back with the end being a beautiful waterfall. The views were amazing! Most of the ride, you could see Zions National Park in the distance. The road was wide enough to make passes when needed, and offered a few 18-20in rock steps to navigate. Nothing two serious but of course I had to try the lockers on a couple just to see the difference. They were great, the difference between spinning your way up an obstacle versus a steady smooth climb with little to no tire spin. I also did disconnect the sway bar for a good portion and I did notice a smoother ride over the rocks then when connected. Here are my photos. Everyone get their Broncos off-road. You will really appreciate how awesome these vehicles are.

Ford Bronco First Off-roading in the Badlands in Southern Utah IMG_6478.MOV

looks awesome ! what size tires and wheels you running? i like those wheels!

Sarconus

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We decided on a trail I hadn’t seen as one of the jamboree tours, Toquerville Falls. It was a moderate difficulty trail about 6 miles out and 6 miles back with the end being a beautiful waterfall. The views were amazing! Most of the ride, you could see Zions National Park in the distance. The road was wide enough to make passes when needed, and offered a few 18-20in rock steps to navigate. Nothing two serious but of course I had to try the lockers on a couple just to see the difference. They were great, the difference between spinning your way up an obstacle versus a steady smooth climb with little to no tire spin. I also did disconnect the sway bar for a good portion and I did notice a smoother ride over the rocks then when connected. Here are my photos. Everyone get their Broncos off-road. You will really appreciate how awesome these vehicles are.

Looks like a great time!

OP
OP
Brichan

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

looks awesome ! what size tires and wheels you running? i like those wheels!
Thank you! They are Method 317s, +18 Offset, so a little more poke than the standard +55 offset wheels. The tires are BFG KO2s, 35x12.5x18. Also, this is a stock Badlands so no Sasquatch package.

Last edited:

AARDVARK122

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 volvo xc70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have been on that trail a couple of times. But not yet in my bronco. It is a fun trail. Did you drive across the river?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Brichan

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been on that trail a couple of times. But not yet in my bronco. It is a fun trail. Did you drive across the river?
We saw someone doing that after we left and should have gone back and tried it. I didn’t think to try when we were there, but it looked fun.

AARDVARK122

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 volvo xc70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We saw someone doing that after we left and should have gone back and tried it. I didn’t think to try when we were there, but it looked fun.
Are you from Utah? I live up by provo. But go down south a lot.

rk105rider

Base
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harleys, Subaru Forester, Dodge Ram Van
Your Bronco Model
Base

Beautiful Pictures! Thanks for sharing…

OP
OP
Brichan

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yessir, same story. I got in some off-roading and golf in the same day. Love it down south in the winter.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

St. George Utah?? Heard it sucks. Lots of traffic. Cold. People are rude. Hard to find a drink. People should pass. Go to Vegas desert instead.

Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you! They are Method 317s, +18 Offset, so a little more poke than the standard +55 offset wheels. The tires are BFG KO2s, 35x18x12.5. Also, this is a stock Badlands so no Sasquatch package.
Very nice.
Any rubbing with those larger tires on the stock Badlands?

OP
OP
Brichan

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

St. George Utah?? Heard it sucks. Lots of traffic. Cold. People are rude. Hard to find a drink. People should pass. Go to Vegas desert instead.
Whoever you ‘heard’ it from is probably trying to keep it to themselves but to each their own. Ya if your number one goal it to find a drink, probably not the place for you. I actually paired up with a local jeeper along the trail and he was as friendly as they come. The 4x4 jamboree was sold out weeks in advance if that tells you how awesome the off-roading is.

OP
OP
Brichan

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very nice.
Any rubbing with those larger tires on the stock Badlands?
Not a bit, but just like with Sasquatch package, the crash bars need to be removed.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Whoever you ‘heard’ it from is probably trying to keep it to themselves but to each their own. Ya if your number one goal it to find a drink, probably not the place for you. I actually paired up with a local jeeper along the trail and he was as friendly as they come. The 4x4 jamboree was sold out weeks in advance if that tells you how awesome the off-roading is.
My dood. Work with me here. 😉

RustyBronc

Base
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford F-250 Heavy Duty 7.3 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm not the original poster but I live in Cedar City. I'm pretty new to off-roading but would love to meet up with people and hit some moderate trails.
Sponsored