Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yes, it was the lead vehicle. Member here @Jdyount drove it and said he lived it.
Sponsored

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just wrapped on Day 1 of Austin Off-Rodeo. Amazing! It was my first time seeing the Bronco and itā€™s even better in person. Ford did a great job with this event. Very well organized, the site is gorgeous and the instructors were very knowledgeable and funny. We kicked off the day by breaking up into smaller groups (each driver gets a colored wrist band that signifies your group, guests get yellow). Went through a welcome and ā€œget to know youā€ style ice breakers. Then itā€™s off to the ORX school where we learn about how to take the Bronco off road. The technology is impressive. The instructors provide excellent step-by-step guidance with volunteer drivers from the group. Then itā€™s off to the course. I opted for the insurance, and not sure what happens if you donā€™t get it. I choose a Badlands (Area 51) non -sas, 4dr, soft top. Stunning! The 12ā€ screen when going off-road is remarkable. There is a view of what is ahead of you, a camera by your tires, overhead which also shows you your path line. We took off as a convoy, each car had a walkie-talkie for instructors to give direction. The course has every type of terrain (for TX) to show off the technology. Hills, rocks, water, steep inclines and deep descends. We were instructed to drive in 4-Low and at about 5MPH (which was enough for me). There were some white knuckle moments, especially if you are a total novice to off-road (always a passenger), but I got through it and loved every minute. Day 2 is bright and early, and I canā€™t wait.
4C276B13-D9E4-4F2B-B0B8-68790C4A9604.jpeg
A02669F8-F746-4AD6-B3B5-83BFE06A86B3.jpeg
6D5FA6AA-17AC-4FC1-9D7F-309F5568EA0D.jpeg
AA483168-671E-41E5-8F1C-7FE5870CE2E5.jpeg

F956604B-8E25-4B2C-A29A-625F857E382B.jpeg

FE2E9676-674E-4340-8F15-5D5FE74217CD.jpeg

462E3319-54E7-47CA-A482-499CEFD153AF.jpeg

9C893A21-96D1-4D0C-82BB-302BC6E54E63.jpeg
Thanks for the write-up and great pictures! What are your thoughts on the soft-top?

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can anyone comment their opinion on the following question: Does this teach you how to off road or does it only teach you how to do so in a Bronco? Essentially, is this still worth doing if someone has no idea how to wheel but wants to learn but might not wind up with a Bronco - do the skills transfer or is this too Bronco-centric?

Off-roading is off-roading no matter what you drive. The Bronco just makes it easier for the novice. šŸ˜

JaxDiego

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can anyone comment their opinion on the following question: Does this teach you how to off road or does it only teach you how to do so in a Bronco? Essentially, is this still worth doing if someone has no idea how to wheel but wants to learn but might not wind up with a Bronco - do the skills transfer or is this too Bronco-centric?
They teach the basics of off roading and what bronco tech can help you and when. If you know little to nothing you'll learn some things for sure. Also some recovery techniques on day 2 showing off some of the sponsors gear. ARB and Warn straps, shackles, boards, etc.

OP
OP
Tor148

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Off-roading is off-roading no matter what you drive. The Bronco just makes it easier for the novice. šŸ˜
@BAUS67 i totally agree!! The bronco makes it much easier for the novice but still alot of fun for the experienced.
One of iur group, this was the first time wheeling ever and he did great and lived it. Big part was the bronco and the instructors

Edit
@JaxDiego beat me to it!!!

Sponsored

cardinalsfan

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They teach the basics of off roading and what bronco tech can help you and when. If you know little to nothing you'll learn some things for sure. Also some recovery techniques on day 2 showing off some of the sponsors gear. ARB and Warn straps, shackles, boards, etc.
Perfect, thank you! Still worth doing then.

JaxDiego

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Its running about a mile and a half circut in baja mode. It was fun!
It was super fun. The guides drive it, which sounds disappointing when you realize you are done driving.... But they really rip through it. You will enjoy this!

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ummmmm What?
Can anyone expand on this?

Are people responsible for vehicle damage if they don't get the insurance like a normal rental car?
They offer you a $75 insurance in case you wreck the unit. It is just like rental car. If you wreck it you pay it.

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't done it, but my understanding is it would be perfect for that person who is new to off-roading and at the same time learning the Bronco.

Off roading is off roading- learning the vehicle you are driving and it's limitations, but mostly it is about the driver and learning your own limitations and then building the confidence to expand on those limitations. Picking lines, judging surfaces, knowing what to do if things go a little sideways, knowing how to get out. Sometimes it is just going up a little hill that looks terrifying until you do it and you realize what you and your vehicle can do, which opens up places you can go.

Remember, 4wd doesn't mean you won't get stuck, it just means you'll get stuck in way worse places... : )

I off road a lot and I still want to have this experience. (y)

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@BAUS67 i totally agree!! The bronco makes it much easier for the novice but still alot of fun for the experienced.
One of iur group, this was the first time wheeling ever and he did great and lived it. Big part was the bronco and the instructors

Edit
@JaxDiego beat me to it!!!

Absolutely agree. Take it from a 53 yr old I learn something new every day !! You can always learn something new. Even though I might seem like the "been there done that" kind of guy. ;)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tor148

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I haven't done it, but my understanding is it would be perfect for that person who is new to off-roading and at the same time learning the Bronco.

Off roading is off roading- learning the vehicle you are driving and it's limitations, but mostly it is about the driver and learning your own limitations and then building the confidence to expand on those limitations. Picking lines, judging surfaces, knowing what to do if things go a little sideways, knowing how to get out. Sometimes it is just going up a little hill that looks terrifying until you do it and you realize what you and your vehicle can do, which opens up places you can go.

Remember, 4wd doesn't mean you won't get stuck, it just means you'll get stuck in way worse places... : )

I off road a lot and I still want to have this experience. (y)
@Mac n Nevada it will still be good for you because you learn the bronco tech which was amazing

Jfoster05

Big Bend
First Name
Joanna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Day 2 Report:

So, day two.

All I have to say is AWESOME, it was better than day one.
We started with a brief meeting than right back in the bronco's to hit the trail.
It was pretty amazing how the bronco just ate up the trail, hills, rock climbs, and through the water. We did the whole trail in 4 low with only a few times engaging the lockers. I was talking to a Guide and realized that the Hero switch's are just for getting you out of a situation, whether you took the wrong line or just some wheel slip. The sta bar disconnect was awesome and I never realized what a difference it would make on the trail. Like I said, with 4 low and the sta bar disconnected was all we needed for most obstacles!!! But it was nice to know if you needed it the lockers were right at our finger tips. One thing I would like to bring up after the trail rides was that is was so awesome that you could just hit the hero switch's on the fly and get what you need to engage or disengage without stopping. That and just the basic ability of the the bronco in 4 low were the two big things I took away from the ride.

I would also like to shout out to the guides, especially Cory and Blake. They both were professional, informative, safe and just plain fun to be with. They both made both days even better!!!!

I also want to shout our to Lindsey(sp), who was the Ford rep on site getting feed back. She had conversations with AJ the first day and we all were able to talk to her today about everything. It was great to know that Ford is listening to all of us. Hope fully our comments will help with future Off rodeo and information going out to the public. Hope fully we were not to rough on her!!!!

I hope that the other members will post there experience, I am not the greatest at this!!!! We all talked about sharing pictures and videos, and one member (Jason!!!) talked about putting together a montage with all the footage.

So, if you where at the rodeo, let share those stories and pictures and videos to all who can't or haven't gone.

I will leave with this message. It is defiantly worth it in my eyes. The people I was with today, members and non members all agreed. It was beyond what we thought it would be in a great way, So if you have a chance, take it and go for it!!!!

20210629_093405-jpg.jpg

20210629_080938-jpg.jpg

20210629_080935-jpg.jpg

20210628_215104-jpg.jpg

20210628_215052-jpg.jpg

Day 1 Report:

Today was the first day of the off rodeo and I must say, it was a blast. The staff was first rate with the guides very knowledgeable. About the Broncos and the terain. Shout out to Corey and the other guides, made the day very fun. I was lucky enough to drive the 2 door badlands in race red. Absolutely loved the two door. It should ve called a billy goat nit a bronco how easy the vehicle and tech made the trail.
I have included a couple of pics. Can not wait till tomorrow! They said we would go on more difficult trails and learn how to use more of the tech.

20210628_152910.jpg

20210628_144654.jpg
20210628_143056.jpg
Excellent summary!! Iā€™m going to add some pics. Too bad we werenā€™t in the same group.

OP
OP
Tor148

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Excellent summary!! Iā€™m going to add some pics. Too bad we werenā€™t in the same group.
Thanks,
Yes that would have been cool, should have had our own 6G group!!!
Cant wait to see thoses pics and vids!!

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
If someone wouldn't mind comparing a non-sasquatch Badlands vs a non-sasquatch Outer Banks, I would love to hear how much impact the front locker and sway bar disconnect had on your experience.
They used the sway bar disconnect all the time but the locker only occasionally when they reached a hard obstacle.
I think a video is the only way of showing the lockers. You drive till you cant get over something then lock the lockers and drive right over it. Unlock and keep going.
Sponsored