nealpark

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4dr FE / 2013 Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
St. George Utah?? Heard it sucks. Lots of traffic. Cold. People are rude. Hard to find a drink. People should pass. Go to Vegas desert instead.
My parents are in the area. I agree, terrible spot to live and/or retire. Stay away
Sponsored

KKCrunch

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank you! They are Method 317s, +18 Offset, so a little more poke than the standard +55 offset wheels. The tires are BFG KO2s, 35x18x12.5. Also, this is a stock Badlands so no Sasquatch package.
It doesn't look like you have a lift on your rig with the 35's. Did you take he crash bars off ?

imatexan3

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra All-Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome, my gf took a travel nurse contract in Saint George so I rode out there from Texas with her a couple weeks ago, I've never been to that part of the country and was blown away. Checked out the Grand Canyon and Zion along the way. Can't wait to go back soon and check out Bryce Canyon. I'll definitely be taking trips, if I ever get a dang build date!

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We're heading to St. George next week for a soccer tournament and I was looking for a relatively easy trail to take. My 4A is not working and I'm not entirely sure how my 4H will work so that looks like a perfect trail to try it out while I'm waiting on a new transfer case module.

How long did the trail ride take you?

Sponsored

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We're heading to St. George next week for a soccer tournament and I was looking for a relatively easy trail to take. My 4A is not working and I'm not entirely sure how my 4H will work so that looks like a perfect trail to try it out while I'm waiting on a new transfer case module.

What's up with your 4a?

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Brichan

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone's sarcasm filter was set to oblivious :)
I should have caught on…haha. Really the only part I was questioning was the rude people and the cold…the other things actually rang true to an extent. He got me though!

OP
OP
Brichan

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve used 4A when it snows. It seems to work well for detecting slippage and using more wheels when needed. It isn’t full time 4 wheel drive like 4H and 4L. I actually used 4L the whole time. When I went to Offrodeo, the guide said 4L is great for anything up to 25mph. It actually shifts and doesn’t stay in the lowest gear all the time. We never really got above 15-20 on this trail at most. It took about 45-50min in and maybe a little faster back. All in all about 2 hours with 20min at the falls.

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
St. George Utah?? Heard it sucks. Lots of traffic. Cold. People are rude. Hard to find a drink. People should pass. Go to Vegas desert instead.
This isn’t in st George this in Toquerville

Sponsored

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I went to St George Utah the same weekend as the Winter 4x4 Jamboree hoping I may find a way to sneak in on a tour or two. Unfortunately all the official tours were booked, so I ventured out on my own. This is where the AllTrails app enters in. If you haven’t downloaded this App, you should. I simply applied an Activity filter for Off Road Driving, so it wouldn’t show me all the hiking and mountain biking trails and bam, instantly I had a a wealth of options pop up. The trails were rated by difficulty and most had well written reviews.

We decided on a trail I hadn’t seen as one of the jamboree tours, Toquerville Falls. It was a moderate difficulty trail about 6 miles out and 6 miles back with the end being a beautiful waterfall. The views were amazing! Most of the ride, you could see Zions National Park in the distance. The road was wide enough to make passes when needed, and offered a few 18-20in rock steps to navigate. Nothing too serious but of course I had to try the lockers on a couple just to see the difference. They were great, the difference between spinning your way up an obstacle versus a steady smooth climb with little to no tire spin. I also did disconnect the sway bar for a good portion and I did notice a smoother ride over the rocks then when connected.

Here are my photos. Everyone get their Broncos off-road. You will really appreciate how awesome these vehicles are.

880F6A09-2ECC-4321-9EB9-1141778E206B.jpeg

8F5F8C90-F19F-4226-8CEC-56EEC1763B86.jpeg

2AD3FE07-5D1B-4C56-9A68-7D03E3964857.jpeg

3B9656CD-4D13-4CCC-950F-CF8B0FE5CB8F.jpeg

0DB9D34E-3A76-44B2-A012-DD219FA7FB7E.jpeg

CE99A9B2-DCC8-478E-AE01-247FC270310B.jpeg

F4EBBCF3-7E68-477A-9BBC-C9EECE4670B6.jpeg

I live in cedar, i have done this trail a few times now. Very very easy as long as you have a ok ground clearance with an ok tire. You can do this.

OP
OP
Brichan

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tornado_735

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Silverado, 18 EcoSport 4x4, 09 Aveo, 1995 P38
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I live in Hurricane! I'm under the impression though, that my Bronco is still ore in some mine somewhere.

I went up Toquerville in my 2019 Silverado back last February, and the long wheelbase, road tires, and lack of any lift made it kinda sketchy at times. I was glad it had a G80 locker in the rear.

I took our P38 Range Rover up this past summer, and it was much better. I was more worried about cutting a tire than I was about actually being able to make it due to clearance.

Some knucklehead in a VW Tiguan passed me like I was standing still. Going up. He was beating the shit out of that poor thing. It started to spit lightning and thunder while we were up there, and we decided to leave. It turns to absolute slime about half-way in the rain.

Tstarks

Badlands
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What a door knob, please do stay in Vagas. Utah doesn't need rude people like you visiting.

asurfer11

Badlands
First Name
ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 africa twin
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a bit, but just like with Sasquatch package, the crash bars need to be removed.
Looks great with the 35s. Did you recalibrate the speedometer - is off by a lot??
Sponsored